1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum is for individual account issues, not bugs. To report a bug, go to the Bug Report forum.

Connection Timeout from Login Server - Login from Russia

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by Stim, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Stim

Stim Member

Hi dear Community,

I have the same problem as stated by a couple of others: the launcher states "Connecting to Steam", then "Connectin to Login Server" and after a while says that there is a Timeout and I have to restart the client. I can't get into the game, unfortunately (never could, bought it yesterday).
    Might the problem be, that I'm logging in from Russia right now? Or is there another reason?

I would be grateful for you help.

2. EpvpDani

EpvpDani Moderator

3. Stim

Stim Member

Thank you for the quick reply. Not my government specifically, but still.
    Could you suggest a VPN provider? A Google search results in a lot of alternatives and I'm not quite sure which one to pick.

4. EpvpDani

EpvpDani Moderator

Doesn't really matter what kind of VPN client you use, there are some free alternatives and also a lot of different VPN server you can access for free with those clients. However I would recommend turning those VPNs off once you're done playing if its a public VPN

Lisk likes this.
  5. EpvpDani

EpvpDani Moderator