1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beginner Guides by Akitos

Discussion in 'Strategy Guides' started by Akitos, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Akitos

Akitos Member

I finally got myself to do my first video guide and I thought I'd share it with you guys. As soon as I'm done with all the other guides (element, grove, mech, basic sending, ...) I'll be posting them here too.

Please be gentle. I've never done a video guide before and I know I've did plenty mistakes and some video editing would probably be nice, but I simply neither have the time nor the knowledge to do proper youtube videos because I am mostly focused on my stream. Either way, I still hope this guide may help some newcomers as it's a rather simple build aimed at beginners. Enjoy.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    Darktarant, Seraphon, Lisk and 10 others like this.
  2. Bluejin

Bluejin Member

Nice to see someone make an effort for new players.
    If you ever have the time, it would be nice if you could make also one for f10/f11 (attack/armor types and how to plan ahead) and how/when to do splits, new players I talked to seemed to have most problems with these.

3. deutscherhawk

deutscherhawk Moderator

I think attack/armor makes a lot of sense, but splitting/placement is imo a much more advanced guide. In my personal opinion at the point you are considering using splits, you're no longer a new player.

@Akitos look forward to watching this! Hopefully this will help out the new players joining during the steam sale for the next few days!

4. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

Really loved seeing this, Akitos. I shared it on our Twitter and Facebook. I think this type of content is super helpful for new players and great for growing the game.

Akitos likes this.
  5. Akitos

Akitos Member

Added a guide for element. Credit goes to Kingdanzz for providing the build order.

6. Akitos

Akitos Member

Added a guide for legion spells.

Xaps likes this.
  7. ithion

ithion Member

So Kingdanzz gets credit for build order for element but I get nothing for buildorder+unit choices and greedvariatons?=p
    Only diff w1-w11 is placement of all the gateguards.

Guess u did thank me once on stream ^^

"oh green devil is alive this is really good" *doesn't notice the nightmare got sniped*
    xD

Alright, friendly banter aside. I like the format and explanations for beginners.

8. Akitos

Akitos Member

Well, King got credit because he literally made the entire thing, like, he was sending me screenshots of what to place each wave. I was only the one to present it in a video format. You on the other hand "only" came up with the split build positioning (pretty much back in 2k17??), and the crusher for 5. Everything else I made up on my own, so I didn't feel like it was necessary to mention you in the video. The build was inspired by you, yes, but it's not entirely your build by any means. As I said, I got the basic positioning from you, like the 3 gargoyles and the bone crusher, but that's about it^^ And yes, I did thank you on stream multiple times, or rather gave you credit.

That's not that bad actually. Nightmare does good "tanking" on 10 and the green devil actually provides a lot more dmg with those many gate guards. I much prefer the nightmare dieing before the green devil.

Thanks.

9. ithion

ithion Member

Comon man,it was just friendly banter and as i said the only diff w1-w11 is the placement of gateguards, litterally=p

Usefull videos i think. Explaining why something is built and placed where it is can also be helpful.

10. basti

basti Member

When do i get some probs for showing you the idea of this forsaken build?! Im really mad :(

:D :D :D