1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Before reporting your crash or connection issue, please read this thread: How to Report Crashes.
    Dismiss Notice

24/7 Crash

Discussion in 'Crashes & Connection Issues' started by trifles, Dec 28, 2018.

1. trifles

trifles Member

1 2.44
    Making another thread because this crash has happened every time i've ever played the game. A few times i've been able to finish a game, but lately i've been disconnecting before the first wave even begins! I can't pinpoint it to any specific round or happening in the game... have made it through a few normal games but never a ranked one without crashing. At least i can reconnect ranked games and only lose a round.
    2 I crash to my desktop. Oops! The game crashed! Please report this to game developers!
    3 I have tried verifying cache, reinstalling, updating drivers, disabling other monitors, running on native gfx card, running on low settings, high settings, and everything inbetween! Resorted to SC2 used map settings! all of it.
    plz
    save
    me

Attached Files:

2. trifles

trifles Member

Attached Files:

3. trifles

trifles Member

Is it helpful for me to continue playing and reporting? At least every new patch that comes out?

4. jitsuc4

jitsuc4 Moderator

Thanks for continually uploading your logs.

Since it's always the same crash, it should be enough reports by now. If I remember this correctly, it seems there's some rare issue due to the current unity version used. I don't know when the update will be happening, though, since the last big thing I know of were server improvements.

I see some logs where the client didn't crash, I suppose those were the disconnects you were talking about. Since you disconnect before the first wave begins, does that mean during the loading screen already or do you load into the game fine in those cases? Do you tab out during the loading screen or while the game is running?

The next patch is scheduled for 1/14/19, but I'm not sure if that includes a new unity version - so it may or may not change anything in your specific case.

5. trifles

trifles Member

My apologies, I misspoke about it being a disconnect. They have all been crashes. And they have all been in the game screen, never as early as the loading screen. Although I have had the issue after alt tabbing in and out, for testing's sake I don't tab out and the game will still crash. Let me know if there is anything else I can look out for.

6. jitsuc4

jitsuc4 Moderator

Hm, the logs in legions2.7z and *3*, don't contain logs from crashes, though. They look like there's been a reconnect in some if not all of them without a prior crash.

Unfortunately I'm out of ideas on what you could try, especially since it seems to be an unity issue (searching for the stack trace yields the same crash for other games, not just ltd2). I don't know why it happens to you so much and not at all to most others.

What I just noticed is this line in the logs:
    Legion TD 2.exe caused a Privileged Instruction (0xc0000096)​

Does the user you're running the game on have admin privileges or is an admin account? If not, maybe try running the game as administrator.

7. trifles

trifles Member

Damn, I got excited for that administrator suggestion. Hadn't tried that yet. Crashed immediately after building my first tower.

Attached Files:

8. jitsuc4

jitsuc4 Moderator

That sucks.

I don't know what else to try.

It might be fixed when they upgrade to a newer unity version, but that's still some time off (as in couple of weeks at least) - and no one knows for sure if it's actually fixed then.

By that I assume you mean verifying integrity of game files, right? Other than that, it seems like you tried everything short of setting up the whole system from scratch, which would be overkill.

9. trifles

trifles Member

I want you to know I fixed the problem. Although I HAD tried turning off my CPU overclocking... there is a tiny button on my gfx card that was turned on that I never really noticed was on... so I turned off the manual button, dialed back my CPU OC 20%, and voila. Haven't crashed since.

jitsuc4 likes this.
  10. jitsuc4

jitsuc4 Moderator

Thanks for sharing that. And glad it's working for you now.

I suppose you meant GPU OC, otherwise I'm not sure how the button on your graphics card is linked to the CPU OC?