1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cross/Suicide Guide by INCOME

Discussion in 'Strategy Guides' started by Steven, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Steven

Steven Member

Hi everone!

Builds:

First of all you need to pick any banana bunk/butcher you can get, no matter if you're builder or incomer.

The builder needs basically some solid tanky/regenerating units, like ocean templar, kingpin, butcher, garg, canopie and even protons work out nice, when they get regeneration from templar or butcher. Bonecrusher start is good too, but you need early king, to counter the lvls 6/7/8. Trying to hold as slow as you can, is the most important part - so build far in back.

The incomer has to focus on aoe and healers (bunk/flower/arctaire/aqua/pilgrim/butcher/ocean templar). It is important for him to start building at around 30 workers, the more the better. In some cases you have to start at lvl 9 already, but if your builder did well, it's ok to start on lvl 11 or even lvl 12. (Fullstacked Kingpin and np 12)

Sends:

The incomer either has to send, when he can leak his guy with at least above 50% of the wave, or just up king instead. Best is, when you can go for a big send lvl 8, after you leaked your enemy enough on lvl 2/3/4. Kraken on lvl 8 leaks your enemy even 100% most of the time. Just make sure, your king doesn't drop below 40% before 10! (!!!)

The builder can start with workers, as soon as the incomer is holding lvl 13. His only job is to push workers from now on. Incomer stays ~30 workers and holds for the rest of the game, which is won at that point already. Depending on how long the enemy saved, the builder can sell his entire units (Pawn shop op ;)), after the last big send you received. In most cases it is 15 or 16 and you end up ~150-200 workers as builder.

Counters:

I'd feel kind of guilty without telling the counter you could do vs this. The most dangerous lvls are lvl 6-9. You don't have the income/leakgold to hold here properly as the builder. Even with staying 3-4 workers, you don't get far above 200 value for your own lane. So, when you are vs cross, you should go for a long save after lvl 2/3 send and crush them on lvl 7/8/9.

I'm looking forward to see this tactic a lot in future.

Greetings,

INCOME

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  2. Cornep

Cornep Member

Oh boy.

There are a lot of.. debatable points here.

First of all, the starts:
    Tier 1: Bones and crusher on wave 1
    Tier 2: Butcher with garg/shroom/atom
    Tier 3: Butcher with decent other sub 100g units
    Tier 4: other things, but you wont win unless you have like a +1/-31 matchup

Incomer rolls should include things like starcaller + pigs/lods
    Scaling units like Honeyflower, Yozora, oceantemplar + canos
    Avoid things like anglers ( you will never get them stacked), or going to 1 armor/attack type.

Workers are fairly straight forward. stay on 4 before first send comes ( exclude 20M sends), then push 1 or 2 more depending on how good you are on 5/7, and after the you survive 6/7 you can make a few more, unless there is a save.

The usual critical point is 6,7 and 8. All very dangerous, 7 can be slightly less if you have cano/shroom with heals. If you leak here, it generally leads to too much gold advantage to opponents or straight up death.

Incomer should do their best to make their guy leak, if the person getting incomer sends straight up mega overbuilds, it's fine to income send till a better wave comes and chuck in some king upgrades. Like if your guy is cano/aqua on wave 5 and you can't send hard enough on 6 to cause leaks, it's fine to income some and up king a bit to avoid dying.

The best time to start building is generally after wave 10. You wont hold anything 9 or 10 if you start to build on 9 so makes no sense to lose 10-15 workers there to hold 1 wave earlier (12) than the usual wave 13 maybe hold.

10 spell should be a anti-starvation spell for builder, and either I will crush my guys soul OR i will only leak 11/12 and then never again like venture.

The way to kill suicide, is to out income it, or save and kill it.

Higher skill requirement to out income it, like diamond or so.

Save for few waves and crush the holder is easier, but can lead to failures thanks to RNGesus or perfect rolls.

3. Steven

Steven Member

You didn't get me right there. I spoke of a full stacked kingpin on the builder and the incomer can start even at wave 12. I totally understand, you don't pick kingpin as incomer.

There are some other possible starts, like ocean templar. I won over Kingdanzz, Ashton Butcher, Bonny, Adames and some other good players the last days, while we didn't butcher all the time.

Many butcher/flower/arctaire-setups have to start at wave 9, because you lose too much gold on 11 and 12, when you don't have a banana bunk.

That combo is a good add for sure, but until 15 has finished, it doesn't really help the incomer holding.

4. Steven

Steven Member

When you send on waves 2/3/4 you can easy go wave 8, when you're against cross. Long save is absolutely correct here.