1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Builds for new players - Forsaken

Discussion in 'Strategy Guides' started by A.Crowley, May 12, 2020.

1. A.Crowley

A.Crowley Member

Here's a build with Forsaken to get your to the first Boss with decent economy and leaking as little as possible. As you practice with it, you will learn you can usually build less defenders than the guide suggests, or build different units, and you will learn your own build!

General Info: Whenever you have extra gold, push workers. You will soon learn what you can get away with. You will also learn to suspect when big sends are coming so you can build a little extra to survive or when to build less for better economy. Also, don't forget to spend your own mythium to increase your income!

I am not claiming this build will make you a champion, but it's a proven build for you to get started strong.

Wave 1

Placement in this game is important, so I added screenshots
    [​IMG]
    Starting with a Bone Crusher, you can build 2 workers right away. It will even hold an early send.

Bone Crusher is made by first buying a Bone Warrior and buying the Bone Crusher upgrade

Wave 2
    Add a Fire Archer behind your Bone Crusher for support.
    [​IMG]
    Fire Archer is also an upgraded Bone Warrior. Buy a Bone Warrior first, then upgrade it to the Fire Archer.

Save, because next wave you will need 110 gold

(Your current gold + income = how much gold you will have at the start of next wave. You increase your income by spending mythium)

Wave 3
    Add another bone crusher on the other side of the lane.
    [​IMG]
    Next wave you will need 120 gold.

Bone crusher has regeneration, so we split the wave. When less enemies attack one bone crusher at a time, regeneration is more effective

Wave 4
    Time to get a front line going! I suggest 3 gargoyles, as shown
    [​IMG]
    Remember: Anytime you are scared of a big send and you have the gold, you can build the next recommended unit(s) early. Also if you are confident you can survive with less, then build workers, and less of what is recommended here.

Wave 5 (miniboss)
    This is a popular wave for sends in public games. Add a Gateguard
    [​IMG]
    Careful with your gold after this wave, you want to make sure you can build a Nightmare on wave 7

Wave 6
    Select one of your gargoyles. I suggest the far left one. Buy the Green Devil upgrade. It gives your gargoyle a lot more health
    [​IMG]
    You will need 185 gold to afford a Nightmare next round

Wave 7
    Add a Nightmare. Nightmare is properly named, it is a melee warrior that rips enemies to shreds!
    [​IMG]

Wave 8
    Now add a Dark Mage. You build a new Bone Warrior, and buy the Dark Mage upgrade.
    [​IMG]
    The Dark Mage uses mana to increase the attack speed of a friendly unit. When put on the Nightmare, it becomes even more dangerous!

You will need 185 gold next round

Wave 9
    Add another NIGHTMARE! We're getting serious here.
    [​IMG]
    You should have around 10 workers by now. Save money because next round is the big Boss, and you don't want to leak the Boss!

Wave 10 (Boss)
    Get a 3rd Nightmare! This will hold the Boss without sends.
    [​IMG]
    But in public games, expect sends on wave 10. So, I recommending also adding another Dark Mage if you can afford it.
    [​IMG]
    And if you are expecting big sends, add whatever other units or upgrades you can afford from the picture below to dominate this Wave
    [​IMG]
    By the way, notice the empty space between the Nightmares. That is the perfect spot for a Butcher later.

I hope you liked this guide and that it will help you get started learning the game with Forsaken. Practice with it and make changes as you get better. Have fun!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 26, 2020
    Jules and foliesseer like this.
  2. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

Thanks for the guide! I hear new players asking for guides a lot, so this is really helpful. As you said, the goal of these guides isn't to be the best but to offer something stable and consistent that helps players learn the game.

3. A.Crowley

A.Crowley Member

Thank you for the feedback. Then I will work on more, because I enjoy this game and want it to grow. I appreciate you guys still improving it.

Jules likes this.
  4. Mostarda

Mostarda Member

Please continue more waves! At least at wave 15! =D
    Great Job, helping me a lot!

Jules and A.Crowley like this.
  5. TheSwing

TheSwing Member

Thanks for the guide. But you should add when to buy workers. At least approx. Cause it is hard when you are newb to estimate otherwise just following what u advice

6. A.Crowley

A.Crowley Member

I didn't want to do that for 2 big reasons.
    #1 - it will be different EVERY game, and if you only build when I say to, in your game it might not work.
    #2 - when to build workers is the skill to learn in this game, gotta practice and figure it out on your own

But, since you asked, here are my notes for that build.

Just remember, this isn't really part of the guide, it will be different every game

W1. + Bone Crusher 110 2W before wave
    W2. + Fire Archer 180 S
    W3. + Bone Crusher 300 S
    W4. +3 Gargyoles 420 1W during wave
    W5. +Gateguard 520 1W during wave
    W6. ^ Green Devil 640 S
    W7. +Nightmare 825 2W during wave
    W8. +Dark Mage 920 1W during wave
    W9. +nightmare 1105 1W then SAVE (10W by boss)
    W10.+nightmare 1290

Key
    W# = Wave
    + = what to add (placement matters!)
    ^ = upgrade this unit
    # s = your value
    S = save mythium
    W = build worker