1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Income/workers/afk strategy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rabeleja, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Rabeleja

Rabeleja Member

Hey!

Have not posted here yet, but something is bothering me. Recently I've had a few games (2vs2) which involved one of the opponents doing only workers and (usually) building after wave 10. The way I've handled this is that the one receiving sends from the income guy builds only value and the other guy builds more workers, but is still kinda keeping up with the value. In my experience if the game does not end at wave 10, the game is lost. I can keep up with building value until the end of wave 15 and then the sends keep getting too massive. It seems like there's no way to beat this. Usually it involves the income guy building gates or some aoe units which can hold any send my teammate is sending. Last game the guy had something like 180 workers and was sending 1000+ mythium sends every wave.
    My question is, how do I counter this? This is totally ruining my gaming experience. I think I am using the right strategy to counter this, but with no effect. Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you

To add, I've seen two versions of it. One version is that the one building only workers starts building after 10 and his teammate is slowly building up workers. The other version is that the teammate building only value will sell all of his units and starts building only workers. Because his buddy has so much income, he will hold both lanes until his teammate has enough workers. LTD2(1).PNG LTD2(2).PNG LTD2(3).PNG LTD2.PNG

2. Chilingfrost

Chilingfrost Member

Okay let's talk about the infamous 7 worker start+holder. This strategy has one overall weakness, you will have more gold in the early game than the other team, meaning that early game is the important part to beat this strategy. Since you are technically both sending to the same guy for the first 10 waves it is very important that when sending BOTH of your sends counter the builders setup. Secondly the guy leaking will leak EVERY mercenary send to him, which is free gold=more advantage. Third it is okay to leak a bit if you got sends from the guy with a lot of workers because overall your gold advantage will be bigger, focus on making the builder leak instead as this will harrass the king. Overall this strategy is lategame oriented and to counter, it requires the guy getting send into from the huge amount of workers to focus on leaking the guy being the "holder" and for the guy getting sends from the holder to keep pressing an advantage with sends.

I hope this overall helps.

EDIT: I am only around 1400 elo, but have never lost to this strategy

A.Crowley likes this.
  3. Darktarant

Darktarant Member

I think you and your teammate should have been able to push more workers since it seemed like they sent every wave and if you hold the sends of the incommer you will have a lot more gold then them wich you can turn into more workers to either save onto them or beat them in the income game. Overall i think this is a very weak strategy and its power comes mainly from the game beeing a lot diffrent then your usual game. But if you know how play against it and dont overvalue excessively you should have an easy time.

4. Darktarant

Darktarant Member

to me it seems like you starved yourself by saving very long and not pushing enough workers.

5. Fortimbras

Fortimbras Member

GvR Mr Mister likes this.
  6. Rabeleja

Rabeleja Member

Thank you for replies!