1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dota Auto Chess, a Legion TD inspired game?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Vincesanity, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Vincesanity

Vincesanity Member

I searched for topics about this Dota 2 mod here in the forums and it turns out, players who raged on our beloved game complimented this shizz and some even said it was better, prompting them to leave LTD (temporarily until the devs "fixed" the game or permanently) to play this. I was just gonna ask about your thoughts of this game, whether or not it is inspired by LTD itself or by a game which LTD was inspired (much like the "Humans are not descended from monkeys or any other primate living today. We do share a common ape ancestor." explanation in response to the wrong belief to the theory of evolution.:D)

To those who still don't know about the mod yet, you can check the details here:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1613886175

Please do leave your thoughts. Enlighten me lol.

2. Mick

Mick Member

Indeed, there are a lot of people who like LTD2 that also like AutoChess. For me that's the only thing they have in common. It attracts the same kind of people, namely the one's who are less attracted to the actual 'skill' (as in fast fingers et cetera), but more to the tactical side. The connection that is made is mostly by -> if you like LTD, you will probably like this too.

Beside that, there aren't really things in common. Maybe the idea of 'letting fighters auto-fight' may have been inspired by LTD, but that seems a bit far-fetched to me.

3. Roshkatul

Roshkatul Member

I've reached top 100 world like 3 weeks ago in auto chess (I've dropped since, I haven't had time for video games in the last few weeks), so as far as that goes, I can say that the game can be competitive. But over the competitive aspect, it is also fun. I've met dozens of ex-LTD players, and I had random guys I did not know, recognize me from LTD 2 in high-ranked lobbies (coincidentally, every old LTD2 player I saw, was playing in high-rook lobbies, which is close to the top of the ladder. So I guess that can also say something about the games, as players who were good in LTD are also good in autochess). I didn't see any similarities between LTD and auto chess either, until i tried to describe the game to someone else.

You buy units which come alive and fight during the wave, and which you can upgrade. You also gain gold every round, and you can also build up your income. You need to watch for your HP, because if your HP reaches 0, you die. There's even an open fort strategy where you don't build any towers, and you trade off HP for income (doesn't that sound like suicide strat?). Positioning is also really important in the game.

So the most basic concept of both games is the same. Of course both games take a different route, but you can see where I'm coming from.

SirCloud and ViccieLeaks like this.