Orginal Soundtrack for game

Discussion in 'Original Content' started by DarkMXQ, Aug 3, 2015.

1. DarkMXQ

DarkMXQ Member

Hello community! I am a music composer and my dream is to work on soundtrack for LTD2. I'd like to share a bit of my work there, as I talked with crew earlier, they asked me to post my work public so you guys can review my music and put your opinion. Here are little sketchs from war-themed movie im making soundtrack into:
    https://soundcloud.com/darkmxq/06-bitwa-2
    and:
    https://soundcloud.com/darkmxq/02-1920a

Do you guys think that I could give a try on LTD2 soundtrack? I'm huge fan of a game, so making it possibly better experience for you guys, that would be great! But uhm it's still just my dream and it's up to game crew and up to you, community!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  2. I_kill_satan

I_kill_satan Member

Hi man, i did listen theese soundtrecks and think that both sounds really professional and good in general! But in my opinion, maybe it need bring to notice some moments:

1. People should recognize the game from the first notes, so from the first seconds it should be "strong" and recognizable chords. ==> not soft and long introduction. For example, if we take the "Battleground" theme, and skip first 40 seconds, this could be great one for the main menu or the first screen wich people launch.

2. Maybe its my audio system but in first sondtrack it were some sharp fragments, wich bring feeling that my hears cutting, maybe need to level off the audio flow to make it beautiful.

All others is good, imo:)

Magister Torturer likes this.
  3. awesomeful

awesomeful Member

Sounds good man

4. LForward

LForward Community Manager Staff Member

First of all I really like your work here, but I'm sure you also wanna hear constructive criticism.

Your first track reminds me of building simulation that play in the 18th/19th century, I can't rly connect it to LegionTD and its (scary) monsters.

The second track starts pretty epic but then the long pause doesn't fit, overall it reminds me more of the beginning of a journey to discover space.

For ingame I would like to have a more accompanying music, something I could listen to when I stream instead of using spotify.
    Wonder if u have some kind of casual music already, would really like to listen to it :)
    Keep up the work pls !

5. DarkMXQ

DarkMXQ Member

As I said it's not for Legion TD, I'm just sharing some of my work. This music will be used in war documentary movie in my country :D
    I know that for legion i'd go for fantasy-epic style :)

Thanks for positive opinions so far guys! Making soundtrack to that movie will take me 2 more weeks, and from then I'm gonna make theme for Legion TD and see if Legion team accept me in :)

Lisk likes this.
  6. geoffreyNL

geoffreyNL Member

I'm not really a professional, just a player and I thinks it's awesome!

7. dragonslayer

dragonslayer Member

The 2nd one was awesome, if it could be more compact and use when it is the boss level or when there is a Arena match it would be perfect
    Nice Job once again

8. voisez

voisez Member

What is the music going to be for the game, also will you make it possible for the team to play music amongst the team. For example, if i'm playing with my squad we would ideally have some eye of the tiger playing come wave one. Just a thought, a dream.

9. DarkMXQ

DarkMXQ Member

Hi,
    Music for the game will be Orginal Soundtrack, which means composed and recorded exactly for Legion TD2.
    You can take a look on Menu Theme's preview:

https://soundcloud.com/darkmxq/legion-td2-menu-theme

I'm currently working on Background Music played during game, I'll try to reveal more in January

voisez and I_kill_satan like this.
  10. DerpCat

DerpCat Member

I really bits from each song that you made. In the OP, the 2nd link sounded like it could be for an arena or something. After it went silent and got what I thought to be "depressing" it sounded like it could be for the king dying, basically a loss.

In your post above mine, the LTD2 menu theme, it sounded great and like it fits the theme of what the land of LTD2's "Nova" should be like.

At around 0:50 though, it sort of sounds like it cuts randomly to soft and elegant. I liked what was after, it just wasn't built into what was after a rather strong and adventurous theme.

Lisk likes this.