1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum is for new unit and legion ideas, not for general discussion about the game.
    Dismiss Notice

Handicapped unit?

Discussion in 'Design Room' started by Cobalt, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Cobalt

Cobalt Member

@Jules I mentioned it on the masters cup III briefly and i know you mentioned adding the idea to the forums so here goes... The unit i have in mind can be either a fighter or merc depending on how you want balance to go.

first is the Merc: Psychic
    Cost:100
    Range:250
    DPS:0
    HP:1100
    Income:30
    ATK type: none
    DEF type: Arcane (since it's the least def type in mercs) Debatable

two possible abilities: Life-link (prioritizes an undamaged creep minion and Psychic transfers half of his HP to the creep over 4 seconds) - half that for boss creeps? 275 Life-Link cannot target the same creep twice.

second ability Force-field: (shields a creep and makes it invulnerable but each hit against that creep deals damage to Psychic. the shield disappears when Psychic dies. Psychic takes double damage when shielding boss creeps. Force-field cannot target the same creep twice.)

note: Psychic does not need both of these abilities just added some options

for the fighter i'm not adding stats just potential abilities

First ability Mind Control (at 100 mana spends it to take control of a creep for 5 seconds) 2.5 seconds for boss creeps.
    Upgraded Mind control (takes control of a creep OR merc indefinitely but the controlled unit loses 20 hp a second until it dies) priorities mercs on boss waves. if no mercs are sent, takes control of the boss for 2.5 seconds as seen above.

Second ability: Mirage (at 100 mana spends it to create two copies of a fighter with up to 95 value that shares it's HP next to the targeted fighter and has an attack animation but doesn't attack or receive aura's.) Priorities melee fighters.

Upgraded Mirage (at 100 mana spends it to create one copy of a fighter with up to 160 value OR creates 3 copies of a fighter with up to 110 value. these copies also share the same hp and have attack animations but don't deal damage or receive aura's.)

Jules likes this.
  2. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

Thanks for the ideas, Cobalt! We actually thought about a mind control ability. Might be hard to balance, but it's a cool idea if we can make it work.

Will keep some of these in mind for future units!

Cobalt likes this.
  3. Mick

Mick Member

@Cobalt I do like your idea of adding a unit with some kind of disability, but would it not be more fun to add the handicap as an ability instead of general abilities? E.g. A wheelchair guy can ride over enemy units, or something like that.

4. Cobalt

Cobalt Member

that's kind of goofy lol

5. Cobalt

Cobalt Member

thanks for the comment. after thinking on it for awhile the mirage ability would be overused because aggro sponges maybe have the mirages have less hp so they tank less Auto attacks?