1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Before reporting your bug, please read this thread: Reporting bugs & finding your game logs.
    Dismiss Notice

Bot taking over

Discussion in 'Major Bugs' started by Infinity, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Infinity

Infinity Member

I do not have any logs atm because this bug only happens rarely and I forgot to post it the last time but I will add them when this happens once more.
    Basically what happens is that you get a ~20sec lag and afterwards you lose control over your units/can't build anything anymore and the bot takes over.
    This can only be "fixed" by leaving and reconnecting to the game.
    It seemed to happen after using F10 to open the wave information and then dragging that window to the right side of my screen, whatsoever I do that every game I play and only had this bug ~4x but always after doing this and during round 1.

2. Infinity

Infinity Member

Aaaaand it happened 3 times in 1 game.
    I can confirm 100% that it happens after pressing F10 and moving said window. It should be quite easy to reproduce that.
    Attached logs this time.

Attached Files:

3. Lisk

Lisk Director Staff Member

Unfortunately, I was unable to reproduce the issue, but I'm looking at your logs.

Just to clarify, the game becomes unresponsive after pressing F10 and moving the window to the right? Then it becomes responsive after 20s?

If possible, can you record a video of your screen showing you reproducing it? It will help me interpret the logs more precisely.

4. Infinity

Infinity Member

Maybe it happens because my F10 button is a bit sticky (accidentally knocked a coke over my keyboard)?
    My theory by now is that it happens when my F10 button gets stuck AND i move the window meanwhile, maybe try it that way.

And well what exactly happens when the bug appears is;
    Screen freezes for ~20 seconds, then suddenly works again but I am unable to control my units, the bot simply took control and I can't do anything which is why I mostly just end the process and restart the game as soon as the screen freezes.

If that still doesn't do it i'll try to download a video capture tool

5. Lisk

Thanks for the explanation. Yeah, it's just a tough one for me to debug since I am not able to reproduce it myself, and the logs don't really contain any information about moving the F10 window.

If this is still a big problem, can you try typing a message like, "moving F10 window now" then "now it is lagging" and things like that, next time you upload a log? That will help me debug it.

Also if you can provide the video capture, that would be helpful, too! I personally use Bandicam (https://www.bandicam.com/)

6. Infinity

Infinity Member

When should I type the message? I mean my screen literally freezes for 20s and then works normally again. At first I used to wait for it to unfreeze to see if I could play on but now if it happens I just close the game and restart it as quick as possible in order to not lose the game :/
    Also it happens like every 10th game and totally unpredictable so Idk bout the video capture, I mean it would use a lot of disk space wouldn't it? Maybe I can make a vod on twitch or so

7. Lisk

I see - I didn't realize it happens every 10th game since earlier you said you confirmed it 100% and it should be easy to reproduce.

If you can type the message before you moved the F10 window, that would be great.

Video capture doesn't use too much space if you just delete the videos after you no longer need them.

8. Infinity

Infinity Member

I didn't cap a video but I got news. It also happens when using this button and then dragging the window around, but really only occasionally so that's really weird.

9. Infinity

Infinity Member

Ok now it gets interesting, I had the same shit but with another window/object. Basically I discovered shift+ctrl enabling moving of windows and I played a bit around with some of them and guess what? Same bug.
    This leads me to the conclusion that there is something broken with moving objects/windows.
    If you can't find a fix for that a possible solution might be to save the windows in the place where the user leaves it at (for example I drag this window around every time i start game as it resets after closing the process)

10. Lisk

Do you know if it also happens when clicking/dragging the minimap (To move around the camera)?

If so, I think I know what might be causing it (a requestAnimationFrame() call in the view).

11. Infinity

Infinity Member

Not that I knew of. I will try it out though.

12. Infinity

Infinity Member

I have news. Now it happened just when clicking on this button. This bug has costed me so much games already it's really getting frustrating. If you can't find the isse then please just let me keep that window always open and on the same spot :(

PS:
    [Info]165000 42.978: SendChatMessage Infinity to all: amazing

this was the first thing I wrote after reconnecting. I tried reading the logs myself but didn't find anything, hope you will.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  13. Lisk

Sorry you are still experiencing this bug. It's tough to fix since I am unable to reproduce it and it's hard to tell from the logs what is going on.

Can you try attaching your output_log.txt next time this happens?

1. Right click Legion TD 2 in Steam and select Properties.
    2. Select Local Files then Browse Local Files.
    3. For your Game Logs, browse to Legion TD 2 > Dev > Logs > [date] and find the .zip file from the game in which you encountered the bug.
    4. For your Output Log, browse to Legion TD 2 > Legion TD 2_Data and find output_log.txt
    5. Attach the files to your forum post.

14. Infinity

Infinity Member

Okay I will. However I am kinda certain that I can't be the only one experiencing these. I see a lot of people crashing in the early rounds recently.
    I heard it happened to a couple of friends already, too.