1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Application format

Discussion in 'League' started by Mick, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Mick

Mick Member

Follow the following format to apply for this league:

Team name:
    In-game accounts with peak rating (max 3 players):
    Captain
    :
    Discord accounts (required for captain):

1. Has every player in your team played and completed a tournament before? Specify which.*

2. Are you willing to record/stream your matches?

3. How do you expect your availability to be for this tournament? (For example, how many evenings per week do you expect to be available)

4. Have you read and do you understand the way to plan your matches in this league?

5. Any additional info? (Don't hesitate to tell something about yourself if you want to)

*You will need to have played and completed a tournament to enter in the league. This is a check for us to see that you are reliable in your commitments.

2. Seraphin

Seraphin Member

Here are some feedbacks about what you proposed :

Team name:
    In-game accounts with peak rating (max 3 players):
    Captain
    :
    Discord accounts (required for captain): ==> Take 2 discords name in case the captain has any trouble. I would even suggest to ask email.

1. Has every player in your team played and completed a tournament before? Specify which.* ==> I think this is a plus but you should not select players with this. For me, this should be used only as a "tiebreak" between two teams like all others information below except point 3 and 4.

2. Are you willing to record/stream your matches? ==> You should ask also the platform used and name acc here in order to check a moment how the player does, how many viewers etc...

3. How do you expect your availability to be for this tournament? (For example, how many evenings per week do you expect to be available)

4. Have you read and do you understand the way to plan your matches in this league? ==> I think you should also warn players that they won't be selected for the League if we meet too many problems of availability with them. But I think this should be a specific section when you will write your rules ;)

5. Any additional info? (Don't hesitate to tell something about yourself if you want to)

*You will need to have played and completed a tournament to enter in the league. This is a check for us to see that you are reliable in your commitments.
    ==> This last point is clearly not that much important (you cannot say : "hey you played 2000 games last year but you didn't play any single tournament so you cannot participate to our league". That's really rough I think.

I would also add something which is, for me, THE MOST IMPORTANT : Behavior part. Have you ever been banned ? If yes why ? Do you think it could happen again ?
    Someone who has been banned should not be authorized to play in your league depending on the ban reason. That's my opinion. ;)

This interview is okay overwhole. However, when you will describe your league with rules etc... Be sure you mention which points and in which orders will influent your choice to select a team.
    For example :
    1- any ban ?
    2- availability
    3-peak rating
    4-tournament participant
    5-steam/cast

That's an example. Feel free to change the order ;)

Mick likes this.