1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Way to play Grove atm completeupdate 17.10.2017 <3

Discussion in 'Strategy Guides' started by Darksmoke, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Chuckxic

Chuckxic Member

Solid build. I've been playing with it for 30ish games and it has gone pretty good. It's usually easy to get a lot of workers and have a good income.

Only major weakness is surely wave 20. If they send, you're screwed.

Darksmoke likes this.
  2. Darksmoke

Darksmoke Member

lets just wait for the honeyflower buff :D i mean canopie is the best for wave 20 cause it has the right attack and defense to make most dmg and hold the dmg from the boss. but they will get rekt so easily. i hope the honeyflower buff will make grove a bit better in lategame and enjoyable :oops::oops::oops::oops:

3. Darksmoke

Darksmoke Member

thank u bud , im glad u like it. yeah canpies have the right attack / defense for 20 but they will get rekt so easily. i really hope the honeyflower buff will make grove bettter in lategame cause u lack on magic dmg and the debuff will stack so yeah hope its gonna be good for lategame as grove. i actually dont like banana bunk just for the 2 piercing waves 17/18 cause antler can hold them ez too. i rather have 2 whitemanes and 3 antlers then a banana bunk , the only good think is banana bunk will split the enemys if u build it on the left side on the same cube as the first antler. :p

4. Kruger

Kruger Member

having played vs wave 20 a few times with grove since my last post, massing canopies only worked once out of 3 times recently..
    i had 6 daphnes and 5 rangers and only 5 canopies when i held. had invested everything into daphnes and antlers earlier, daphnes and the +9% buff helped out massively

5. olabertil

olabertil Member

To be honest 5 canopies are nothing... I have 5 canopies by 14-15 usually. So just try to get many more my friend :)

6. Kruger

Kruger Member

i think u misunderstood :) the time i held out of the 3 games was the time when i had only 5 canopie

7. olabertil

olabertil Member

Well that's strange haha. Usually the more canopies I get the better... Never have any issues with it even against most sends.

8. Chuckxic

Chuckxic Member

I had the grid full, 1 full row of antlers (1 antler - 1 whitemane - 1 antler,etc., maybe even more whitemanes), 1 full row of canopies, 1 full row of daphne, and all the squares behind of rangers/daphnee, and still leaked through 20 + shaman + mole (if memories are right). 21+ went quite well though. But 20 with the aoe, you hope your partners hold :)...or just make a prayer your ennemies don't send.

Other problem I try to prevent is wave 4 too, Sometimes I miss like 10ish gold for the archer. I'll check closely during wave 3 if I can afford worker, if not, I'll just wait a lil bit. No archer on wave 4 and your game is almost screwed...it will take some time before you can get back into the game.

Anyway, props to you. I'm still hanging with this build. It seems easier and more stable to me. If I can make the enemy leaks early, I'll be ahead for a long time!

9. Darksmoke

Darksmoke Member

if u cant afford a worker and a ranger on 4. u should always build the ranger and get the worker delayed during wave 4. so u dont leak just get the worker a bit later. no problem then :D . and for wave 20 lets wait for the honeylfower buff. atm im trying a banana heaven or 2. on the left side from the first antler to tank at first caue banana heaven reflect dmg got buffed from 6% to 10%

10. s0n0fagun

s0n0fagun Member

Hey Darksmoke,

Im happy to inform you that i did test out your build for like 3 times now... and yeah it is strong,, cerntainly for early and mid-game waves,, but for some reason it falls off dramaticly into the late game waves (even with banana heavens). Wave 18, 19 20 and 21 are just a damn pain in the ass! I dont think it has anything to do with your build,, but more the grove legion itself its weak late. But the guide itself is good, ty!

11. Darksmoke

Darksmoke Member

actually i dont have any weaknesses except 20. i can hold any other wave. just waiting for the honeyflower buff to be stronger in lategame for grove, yeah i really hate taht u are so weak in late and ur team has to hold u . actually i dont build banana heaven im just trying it out , i really hate banana heaven cause its only good on the 2 piercing wave in lategame. vs 19 where the most guys send its really bad. and antler are good vs impact and pierce. so i rather have 3 antler 2 whitemanes in the front as an banana heaven on the left side . u really lack in magic dmg what will the honeyflower buff hopefully change and ur only impact dmg is canpie what will get destroyed as frontliner much times pretty fast

12. olabertil

olabertil Member

I don't really know how you guys struggle that bad with wave 20, the only reason I can think of is that you guys have too low value for that wave? Do you know what it usually is?
    I tend to be around 8-8.5k value for wave 20.

Just went in to custom to test my usual build vs wave 20 and it holds all auras, 4 e and shaman in the same send. In worst case scenario it kills all the tanks but I still have all my ranged units alive.
    I have 2-3 Whitemane, 3 antlers, 15 canopies but can work with a few less, 3 consorts, 5 Daphnes and 12 rangers.
    It's really easy, just position one side to pull the boss and the other side will go past the boss and kill shaman if you're lucky, if it doesn't it will kill other auras.
    Trust me grove is good on 20 too.

13. Darksmoke

Darksmoke Member

then make a guide if u are so good and if ur elo is so high . u must e a really good player.

14. olabertil

olabertil Member

Well I am nr 1 in Grove so I would say I know what I am doing :)
    I will make a guide as soon as the Honeyflower change comes out. Feels unnecessary to make one right now as the change should soon come out and that would force me to remake my guide...

Passenheimer likes this.
  15. olabertil

olabertil Member

Don't get me wrong I like your guide and it's good! :) I just don't agree at all with Grove really sucks on 20 since it doesn't...

16. Darksmoke

Darksmoke Member

i actually hold 20 with 5 dahnen 5 ranger for the permenently 9 stack debuff, aswell like 5+ antler and mass canopies. i mean im not stupid i know that canopie is perfekt for 20 and i tryed it before many times too but today i had really much canopies and i killed the boss.

but compared to the other classes grove is not that famous and not that good in late. lets see what the hf change will bring us.

17. Mosl

Mosl Member

I tried the new guide but changed it a little for me around 10-13

for wave 10 I only build 1 Daphne+4 ranger, to have a total of 2antler, 1daphne, 1canopie and 4 ranger, making it possible to hold wave 10 with 4lizards and 1085 value.

Instead of the 2nd daphne I get a worker earlier.

For 11, instead of building daphnes I went far better with getting an antler(or whitemane if you want to be supersave and they didnt send or something).

Same for 12, I get another antler/whitemane

then for 13 I get the daphnes you build wave 11 already.

After some tries I feel like this holds the wave more savely

18. Mhearn1002

Mhearn1002 Member

Just wanna say thanks for throwing this together, very helpful!

Darksmoke likes this.
  19. Foerdifuxx

Foerdifuxx Member

does not work at all for me. Lots of leaks early on. Maybe I'm doing sth wrong.

20. Cornep

Cornep Member

The guide is outdated by about 10-15 patches, that could be it :)

Foerdifuxx likes this.