1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chieftain buff behaviour questionable

Discussion in 'Balance Discussion' started by IQ_999, Jan 1, 2020.

1. IQ_999

IQ_999 Member

Well had a game with my mate today (Game ID: 11787133931104380615)
    where he had 3 Chieftains and a Gargoyle in tankposition with lifesteal.
    We dont understand why those chieftains buffed the leviathan over the gargoyle right at the beginning that didnt even was in a tankposition.
    It feels kinda weird that the buff only giving tankiness, is put on the last man standing which is dps only in that lvl.
    Felt like the darkmage behaviour not like the one of the chieftain.
    We would like to understand that mechanic better to prevent that missuse of abilities, so i'd like to ask if someone can explain how that chieftain worked there and mb how to build better that it buffed the garg in these lvls.

Blasti likes this.
  2. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

I did some testing, and Chieftain should generally buff Gargoyle over Leviathan. The main case where it won't is on a pierce wave if the Leviathan is built in front of the Gargoyle.

If you can provide a screenshot of a build where the Gaia Shield behavior is unexpected, that would be helpful, and we can fix it.

3. jitsuc4

jitsuc4 Moderator

From his posted game id, it's on wave 14 vs full aura send. The leviathan will receive the buff. I think the main reason is that the battle is engaged by the green devils and they are out of casting range for the buff, so the next target in range is preferred. If you place the lost chieftain closer to the green devil (so it's in casting range when battle starts), it will select the green devil over the leviathan on that wave.

upload_2020-1-7_5-37-43.png upload_2020-1-7_5-50-58.png

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
    IQ_999 and Jules like this.
  4. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

Thanks, jitsuc. That explains it.

5. IQ_999

IQ_999 Member

Oh well thank you - that explains alot - never had an eye on that buffingrange.
    Thx for ur Efforts :)