1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game Pass

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by danieltak, Jan 9, 2021.

Tags:
?

Would you like to have a Game Pass on Legion TD 2?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  1. danieltak

danieltak Member

Recently, the shop was added to the game.

It is really nice to have a shop and skins.

However, everything is in U$D and it can take a toll on non USA countries, because of the currency conversion and taxes...

Many games use the game pass to make it more acessible and the users must play the game to unlock some features...

I think the creation of a Game Pass could benefit both, the users and the game.

2. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

Glad you like the shop! Can you explain what your vision of a game pass would look like in Legion TD 2?

3. danieltak

danieltak Member

Well, I am not a pro gamer, however, some games that i played have those features and here are some ideas:

• Reset the game pass in every season and launch new skins or features in every season;
    • You unlock prizes playing games and gaining experience;
    • Some weekly missions give more experience, like the weekly challenge or winning a classic mode;
    • Some prizes must be free (maybe features from the last season) and the game pass unlocks the "premium" prizes;
    • Some levels will give Essence and maybe the last level/tier will give 1250 premium essence.
    • The cost must be affordable and the time playing to get the experience can be like 2 games every day and the weekly missions for a high level reward, however, the last levels/tiers can be unlocked by those that plays regularly. Maybe daily missions?

4. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

Thanks for the explanation. Does the game pass cost money? I'm trying to understand what is better about this compared to offering skins for direct purchase. Is it the progression/achievement aspect that you're looking for?

Also, would it help if the prices for skins were different based on your region? Similar to how the game is priced differently for different countries. I'm not sure if it's possible, but it's something we can look into.

5. Bonny

Bonny Member

A game pass was something I thought about before.
    It's kind of a win win situation since players will buy it with real money, but in return they gotta play to unlock some items.
    Usually the gamepass then costs less than you would usually pay for the ammount of skins.
    Obv. you dont make money with players only playing but its good for the game to have an active community.

At the moment Legion does not have too many possible "items" to give away:
    -cards
    -skins
    -xp boost ?
    -maybe some new voice lines ?
    -emotes you can unlock?

But even with that you can already make a fun gamepass.
    Fortnite had a really good approach with an epic skin in the last slot that is upgraded the more you play.

And if you want I can think of more nice items.

foliesseer and danieltak like this.
  6. danieltak

danieltak Member

Does the game pass cost money?

Yes, there are some free prizes, that you unlock gaining experience, normally those are basic prizes from older seasons and you pay to unlock some premium prizes.

I'm trying to understand what is better about this compared to offering skins for direct purchase.
    Is it the progression/achievement aspect that you're looking for?

Yes, the progression/achievement is more challenging and the cost is normally lesser than the direct purchase of skins.
    Not all skins, cards, etc... Just some itens from the shop goes to the game pass and normally a unique prize is offered as the last tier/level.

Also, would it help if the prices for skins were different based on your region? Similar to how the game is priced differently for different countries. I'm not sure if it's possible, but it's something we can look into.

Yes, It would help. Runescape has a different price based on the region, however, i don't know if it is possible on Steam.

Fortnite had a really good approach with an epic skin in the last slot that is upgraded the more you play.

Game Pass is used normally on free to play games, however, it is feasible to use in every game.
    Other games that have game pass: Dota Underlords, Valorant, Minion Masters, Runescape, Fall Guys, etc... (Many games)
    I would like to help the maintenance of the game and would buy a pass every new season.
    Most of my friends buy the pass and don't buy the skins directly...

At the moment Legion does not have too many possible "items" to give away

Maybe more itens need to be added to make a pass feasible.

foliesseer likes this.
  7. foliesseer

foliesseer Member

Basically a battle pass system like in Teamfight Tactics/Call of Duty/Hearthstone/Fortnite/et cetera. I would imagine it would be free and you would be able to unlock the premium version with money. I'd buy it.

I suggest having the pass maximum level low, maybe 30. It gives the player the feeling that they don't need to grind all that much to complete the pass.

For free players, I imagine it would give:
    • Every level up you would get a small amount of free essence.
    • Every milestone (level 5, 10, 15, etc.) it would give a bonus: a special icon or bonus free essence for example.
    • Assuming level 30 is the cap, give small amounts of premium essence at level 20, 25 and 30. Give them enough essence to buy a 395 skin.
    • At level 30, give them a special skin. Just as a random idea, maybe create a Silver Fenix skin.
    • After level 30, give small amounts of free essence for every level gained.
    Free essence gained would scale per level, for example at level 1 you would gain 50 essence, but level 5 would give 75.

For people who bought the pass, I imagine it would give:
    • Extra free essence per level. Maybe double?
    • Milestones would give additional rewards like a 10% pass XP boost, additional icons, premium essence or even skins.
    • Depending on the rewards, the pass could also give premium essence. Maybe per level, maybe per milestone.
    • At level 30, give players an upgraded version of the free skin. Free players received a Silver Fenix? Paid players get a Golden Fenix.
    • After level 30, give bonus small amounts of free essence. At milestones after 30 (for example, 35, 40 and 45), players upgrade their Golden Fenix skin. At 35, instead of the wavy, ripple visual effect on the Fenix, it is now a transparent golden bubble. At 40, it leaves behind a short trail of golden glitter. At 45, give the Fenix a unique visual effect. Missing mana makes his tail a darker colour, scaling on the amount of mana missing.
    Again, these are just some ideas.

danieltak likes this.
  8. foliesseer

foliesseer Member

What I want to add in a new post is that this game REALLY needs more content that makes you "want" to play the game. It's kind of tough for me to explain so I will just give you a comparison.

If I play Hearthstone, I play a few hours every day to do my daily quests. Besides that, I try to get my weekly quests done. While I'm at it, I might as well play some extra games for fun. There's also monthly rewards for Ranked and a weekly Tavern Brawl, both give free rewards.

If I play Legion, I get a miserable amount of free essence for winning a game. That's it...

Just giving me bonus pass XP once per day would be a good way to stimulate players to return, and good rewards would stimulate players even more.

Or just give us daily content to begin with, and not just bonus free essence once per day for winning.

danieltak likes this.