1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to counter Ogre wave 10

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kenneth Brylov, May 18, 2020.

1. Kenneth Brylov

Kenneth Brylov Member

So, i am finally learning how to counter early game sends, but i cant for the life of me counter an ogre + hermit wave 10 send.

What is the best approach to counter this?

Thanks.

2. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

Here are some tips to counter it:
    • Don't over-build fortified defense. This is countered by both Granddaddy and Ogre.
    • If you can, build swift defense on wave 10. Units like Berserker and Yozora are strong against both Granddaddy and Ogre.
    • If you're not sure if they're sending wave 9 or 10, prioritize natural defense on wave 9. Units like Antler, King Claw, and Golden Buckler are strong against both waves 9 and 10, as well as against Ogre.
    • Have your teammate and you send mercenaries aggressively on wave 9. Ogre + Hermit is a substantial send on wave 10. It typically requires saving for at least 3 waves, so they'll be low on income/gold and vulnerable to sends.
    • Upgrade the king's attack on wave 10.
    • Keep in mind that leaking is part of the game. You can play correctly and still leak wave 10 to Ogre/Hermit. You'll be even or higher in gold because they saved for 3 waves.

3. Boris

Boris Member

Do a 50-50 split (main army on the left, some Tier 1-2's on the right and top positioned units to be on the same line). The ogre could go to the right and stall it for some time. But mind that Ogre is made to be strong vs mass tier 1 units since he 1 shots them.

You may kill the ogre if you have some Fire Ele/Rogue Wave + Violet combo, but then again, you wouldn't be strong for wave 10 in the first place. But as Jules mentioned, leaking is part of the game, and if you can afford taking some king damage on wave 10 and you know you have strong units for after wave 10, it's best to not try holding 10 but keep adding value as going full workers might be a worse idea.

P.S. testing builds vs. sends in the sandbox will be very useful to answer a lot of your questions/doubts regarding the in-game possibilities

A.Crowley and foliesseer like this.
  4. Kenneth Brylov

Kenneth Brylov Member

Thank you both for your replies! it has been really helpful.
    Actually didnt know leaking is inevitable sometimes, but its really nice to know.
    I might be guilty of building too many fortified armor units sometimes so ill keep that in mind.

i completely forgot the game had a sandbox mode! i am gonna take a few games where i split and see where it goes

Both of your replies were really helpful, i am having a fun time learning the game and interacting with the community :)

A.Crowley likes this.