Contributing to the Development of Legion TD 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jules, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

I've heard from many of you itching to help, so I wanted to share a few ways to do so. We're incredibly grateful to you guys for helping make Legion TD 2 a reality. Even being active here on the forums is an awesome way to contribute. With your help, the game is set to be released in closed beta this year.

As an indie game studio, the biggest challenge is not getting the word out. We're doing our best to market the game, but we simply don't have the resources like the big studios. Plus, we want to focus on the actual game. We'd sincerely appreciate it if you could help publicize the game. We promise to deliver awesome; help us share it.

1. Support our Kickstarter on March 1st - legiontd2.com/kickstarter
    Kickstarter is a crowdfunding platform to support creative ideas. We’re launching a Kickstarter because we want development to be fully controlled by gamers and the community, not investors. We've got some sweet in-game and out-of-game rewards for Kickstarter backers. Even a $1 donation goes a long way. It's less about the dollar and more about the fact that you took the time to say, "I'm a fan of Legion TD 2."

[COMPLETED] 2. Pledge your support today - legiontd2.com/pledge
    Join us in preparing for the Kickstarter by telling us that you plan to become a backer. It's just a Google form (nothing legally binding, don't worry). Pledging your support ahead of time is helpful because it allows us to prepare and better tailor the campaign. As a token of gratitude for your early support, you'll be automatically entered into a raffle to win a Legion TD 2 mousepad signed by Lisk, the designer of the original Legion TD and the lead designer of Legion TD 2.

[COMPLETED] 3. Join our Thunderclap - legiontd2.com/thunderclap
    Thunderclap is a platform that allows you to promote Legion TD 2 by tweeting or posting a one-time message at the same time--for maximum impact. It may sound silly, but this will have a noticeable effect. When you sign up, Thunderclap will ask for permission to access your Twitter or Facebook. Don't worry - all it's going to do is post one message on March 1st. If you're active on Twitter and Facebook, sign up for both! :)

4. Be an ambassador
    Tell your friends in person and over social media. Post on any forums or online communities you belong to, including Reddit. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook. Sorry to be that guy.

5. Contribute in your own way
    If you are a community leader, streamer, content creator, video game writer, social media guru, or artist - or have some other amazing talent or passion and want to contribute, don't hesitate to reply here.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
  2. Guennter

Guennter Member

Hey "LTD2-Team",

1. Looking forward to get some money before the Kickstarter launches.

2. I have to say, that i never heared of this before, but it seems like a legit idea to spread the word about LTD2 at ONE moment, and this should help a lot to create some more support.

3. Already done obviously :D Trying to get my ENT-Fellows and especially LIHL-Partners ready for this.

4. I was GM at ENT for more then a year and also had positions like "Schülersprecher" (its like the "head boy" in GB and USA, but elected by all scholars) and also was leading some other minor groups (captain of my handballteam and stuff like this :D ) so if you need some help at organizing the community, just let me know, though i think there needs to be a larger community before you need others to help you ^^. Im from Germany, so i would also like to help if it comes to translation, since a high percentage of the playerbase lives here.

If i can do anything to help, let me know ^^ Well, all in all the post you did here actually showed us how we can contribute :)

Anyway, i hope my pure activness here will already be a support.
    Keep on the good work guys!

Jules likes this.
  3. Jules

Thanks for the thoughtful reply. Links for the Kickstarter preview and Thunderclap should go live early next week. Any thoughts on how to best reach out to the greater ENT community? And I actually might need help with some brief German translation; I'll be in touch!

4. Otto Piiroinen

Otto Piiroinen Member

Hey there, Pyro_p here, Sorry I dident answer your tweet jules but very nice to meet you to I think u will help making Legion TD 2 the best game ever. I am already helping out by having a banner of Legion TD2 on my stream page, and I also talk very good about legion td2.
    With my huge LegionTD fanbase I already have I will bring ALOT of ppl to Legion TD2. Looking forward to hear more
    regards Pyro p

Lisk likes this.
  5. Jules

Great to meet you, and thanks for putting the banner up - that's really helpful!

6. Guennter

Guennter Member

As soon as the game is ready, i can ask nabo / art)y / uakf.b to write it in the wiki-news or to create a new channel-announcement on the LTD-Bots. I think ENT would like to get some new users by growing into a WC3 + LTD2 community :) They already tried it with DotA2, but it failed, cause when they gave it a try, DotA2 already was like 4years old and there were a lot of other communitys.

7. Lunerias

Lunerias Member

Hello!

As I indicated earlier in a post on Lisk profile, I'm a Frenchman and a real enthusiast of Legion TD game, having played it a lot on W3 myself!
    The mere thing I can offer is a clean, neat translation of the whole content of the game from English to French.
    You should realize how important it is for games like yours to be available in different languages, and I'm offering my services in order to translate the game, thus making the French market much more receptive to your game -and it's not the least!

If you're interested, reply on this thread or contact me at mayeul.pellegrin@gmail.com

Best regards,

Lunerias!

Jules likes this.
  8. Jules

Ideally, we'd want to establish a good relationship with the ENT community before the game is released. We want everyone to have the opportunity to support the Kickstarter because it's a chance to give back to a game we've all loved for years; not to mention, there are some pretty cool rewards. As a small team with limited marketing resources, it's difficult to reach out to everyone, so we're a little concerned that some people won't be aware.
    We agree that proper translation/localization is incredibly important in making a game feel just right. We'll reach out when the time is right. Thanks for your support, Lunerias!

9. LForward

LForward Community Manager Staff Member

Hey,

My goal is the construction of a friendly environment where you get sources on how to play the game and how to become better. A network of people helping each other or to find someone to play with, sources to look up strategies/guides/gameplay and other important stuff.
    Live Entertainment, as in simple coaching or commenting gameplay or as in casting a tournament or analyzing gameplay.

To start off with a source to look up I created my youtube channel last year. Here I uploaded Guides to Units first but I realized that it needs some basic knowledge at first to understand the importance of different tactics and decisions, so I started a project to record and edit 9-12 videos that should give new players a better understanding on the basics of the game.
    I am currently uploading 1-2 per week and hope that especially people that are new to the game find my videos so they have a starting point, something to work with. Will be posted into this playlist: http://bit.ly/1nlFSYZ

Also started to write guides for http://wiki.entgaming.net/index.php?title=EntGaming:LTDGuides but I will focus on the video part for now.

My future plan is to also provide these sources for LegionTD2 and to expand it to a maximum. I want every part of basic knowledge to be accesible for beginners so the overall skill-level gets more competitive. Everyone should get their own chance of getting good at the game, but without any help it's a burdensome path.

Of course I will also support the game through kickstarter/Thunderclap etc. and advertise it as much as possible. That should be logical ;)

Jules likes this.
  10. Jules

Thanks, LForward. This will be helpful for both new players looking to learn the game and experienced players hoping to level up their play. Once Legion TD 2 is closer to release, a place to discuss strategy and post guides sounds promising!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  11. Gomba

Gomba Member

As I mentioned in my thread I can do concept art, and I have some experince with icon making. I can also give a go to illustration.

Jules likes this.
  12. Soul Eater

Soul Eater Member

Hi,
    1. I think i'm going to take the 20$ reward - can I pay with paysafecard? - and how will it be expected from euro -> Dollar?
    2. Maybe - have to look up what it means xD.
    3. Dont have social media (facebook/twitter)
    4. I often tell my friends about Legion TD 2 - and sometimes write it in some legion TD games to all (some dont even know that you work on it)
    5. Sorry to lazzy ^^.
    Best Regards Soul Eater

13. LForward

LForward Community Manager Staff Member

I was also looking some things up at kickstarter, is it true that you can only pay with a credit card?

14. Jules

I believe you can only use a debit or credit card associated with Visa, Discover, MasterCard, or American Express.

It's literally just a Google form to let us know you plan on backing the project. It's like RSVPing to a party. If you realize last minute you can't go to the party, no one is forcing you. :)

15. Gomba

Gomba Member

Is this the final version of the kickstarter project? I quess you will add some neat video too right?
    Aldough its looking good so far I feel like there is a few things missing.
    There is no information on the variety of builders and towers. There should be at least a "There will be xy number of builders and xy+ towers available at 1.00 and we will introduce more and more!" So people vwill know that this isn't that kind of simple game with like 10 towers available.
    Also extra features such as Skins, custom effects, custom player icons, achievements, daily quests etc. should be listed as players care a LOT for those!
    Small thing but the word "risk" should not be mentioned as its too discouraging, only "chellenges" is enough as challenge involve risks. I like the honesty but the "we are new to this.... unforseen setbacks and delays" part also should be removed. With the industrial experince of Jules the project will be in good hands anyways.

Adry likes this.
  16. Lisk

Lisk Director Staff Member

@Gomba

Thanks for the feedback.

- Yes, there will be a video trailer. That will be launched on March 1. We can try to mention that in the preview, so that people know.
    - There will be 4 starter legions (Element, Forsaken, Grove, and Mech). We'll be sure to include that when we update the writeup.
    - We're still working out a lot of the details of the skins, custom effects, and other things you've mentioned. Good to know that players care about those, though.

17. Julian.

Julian. Member

Hello
    My name is Julian
    Id like to offer my services as a Music Composer
    Heres my Portofolio: https://soundcloud.com/nine-tailed
    And, a Demo Reel:

If you are interested, email me
    Kind Regards!

Lisk likes this.