1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grove Guide v 1.77 [Updated]

Discussion in 'Strategy Guides' started by TheRatedR, Jan 31, 2018.

1. TheRatedR

TheRatedR Member

sure , thats true but the images are wrong now and i will wait a few days before i update it

Jester95 likes this.
  2. Lyrcay

Lyrcay Member

yup, antler start is "dead" with the new patch, I do a flower start now, it's way more adaptable against heavy mercs train we see now. Can't really do a precise build because you can get so much send on 6/7/8/9 my build change every game, sometimes get my antler/whitemane w12 for 13 and sometimes my antler is build w8. I love this patch, so much brainstorm/mindgame to build the right thing or you will get shitted on xD

Jester95 and TheRatedR like this.
  3. TheRatedR

TheRatedR Member

and how u build on wave 2-5 normally ?
    i played a few games yesterday with the antler start, i didn't leak, but it slowed my worker push down to hard, so would be interesting to know how u start?

Jester95 likes this.
  4. IudaN

IudaN Member

I didn't leak much either and I was on 9 workers at the end of the wave 10 but holding 13+ seemed impossible to me when they sent all in.I had 1k send on my lane and couldn't hold even for a second.

5. TheRatedR

TheRatedR Member

i guess u played yesterday right?

6. Jester95

Jester95 Member

would be interesting for me too.. cause i feel in the early waves it still works pretty fine.. but if you leak once it's really really hard to catch up on workers.. so your opponent can snowball really hard.. maybe the antler start is my problem here

7. IudaN

IudaN Member

yeah not on v1.73

8. TheRatedR

TheRatedR Member

yeah then u pushed worker to hard or ur team saved to long :D
    i am currently not at home, so i was not able to play today, but im sure the patch brings at least a bit normality back to the game

Jester95 likes this.
  9. Jester95

Jester95 Member

i just played a few rounds .. the gameplay is now pretty much in the middle of v1.71 and v1.72.. but i like it.. i hope it stays like this for a while :D

TheRatedR likes this.
  10. TheRatedR

TheRatedR Member

i'm afraid to tell u, that i don't think it will stay like this for a longer period of time :D
    i just think that incoming will be a huge thing now and this pretty much takes out a lot of the diversity of the gameplay.
    So i am pretty sure that they maybe lower the income of the mercs or the'll give the mercs a bit of their old strenght back.
    We'll see :D

Jester95 likes this.
  11. Jester95

Jester95 Member

maybe, maybe not :D
    we will see soon i guess

TheRatedR likes this.
  12. Lyrcay

Lyrcay Member

yeah i dont like antler start with the new patch, slow down worker and can leak w3 with fiend double snail, then you're behind real quick.

w1 flower
    w2 whileshroom
    w3 whileshroom (add buzz if needed)
    w4 ranger (add buzz if needed)
    w5 ranger (add buzz if needed)

it's really hard to tell my precise build because it can change a lot, if enemy save or not, if i save or not.
    for exemple if i dont have snail w1 and if i want to save for 3, i cant build whileshroom w2, so it's ranger buzz and w3/4/5 change, sometimes i have 3 whileshrooms at 5, you can do so much cheese in this patch it's hard to follow a precise build.

Jester95 and TheRatedR like this.
  13. TheRatedR

TheRatedR Member

Sounds interesting, will try it in casual queue later :D

14. Blasti

Blasti Member

I actually still use this, or start with an Honeyflower, this build still works today, just the 7th worker is slowed down so much

15. Jester95

Jester95 Member

Actually i got some big problems since the new patches arrived..
    Since there are 75 % of the games reach lvl 19 or further i mostly leak 80 % of 19 and and nearly half-life boss on 20..
    I leak 19 with a small send even when i got 4 deathcaps and i am on value..
    Don't know what to do x_x Maybe you two can give me some advice? :D

16. Ishoxo

Ishoxo Member

Well with the rateds Build i dont leak 19 except they save hard for it. But at that point i allready have mass archer.. and about 20 i leak the boss with 6000hp left if i get 4e and shaman.. right Now im Testing with less archer and more canopies

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    Blasti likes this.
  17. Blasti

Blasti Member

Well today i've seen a 19 send nobody can hold, they saved from 10 to 19, never seen so much sends in my life, it was mad, anyways to get back on your point, and Ishoxo actually has a good testing curve there, the archers don't really do much, i prefer maxing out Banana Haven's instead, they are so overpowered and will rape 19, unless you get a wave 10 saved send, then you are lost :(

Tho you should always tweak it a bit yourself, since every game is diffrent, this build is a safe guideline, all of them are as of when they are created they are steady, as soon as patches follow you have to tweak more and more

Sorry if i sound confusing, actually have a headache and Engerish :p is not my main language

18. Ishoxo

Ishoxo Member

Well they can save that long because you do income sends.. = more gold for them..

19. Lyrcay

Lyrcay Member

Dunno where the idea of "send for income because they save" come from.
    If they save they cant push workers, because if they push workers they will be undervalued for next waves.
    If you send while they save means they will have bonus gold for pushing workers or building value.
    It also means they are safe for next wave because you will have less power send and they can delay their send (so an even bigger send).

To make it simple: when they save, you save too.

The only reason to send while they are saving is for undercutting their save.
    Undercutting means if they save from 10 for 15, you send at 14 where they will be the most vulnerable because they are starved from that long save.
    If you undercut them as planned, they will leak a lot and their king will take huge damage, use this gold to build against their send next wave.

All this is not 100% true, there is a lot of mindgame and you need to adapt but sending for income is the worst thing to do.

Wadi94, Blasti and Ishoxo like this.
  20. Ishoxo

Ishoxo Member

Nice answer Yeah that was what i Wanted to say:D