1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornep's Guides: Mech with positioning Magic

Discussion in 'Strategy Guides' started by Cornep, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Cornep

Cornep Member

So, with the slightly OP fatalizer right now I thought i would upload some videos with Fatalizer focus.

If fatalizer doesn't get nerfed in the next patch, i'll extend the guide itself to have this section in there.
    http://plays.tv/video/59ebcfd338cbab0a92/fatalizer-mech-1
    http://plays.tv/video/59ebd4715e465e4816/fatalizer-mech-2

There is still some experimenting going on with this, but you can see, that the fatalizer heavy focus ( aps/mps) for them, outperforms the zeus/pyro/millenium heavy build by quite a bit right now.

Noxarc likes this.
  2. Phoder

Phoder Member

You might want to update your Zeus build. One Zeus without a peewee holds everything on w1 resulting in an earlier worker. You just build that peewee after w1.

3. Cornep

Cornep Member

Hey :)

I will update this guide soon, been working on other guides for a long time now, this is on a list to be updated, just not at the top of the list.

Darksmoke and Phoder like this.
  4. Darksmoke

Darksmoke Member

Cornep > korifee <3 :oops::p

i cant wait but this guide should have priority :eek::eek:

5. Cornep

Cornep Member

Now now, Korifee plays a different kind of Mech, let's not go ranking us.

My guide priority is to finish my current 30 page guide, then fix sending guide and then what to send. This will be updated after, but i can say it will be before the EA launch.

6. Noxarc

Noxarc Member

Can't wait for a written guide of that new berserker build you're using in those two videos.

Tried to copy it, but rather impossible to follow your build pattern on the first video, as you get so much gold from delayed sends and your leaking teammate.

The second one is a bit odd as well, as you are building to counter the Centaur send 8/9.

Keep it up man, love your guide so far!

7. Cornep

Cornep Member

Yeah, I hadn't standardized the positioning yet in those videos. I have it down now, just waiting for next patch to hit to see if any changes hit that require me to change the build

8. Exemplar

Exemplar Member

So I am having issues with wave 19.. I followed this build and it works amazingly..How ever even when I am over the value I leak 19.. how the hell do you beat 19

9. Cornep

Cornep Member

@Exemplar The build is a bit weak on 19, as mech overall is weak on 19. Best thing you can do is either have 1-2 fatalizers on right side to tank the wave. More zeus can also work.

10. Exemplar

Exemplar Member

@Cornep Thanks! What races tend to fare well against 19? I'm new ish..But I seem to always make it to 19, and pass it with Ele

11. Cornep

Cornep Member

@Exemplar There are a few options for good wave 19. Key is magic damage. Zeus mass is pretty good. Fenixes are amazing. Deathcap heavy grove is also pretty good, but the deathcap mass is dead on 19 so be careful.

12. Exemplar

Exemplar Member

@Cornep Thanks, I will try to make more zues..I need to maybe make a better tank wall or something

13. CaptainRage

CaptainRage Member

So I don't get this "guide". What happens after selling the Peewees???

"Wave 2: Sell 2x peewee, you usually only need to sell 1, but by selling 2x you will gain extra 23-29g, which allow a lot faster workers on waves 2 and 3, leading to gold advantage later."

Yeah I sell them, then what? Guide jumps suddenly to Wave 5?

StoneSpirit7 likes this.
  14. Cornep

Cornep Member

Hey @CaptainRage You make a Pyro. That's why it is called a pyro opener :) I will add it to the guide for clarity.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask here!

15. Kermode Bear

Kermode Bear Member

For the Berserker opening, I typically build a peewee on Wave 3. Sometimes I'll get a Brute, or a Fiend/Snail on wave 3 which really ruins my day but a peewee mitigates the risk (most of the time). Usually have to sell it to get the Zeus for Wave 4, but it's better than leaking (I think, anyway).

Thanks for the guide. I was floundering a bit with Mech until I found this.