1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this game still alive?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nortan, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Nortan

Nortan Member

I've been away from this for about 2 years now. Mostly cross broke me. Was a nightmare in WC3 and it was a nightmare in this game. Also the whole save dumping vs value building balance was funky back then.

So is this game still going or what? Not sure I have enough interest to relearn it and figure out the changes if it's not building any traction. The lack of recent posts and the negativity in the ones I do see doesn't speak well.

Oh, and is cross dead? Tell me it's dead.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  2. Themryon

Themryon Member

These days, you can not cross in ranked. You can cross in casual mode.

For what it's worth, they reverted the biggest change that triggered all the negative comments.
    However, if you want to relearn the game only if there is enough traction, i would say: wait until they do the free weekend, or some other major update, so there is a new influx of people.

3. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

Great to see you, Nortan! Yep, game is alive and well with over 10,000 active players. We did a little promotion last week and got almost 2000 new players. Since you last played, we've added a ton of new units and content and have grown the dev team to 4 full-time employees. We have some big plans to grow the game further and are working as hard as we can. Hope to see you in game. :)

Seraphin likes this.