1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Before reporting your crash or connection issue, please read this thread: How to Report Crashes.
    Dismiss Notice

[6.01.1] Crash to desktop on new laptop; game won't start

Discussion in 'Crashes & Connection Issues' started by HomeSnakes, Jul 12, 2020.

1. HomeSnakes

HomeSnakes Member

Hi,
    I've bought a new Lenovo laptop with Intel Iris Plus gfx and it won't seem to run the game, though it runs fine on my desktop PC. Other games also seem to run fine on this laptop so far.

When I double click on the game, I see the steam dialogue box open briefly, and the game icon appears on the taskbar. The cursor spins as it tries to load, then nothing. The icon disappears and I'm still at the desktop as if nothing happened. No message/dialog box. I've updated to the latest Intel gfx drivers and bios, as well as run through what I can think of in the steamworks shared folder (I've updated Visual C++, .NET, and Direct X). I've attached the logs here and hope you can help me.

Thanks!
    -J

Attached Files:

2. Lisk

Lisk Director Staff Member

Hi @HomeSnakes

Thanks for the detailed report and I'm sorry to hear the game isn't working on your new laptop.

It looks like you tried all the steps that I know - updating drivers & bios, and updating Visual C++, .NET, and Direct X.

Unfortunately I don't know any more steps you can take :( All I see in the logs is that the game stops loading pretty early on in the initialization process.

My wife is actually getting a new Lenovo laptop from her work soon, though. I'm not sure if it has the same specs as yours, but maybe I might be able to reproduce it on her computer when it arrives in a week or two. Otherwise I don't know what else to try.

3. HomeSnakes

HomeSnakes Member

Hi,

I understand. Thanks for looking into it anyway, I appreciate it. I'll keep trying to figure it out. For reference, I'm running a yoga c940, intel 1065g7, 12gb ram, 512gb on FHD screen. Great hardware but I've been troubleshooting driver/software issues with it since day 1, so I hope your wife fares better with her machine...

Best,
    -J

Lisk likes this.
  4. Lisk

Lisk Director Staff Member

5. HomeSnakes

HomeSnakes Member

Thanks for the follow up. I tried windowed/fullscreen launch commands previously, and now tried the dx ones you've suggested, but still nothing. The screen brightness goes up a second, then goes back down, but the game crashes. I'll keep at it.

The Thinkseries is probably among Lenovo's more solid machines, so I'm sure it will be great. Mine is starting to perform better too after some tweaking.

-J