Update #25: Custom Games in Legion TD 2

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Lisk, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Lisk

Lisk Director Staff Member

We’re so close! Legion TD 2 is over 90% funded. Thank you again to all who have backed us so far. If you haven't, it's not too late!

WE’RE LIVE: We’re live on Reddit doing an AMA! Ask us anything for the next 2 hours. Follow the event!

Highlights
    [​IMG]
    Custom Games in Legion TD 2

Legion TD 2 is more than just a game. It’s a platform for creativity.

Just like in Warcraft III, you can make your own custom games in Legion TD 2.

Warcraft III mods (custom games) revolutionized the game industry. In addition to Legion TD, Warcraft III birthed Dota, which gave rise to League of Legends and Dota 2. It’s because of Warcraft III modders that MOBAs and TDs – two of the most popular game genres – exist as we know them today.

With Legion TD 2’s familiar event-based Triggers and GUI Apex Editor, classic games can be quickly remade. New ideas can become realities overnight.

Legion TD was inspired by the many TDs that came before it. Cube Defense, Line Tower Wars, Gem TD, Wintermaul anyone?

The classic AoS (MOBA) with auto-firing weapons. Battleships is what got me into modding, and its creator named sked inspired me to open-source Legion TD.

Legion TD 2 is truly by modders, for modders. In fact, I’m willing to bet that someday a mod built on Legion TD 2 will become even more popular than the actual game. And when that day happens, I’ll be there cheering, grateful to have played a part in making gaming history.

Next up: Legion TD vs. Legion TD 2

We’ll share some stories from our community about Legion TD. Then, we’ll take a look at how Legion TD 2 improves upon the original mod.

Tell us a story about playing Legion TD and we'll mention it next update! (Reply to this thread)

The Kickstarter campaign is open through March 31st. Each individual backer makes a difference. Thank you for following!

GreyBeaver and Nerzul like this.
  2. Sheep

Sheep Member

Congratz!

Unfortunately, the french kickstarter is full of spelling mistake, there is 3 in the first sentence. In top of that, all sentences are directly translated, therefore, aren't suitable at all. It looks like a robot from the 70s translated this, no one would write things like that. ^^

Where can I help to fix that?

3. DarkMXQ

DarkMXQ Member

4. Nichika

Nichika Member

More than a story, I'll share what I felt when I played the map for the first time

I love TD games, played tons of maps (Gem TD, TTW, Power Towers, Element TD, LTD, MMW, WMA, just name it, I probably played it) and when I got my hands on this one, it appealed to me with the unique mechanics, something that no other TD (at that time) offered. New Defense system,tower, offensive, victory conditions... I loved it and spent a whole summer in this.

The only story I can share is my last game, where it was a Host pick hybrid game, and since my luck is amazing, I got the worst value combination and actual fighting composition. It was a good reminder why do I never buy lottery tickets or have anything that was something to do with luck.

Lisk likes this.
  5. Nerzul

Nerzul Member

Totally Love it

EDIT: Pudge Wars should be a top priority ! ( shouting out to every modder out there)

6. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

Hey @Sheep, unfortunately Lisk and I don't speak French, so we apologize for the mistakes. Email lisk@autoattack.net - we'd love your help on how to improve the translation!

vzk likes this.
  7. Soul Eater

Soul Eater Member

Some of my stories:
    Legion TD 2.7b: I have like 100 hell raisers and get a kraken on lvl 7 - lvl 7 was easy but the other 50% of hell raisers couldnt beat the kraken (spell immunity) :eek:.
    Legion TD 2.7b: Nisha (elf glaive thrower) spam, I just saw stars falling down - was fun.
    Legion TD Mega 3.41: Arena fight, just 2 zeus left, one of the enemy and my one, we won, my had about 10hp left.
    Legion TD 3.9f (x10): 2v1, i was in the team with 2 ppl, we just spammed him in one lvl, so that he had double so many units on his side, than we. (we: 240; he: about 480)
    and almost every 3rd game perfect spare built ;) (=your last unit kills last creep; last creep kills your last unit)

Plz some one make a good Castle Fight, Troll vs Elves/Farmers vs Hunters, Rabbits vs Sheep and Custom hero survival custom games

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
    GreyBeaver likes this.
  8. naldov

naldov Member

9. GreyBeaver

GreyBeaver Member

+++
    It would be great, especially Custom Hero Survival and Castle Fight :)

Nivoh likes this.
  10. BossHK

BossHK Member

I discovered ltd while searching for some wc3 mods to play with couple of friends. Actually it was ltd mega, already at version 3.5 b4. Played it 1on1 with my friend about a year, almoust everyday multiple matches + random bigger games with more friends. The joy of learning new game is always great and it becomes even greater when you start getting good at it. During second year of playing it we went online to play 4on4's at suchbot, found out about cross/mid building, unit placements, optimizing income, sending/saving etc. Learnt the game pretty much inside out and it is still great joy to play it after 3 years :) (atm suchbot is down though)
    Random fun optimization story: ltd mega b11, red drake mid with a friend when it wasn't that popular yet, 7/12 at lvl10. Perfect random little leaks every now and then, man those unbelieving comments and wondering wtf was going on by opponents. A month later everyone were sending hermits at lvl1...

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
    Lisk likes this.
  11. Vitus

Vitus Member

Let me play with the apex editor pleaseeeee.

:D

Adry likes this.
  12. Jmarcs

Jmarcs Member

Ahhh the memories. I remember back in the day when I was looking for a good WMW or Risk Revolution lobby, when I came across this weird custom game called "poker TD." Wasn't really my kind of thing, so after finishing the game, I moved on to a new CG that I'd seen floating around quite a bit at the time: "Legion TD Mega."

I was instantly hooked. Profit, hybrid, I loved it all. It took me a while to understand the value system and all the other mechanics, but the reward was by far worth all the trial and error. Within a week I had already accumulated 23 hours just playing on a bot called shadow bot. I'll always remember Legion TD as one of my favorite games, and I hope these feelings are brought back with the release of Legion TD 2.

P.S. Keep at it you three! I'll be stalking the forums until the beta is released, so expect to see a lot of love and support comin your way

P.S.S. is hybrid being brought back in Legion TD 2? I heard profit is being brought back, but I always loved the occasional game of hybrid.

Nerzul likes this.
  13. vzk

vzk Member

Can't wait to play it :)

14. Imre Csete

Imre Csete Member

WarCraft III was my all around favourite LAN party game when people still used to host LAN parties. The only mod we played as much as LegionTD was probably Werewolf, because that's always a blast with buddies.

When me and my friends grouped up, we always went all in on wave 19, winning almost every time (before those spiders got nerfed anyways). We developed a reputation of always winning on wave 19, so when we played online, people recognised us as the "GG on wave 19" guys, and knew what to expect. Good ol' times.

P.S.: One more vote for bringing Hybrid back.

Lisk likes this.
  15. vzk

vzk Member

Haha yeah i hate wave 19, but what i hate the most are level 14 and 17 T_T
    Especially because i play mostly on x10 mode prophet.

Btw Lisk will you make this mode on LTD2 ? like different ladders for x1/x3/x5/x10

16. GvR Mr Mister

GvR Mr Mister Member

Is the editor usable in the beta?^^ i would love to make custom maps :D

17. Jules

The editor will not be available on launch. Secondary features (e.g. guilds, sandbox mode, level editor) will be released on a rolling basis after beta launch. Right now our focus is getting the game playable, balanced, and bug-free. The more we focus on that, the faster we can all play Legion TD 2. :)

Jamo likes this.
  18. gGODg

gGODg Member

since on steam will their be an easy way to host mods?

19. Jules

Yes, Legion TD 2 will have custom games that you can easily host! Custom games probably won't be available immediately on launch.