1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Before reporting your crash or connection issue, please read this thread: How to Report Crashes.
    Dismiss Notice

[6.01.5] Game freezes and crashes, requires full pc restart

Discussion in 'Crashes & Connection Issues' started by frolver, Jul 24, 2020.

1. frolver

frolver Member

Hello,

I've had my pc hard freeze mid game several times.

The most recent crash: Both my monitors flickered as they disconnected and reconnected several times and I loose all audio from my computer. Crashed to desktop. Ending both steam and legion td2 in task manager and relaunching didn't fix the issue, so I had to restart my pc to reconnect. This is the most recent log. (7/24/2020)

Previous crashes: Left my entire computer frozen, but I may have been impatient and held the power button on my pc to restart before crashing to desktop. I would assume that this is another log from a crash (6/16/2020) but I am not certain.

The crashes seem similar from my perspective, even if they weren't identical.

I appreciate any help, thank you!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  2. EpvpDani

EpvpDani Developer Staff Member

Hey,

that sounds really strange and not like a normal crash if it affects your audio/monitors instead of just shutting down the game, let alone freeze your computer.

Are your graphics driver up to date and did you try to reinstall the game yet? Also did you experience something similiar in other games?

3. frolver

frolver Member

I updated my GPU driver and had uninstalled and reinstalled before posting to the forums. I haven't had this happen in any other games, but it only happened infrequently. I will see if the driver update solves the issue!

Thank you

4. EpvpDani

Alright, just to clarify/summarize:

1. You had the issues first
    2. Then you updated your drivers and reinstalled the game
    3. Then you posted the forum thread

but between 2. and 3. it didn't happen again after you updated your drivers/reinstalled? Or did it happen again inbetween?

5. frolver

frolver Member

Whoops, that was poorly worded.

1. I had the issues first
    2. I reinstalled the game
    3. Posted on the forums
    4. I updated my drivers after your first reply

Since the issue happened infrequently I will have to play for a while to see if the issue still happens.

If the issue still occurs should I post a new thread or reply to this one?

6. EpvpDani

Ah, I see.
    You can just post an update in this thread if it happens again. Otherwise we are just going to assume it was fixed by the driver update or reinstalling the game.