1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HotS, HoN,LoL, DotA2 Any favorite?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Nerzul, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Nerzul

Nerzul Member

I personally spent the most on HoN though I'd have a hard time choosing between that and Heroes

2. Guennter

Guennter Member

I once played a lot of LoL, but now i prefer HotS ... though i cant play MOBA's here atm, and need to wait till i move back home. ^^ The internet is so bad here, that i would lag all the time.

Sir Meon likes this.
  3. Lightshard

Lightshard Member

Skill needed : Dota > HoN > LoL > Hots

Fun: Hots > LoL > Dota/HoN

CandleLight likes this.
  4. Nerzul

Nerzul Member

HoN Has tons of fun if you have a proper setup, I've seen Ophelias rule the world and that's quite funny

5. Guennter

Guennter Member

Why should DotA be harder then LoL? And all people which say HotS is for naps, just dont understand that its more teambased, and that most of the skill you need is not personal but a lot more teambased then in most other MOBA's :)

I totaly agree with your statement about the fun though ;)

6. Nerzul

Nerzul Member

That point is quite right, that's the main reason I enjoy HotS, because it totally obliterates the chance of individualism and forces everyone on the game to actually have teamplay or die a worthless death, even a Nova or a Zera are forced to teamfight much more than do invis players in other regular MOBAS
    That reasoning has made me realise what effect have certain mechanics into a user base and since we all know humans lack certain humility this individualism and thought that one single player makes the difference there's no need to wonder why the community is as toxic as it has become

7. Lightshard

Lightshard Member

2 Factors why Dota is WAAAAY harder than LoL.

1.) You can denie your own Minions. LoL dont have it, so you have to watch at the double amount of Minions per Wave.
    2.) Dota is faster in terms of Overall Speed. League is way slower, so you have simply more Time to react to things.

I personally think #2 is the Biggest Reason why LoL have even more Twitch Viewer overall. Its just smoother to watch, you dont feel like you miss every second something...

Edit: Btw, HotS is not for naps, but its way easier then the other big 3. I got easy 3k+ Mmr in HotS and Rank 1 in several Weeks. In LoL im still struggling around in plat, but i dont play these games realy often, so i might could improve in LoL more when i just would play it more often.

And HotS, yeah, quited a long time ago, boring as fuck for a player who is looking for a competive Game. (excluding Team HotS, dont had a team, so i cant judge this)

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
  8. Nerzul

Nerzul Member

As to those two main points I kind of agree, those are some elemental mechanics that force the player to constantly focus on even another thing, and the speed just makes it harder.
    Since DotA and LoL are basically the same on the other basic mechanics I'd agree on DotA being harder than LoL.

About that.... I'm not so sure, even if to some people it looks like it, the first time I saw a LoL match I couldn't even see the area of effect of an AOE skill by looking at the animation, much less being able to follow the projectile with ease from its source to the target, everything seemed too colorful and overloaded with artifacts to make it "appealing to the player".
    It might be slower but the overall aesthetics to many might not be too smooth to watch.

EDIT: To some those aesthetics make it easier to watch

9. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

I'm a huge League of Legends fan boy. Been playing since November 2010. Worked at Riot Games for 4 years. Hit top 200 in 2014. Around 10,000 games played in total. Haven't been able to play as much recently since I'm so committed to Legion TD 2, but I still love the game. My summoner name is "Jules" in North America if anyone ever wants to play! :)

CandleLight and Sir Meon like this.
  10. Lightshard

Lightshard Member

Get Ready for some Friend Request Spam, dude :)

11. Jules

Jokes on them. My friends list is full. ;)

InVasMani likes this.
  12. Nightturtles

Nightturtles Member

LoL was my "first love" in terms of MOBAs and will always hold a special place in my heart. There's no other game that has made me feel so frustrated and satisfied at exact same the same time. That said, I've actually quit playing LoL entirely - the session times are just too long and unpredictable for me. If I'm going to sit down to play a MOBA these days it'll be HotS since I can usually rely on a game ending in 30 mins and it causes me fewer grey hairs.

CandleLight likes this.
  13. Jules

I know what you mean! I think different session times appeal to different audiences. Those that want shorter games might prefer HotS, those that want longer games might prefer League, those that want highly variant games might prefer Dota 2. There's, of course, more to these games than average session time, but it's an important factor. We're still making calls on this and want to be flexible, but right now, we're aiming for the average game of Legion TD 2 to be around 25 minutes.

14. Nightturtles

Nightturtles Member

Agree that there's so much more to it than session time, that was just the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

As for Legion TD 2, 25 minute average sounds just about right to me. That seems to be about the average in Legion currently and I've been happy with the pace.

Sir Meon likes this.
  15. DerpCat

DerpCat Member

HotS. I'm overall not a moba player, so having a casual environment is important to me as I'm not ready to be competitive or anything. Dota2 and LoL seem to get sticky with drama.

16. GoodVisuals

GoodVisuals Member

Well, my favourite is def Dota 2 but I like League of Legends too.

Tbh I am not really one of those " good players " when it comes to Moba :/
    But I am trying my best :D

17. Kevin

Kevin Member

HotS any Questions ?

18. Cornep

Cornep Member

LoL or Hots, if someone wants to play together, hit me up
    on Bnet, Cornep#2973
    on EUW LoL Teemo wins life

19. LEGOPASTA

LEGOPASTA Member

For me its really hard, I played Hon since Beta and I have really struggled to actually get into any of the other mobas. I have played probably close to 200 hours of Dota and probably 300+ of lol but I personally still prefer hon.
    The reason hon is no where near as big is that it was made by a tiny company originally and they made a couple of mistakes like making it pay to play initially, and almost all indi games never pull in big numbers...obviously we have exceptions to the rule but this is generally the case...

Dota 2 I just don't enjoy the feel of the game, the graphics aren't for me and the actual gameplay feels slightly slower then hon.
    Lol I much prefer the actual visuals and feel of the game, but its a game for dummies, if you have come from hon or Dota its so comfortable to play, no denies, short stuns, almost no invis heroes.

I prefer LOL to Dota but if hon could hold number It would be the best.

20. Rofl90

Rofl90 Member

I've been playing League of Legends since Season 3, a total of 4 years.

The highest rank I've reached was Diamond 4, last season I was Diamond 5.

I main Yasuo and I aim to reach Diamond again this season, currently Plat2 with 94 LP.

Also played DotA. DotA 2, HotS.