1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Development Priority List

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jules, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Kruger

Kruger Member

Hello, i would like to suggest you bump Tutorial to medium priority and Legion Select to High priority :)

for Early Access, i believe a tutorial must be in place, at least a barebones one! This will surely improve the new player experience.

I think Legion Select is really bad right now, you have no information about your team or anything, unless you are in a stack.. It can be a rather big detriment to have a bad legion setup in high elo matches. This would improve the competitive spirit of the game so i think the prio should be high :)

EDIT: as for suggestions to downgrade priority, i will say that my opinion is that the launch trailer is largely unimportant for at least a large part of early access, could easily be pushed several months.
    I would also say "Enchantments" could be dropped from medium to low priority due to its unimportant-ness

Jules and GvR Mr Mister like this.
  2. Roshkatul

Roshkatul Member

Suggestion:

Very High Priority

- In-game pause

Now that this game has a working reconnect mode, I find that a pause option is mandatory, because you can wait for someone to reconnect if they crashed.

3. Themryon

Themryon Member

Update list plz?

I was also wondering what the plan is for patches and updates after early access launch.
    How regularly are you going to role them out?
    Are you going to test them more thoroughly before bringing them out?

4. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

Our highest priority right now is preparation for the November 20 launch.

We'll be testing patches thoroughly before releasing them and will eventually create a separate branch to have the community help test. We're also very responsive about hot-fixing any changes that break the game.

Themryon likes this.
  5. vzk

vzk Member

What I like:
    • Good Ladder system and rankings.
    • Easy to find partners after a game from the lobby.
      • Possible Team vs Team ranked premade soon ?
    • The easy way to place units by live showing their square scale and their range.
    • I love the background songs, it reminds me of FF era.

What I wish:
    • A way to change the World design by an option, to be similar to wc3 LTD, with grass and creep's house instead of "2.0 UI" because I'm an OG.
    • Mini-map bottom left and with a "canvas" UI same as wc3.
    • Adding speedattack stat to fighters from the build panel.
    • Removing completely cross build, way too op.
    • Darker graphics ? ^^ Cartoonish is meh for a TD.
    • Try to keep the game as close as the wc3 one, don't change it too much, as you know lots of people are still playing the wc3 mod on a 13yo game (take example on Dota2, they didn't change anything except the graphics and a very few mechanics), that's why people like it.

Respawnkarre likes this.
  6. Cornep

Cornep Member

Purely personal skill related thing, there are guides here on the forums for crossing and countering cross.
    https://legiontd2.com/community/forums/strategy-guides.6/

It is a new game, there is no reason not to improve it. There was a bunch of broken things in the wc 3 one, and some unneccessary things like the arena battle that contributed nothing to the game.

Passenheimer likes this.
  7. bobancoban

bobancoban Member

Hello Legion TD 2 Team,

First of all, thank you for your great work on the game. I have a question, can you put Linux support into your priority list?
    I already bought the game, and cant wait to play it :D

S3iFe likes this.
  8. s0n0fagun

s0n0fagun Member

5th legion still on medium priority :X,,, so basicly its gonna be like another full callender year waiting for that :(

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  9. Awesome-O

Awesome-O Member

Just noticed this thread great way to get an idea of where we are in the process! Nicely done exciting stuff!

10. Respawnkarre

Respawnkarre Member

Why is this Legion TD 2 not like Legion TD Mega 3.6?
    For Example Dota 2 is same like Dota on WC3 just with better grafics cause everyone played Dota.
    Is it possible to get some features from LTD Mega into LTD2?

11. swordfightingguy

swordfightingguy Member

Suggestion:

Medium Priority
    • Separated game message and chat message like Dota2. So, mercenaries value, game started, player dc, wave started should be different tab from chat message. Chat message in the center and game message on the left side.
    • Hide game id and other stuff like client version when player on game(the white text on the bottom left and right side). It's unnecessary for player to see that. It should be visible only if player launch game with separate command line argument. And replace ping feature to be simple and readable by users and add fps counter as well.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
    Enkel and Themryon like this.
  12. Respawnkarre

Respawnkarre Member

Hello togehter,

in LTD Mega there was always after boss a duel fight between team1 vs team2. winner got gold.
    I think this duel did make balance between team1 and team2, cause winner with more value got money to go income. And the other team who lost mostly had a income advantage. This means the looser in duel is mostly the winner in the end(higher inc)

13. Cornep

Cornep Member

I think fixing custom lobbies would very extremely high priority. Quite common to needing 4+ restarts for a single game, either people don't load, they dc, no rolls etc.

14. Blasti

Blasti Member

5th Legion i like a lot, will make MM more interesting too.

But Powerups ? What will that be ? Like faster EXP Essence/double ranking points etc, or will it actually make your towers stronger ? If it's the essence and etc it's fine, if it's tower power improvement i wouldn't like it.

15. raloP

raloP Member

Awesome game guys! Im also making a game for steam with a small group, i know a little how hard it can be.

What i would like to see would be tower statistics, like what unit i pick most(pick rate for all maybe), winrate also, hmm how many i build each game in average, how many units you leak each wave on average...and how many you make your opponent leak too. This last one should be considered for final points maybe(how much muney you give to your team)? Maybe it already is and i don't know...

Anyway i think this game has huge potencial and you guys are on the right track, keep it up the good work!

16. Muaddib

Muaddib Member

@Master Lisk,

Would you please think about the "Pause in-game" ? Like in DotA2, or like HoN ( vote to pause ).

One day, for sure, I will piss myself :D ( on 21 waves + the chance is above 100% ).

Blasti likes this.
  17. Lisk

Lisk Director Staff Member

@raloP and @Muaddib thanks for the suggests - it is probably best to make a separate thread for those, so we can discuss them more. This thread is mostly just for talking about prioritizing what we are currently working on.

18. Muaddib

Muaddib Member

Agreed and sorry for the off-topic.

19. Seraphin

Seraphin Member

@Jules , @Lisk , @Curing Could you update this thread please ? Because of this new major patch and the season 2, It could be cool to update information about your futur work.

Thanks you very much in advance :D

20. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

It's up to date!

PecikCZ likes this.