1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornep's Guides: What to send

Discussion in 'Strategy Guides' started by Cornep, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Cornep

Cornep Member

The guide has been totally re-made, more details, more options, easier to read and much, much more!

Enjoy!

2. ithion

ithion Member

I've read this new updated monster and it's good stuff!
    Imho everyone should at least know what's in this guide by heart. Then evolve from there=)

Cornep likes this.
  3. Cornep

Cornep Member

Thank you Ithion! Also thank you for the help while I was making this <3

What you say, is indeed a very good way to go about things.

4. GvR Mr Mister

GvR Mr Mister Member

1st usefull guide for me, great work

Cornep likes this.
  5. Cornep

Cornep Member

6. xanarot

xanarot Member

Should be noted that Shaman is ALWAYS a bad send, unless its 13/15/20.

So many people make the mistake of doing shaman on 14/16/17/18/19. I dont mind people doing a shaman against me, makes it ridiculously easy to hold, but always so annoying when you see your own team sending a shaman.

Shaman boosts 1 (one) unit by 20%, and does not have full uptime. So shaman's dps boost is typically 10-15% of 1 unit, assuming that unit does not die before the boost runs out.
    As result 4e (which costs 300 myth) and pack (200 myth) ALWAYS outperform shaman on mass waves.

Should also be noted that packleader adds +fixed and +percentage damage, so that on waves with high speed (i.e. 17) it performance a LOT better due to the fixed component being so much stronger.

Also always check the waves type (tank, dps). The longer the wave lasts, the stronger hermit is (sustain). The shorter the fight, the stronger pack/mole are (burst-focus).

So when you want to send the general set of 'aura's' it means you should always either priority mole+hermit (then add 4e/pack if you can afford it) or mole+pack (then add hermit/4e if you can afford it).

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  7. Cornep

Cornep Member

Not always a bad send.

On 16 it is a very bad send, as the wave is a swarm wave, so the value of the shaman goes down by approximately 33%.

Shaman can be good on 14, if you don't really have tanks, but are decently weak to magic, and you have already sent auras, there is no point going 4e.

For packleader, the highest value is on 16, as it is a swarm wave, meaning more hits get the buff, than on other waves. Same for hermit, more mobs = more heals going around.

If you go for a massive send, and need a ton of magic damage, shaman + 4e is the way to go. Usually against antlers/whitemane this happens.

Mole should not always be prioritized in "aura" send, especially against things like millenium heavy builds, mole has very minimal value.

Packleader doesn't add any more value if the fight is shorter, neither does mole. Their value is constant, and requires as much of the ave survive as possible. They are actually both better on long fights, as that means more of the wave survives, and usually worse targeting so damage is split and mole grants larger benefits as well.

Gawil likes this.
  8. xanarot

xanarot Member

On those waves, ofc if you can do mole+hermit+pack+4e+shaman you should do them all, but that speaks for itself. More is always better. But very few people save untill they got 1200+ myth, as typically arround 300-500 myth saved is the sweet spot in the current meta to get at least 3 lanes to leak reliably.

There's a significant difference in that myth level between 'stuff first, add shaman afterward if you can afford it' and 'sending shaman, then add stuff if you can afford it'. Spending 400 on shaman, or getting pack/herm (or mole/4e) typically the multiple wave-boosting units beat the boosts-1-unit-only.

As for W14 specifically, 4e+aura is much stronger than shaman. Mole/hermit stack so nicely with the wave typing (tank) and effect (-25% spell damage) that they give the wave's endurance an incredible boost. DPS wise its then more about king performance (pack/4e) than lane performance (shaman) to determine if the result is a won game or moving to W15.

9. Cornep

Cornep Member

The guide has been updated for the latest mercenary changes!

Aieron and Passenheimer like this.
  10. Cornep

Cornep Member

Updated to contain 1.60 and 1.61 changes. This means disciple is piercing, centaur GK swap and kraken spell shield increase.

You might notice a high usage of centaur atm, it's because it's kinda overtuned so it works surprisingly well. When it gets tuned, I will trim the guide.

11. Jewdy

Jewdy Member

What does "e" mean when you say "4e"? :)

12. Cornep

Cornep Member

Four eyes :) The guide will be updated when the big patch hits next week, so 2.1 i will update everything here as big changes are said to come :)

GvR Mr Mister and Jewdy like this.
  13. Jewdy

Jewdy Member