1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.23 Patch Notes & New Unit

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Jules, May 11, 2018.

1. Dy.

Dy. Member

Thank you for adressing the gate, it is better now.

Still not a very elegant solution overall, I dunno...
    Maybe slowing the leaked units would work out better overall - I don't know without comparing.

Thank you anyways for much hard work.

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  2. Akitos

Akitos Member

We had that before and it was awful..

3. foliesseer

foliesseer Member

Wasn't this in the 4v4 map? Since I can't remember the units being slowed on the 2v2 map when they were leaked, since the gate has been on the 2v2 map since the gate has been released.

I also don't understand how it would be awful. Slowing the units on the 2v2 map has the same effect of not having a gate on the 4v4 map. Not only that, the only reason why we have a gate on the 2v2 map is because it is shorter. This makes slowing leaked creeps until the parties involved are done with clearing/leaking a pretty good option, don't you think?

4. Finite Afroo

Finite Afroo Member

the beginning of 2v2 was with out the gate and the creeps moved slower.. made the king get 1 or 2 AoE spells off before they even started hitting him.. king would need an insane nerf if creeps needs to be slowed.

5. foliesseer

foliesseer Member

Well... You aren't wrong, but this isn't applicable because:
    1. It was on the 4v4 map. Yes, the game was 2v2 during these patches but they were played on the 4v4 map.
    2. It would almost never happen that creeps would hit your king while the other player was still defending, since the lanes were alot longer.
    3. And this is back when the king cast his spell at the beginning of the wave. Now the king is required to attack at least 5 times before he can use his spell.

And even if leaked creeps were slowed on the current map and the kings basic attacks would still be an issue (since the king gets 1 or 2 basic attacks for free because the creeps are slowed), you could just reduce the kings attack range when the creeps are slowed. Simple as that.

6. reflektor

reflektor Member

The Pyro nerf feels like way too much

CosFlasher likes this.
  7. Finite Afroo

Finite Afroo Member

the king already gets 1 or 2 attacks before the creeps start hitting him. so reducing their movement speed by 70% or even just 50% would make it so that he almost get to do the AoE before something hits him. doesn't matter if its in 4v4 map or 2v2 map kings attack range is the same. and therefore he will get the same amount of attacks in before the creeps start hitting him...

Wurakls likes this.
  8. Lisk

Lisk Director Staff Member

v2.23a is live with minor balance changes!

9. Arioni

Arioni Member

Are there any plans on changing Aqua Spirits so that their bounces bounce off dead targets as well? (When the target dies while their shot is still mid-flight)
    It adds a lot of unnecessary RNG to them currently. They'd most likely have to be nerfed a little bit after due to the improved damage output, but I feel like it'd be a positive change in the long run.

GvR Mr Mister likes this.
  10. foliesseer

foliesseer Member

11. Bluejin

Bluejin Member

And then someone sends a Lizard and you die :D

But yeah, you could simply make it so that the king starts attacking only once he starts taking damage.

foliesseer likes this.
  12. foliesseer

foliesseer Member

Or wave 11, haha.

Might aswell make it both when he gets attacked or when something walks into his reduced attack range. I think that would be fair.

13. Finite Afroo

Finite Afroo Member

Reducing movement speed is just a really poor solution. holding with ranged units will be so much stronger, and melee units weak compared to that, and since most people do hold with their range units, it just get so hard to push through the holder too.

14. foliesseer

foliesseer Member

Whoops, I fergot to add something to this topic and that's that the creeps are only slowed when the other person is still holding. As soon as both players on the same team are done clearing their wave, so they either clear it or hold it, then the movement speed is back to 100%.

For the people that are interested to what post I am referring to:

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  15. mace

mace Member

#bringus4vs4back

16. Nacccho

Nacccho Member

Since it doesn't look we're hitting the player base treshold that would support an only MM ladder, would a rating cap for picking races be viable?
    Between 1800s and 2000s maybe.

It would affect a really small percentage of the player base, and those that would be affected, probably the vast majority prefers playing mastermind anyways.