1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide: 7 Tips for new players

Discussion in 'Strategy Guides' started by Roshkatul, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Roshkatul

Roshkatul Member

Every information/script/video footage in this video was provided by Roshkatul. This is a video aimed towards new players, who have problems understanding some of the basic strategies in this game.
    Video was narrated by @deutscherhawk

1. Don't overbuild
    2. Have a good starting build
    3. Don’t push workers while the enemy saves mythium, only push workers after the enemy sent.
    4. Don't push too many workers
    5. Learn attack and armor types
    6. Learn basic positioning
    7. Be friendly

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    Gaetor, Nacccho, Lisk and 9 others like this.
  2. Themryon

Themryon Member

VERY high quality video with a looot of information in just 10 minutes. Good job!

One remark: there is a 'slide' with a lot of text, that slide was difficult to follow, i had to pause the video and check it out for longer to get it (and it explains why i can't catch up some games :p). So next time i would stay longer on that slide, or highlight the values he is talking about.

edit: i think this video is such high quality that it could even be put next to the tutorial ingame or so...

3. Roshkatul

Roshkatul Member

Yes, I planned everything from the beginning, I wanted this to be a high quality guide, and it's probably the highest quality guide out there at the moment (?).
    I tried to write the script as "on point" as possible, to make sure that players won't get bored by watching a long 20-30 mins video. I got most of the ideas from watching low elo streamers on twitch and figuring out what they mess up when playing the game.
    Yeah, I guess I should've tried working a bit longer on the timing, but it was pretty difficult as I wrote the script, I gathered everything I needed (images, video footage), and than I got the recording back from hawk. That's why some videos are fast forwarded or some of them are slowed down, to match the audio recording.
    I still think it ended up pretty good, and it covered everything I wanted. Think it's just fast/long enough to keep you going till the end.

Lisk likes this.
  4. Themryon

Themryon Member

True true, i think you can be very happy with how it turned out!

5. Akitos

Akitos Member

Pretty damn good guide. Doing something like this is a lot of efford and I am glad someone else does it xD I am more comfortable with streaming than with doing guides. More of this please.

Roshkatul likes this.
  6. Mick

Mick Member

I loved the video, great information. Every new player should start with that video. I agree it could be linked to at the end of the tutorial or something. Also, that narrating is so professional.

7. Lisk

Lisk Director Staff Member

Awesome - really well done and I love all the visuals and narration. I think it's a lot of information to take in for a new player (<10 games), but maybe once they are comfortable with all the controls & mechanics of the game (maybe ~30+ games, or at least played a lot of Legion TD 1), this would be a great way to introduce them to strategy.

It's also useful for experienced players, too - I learned a few things especially in the positioning section.

8. Nacccho

Nacccho Member

deutscherhawk likes this.
  9. Akitos

Akitos Member

Ohhhh it's hawk talking LOL. And I was wondering why Rosh's english suddenly sounded so good xDDD

deutscherhawk likes this.
  10. Gaetor

Gaetor Member

Great narrating, good info combined with the visuals.
    For true beginners this will definitely provide some good information.

I'd love to see you go more in-depth on the topics though for more experienced players.