1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jenz's simplistic Element guide

Discussion in 'Strategy Guides' started by jenz, Dec 6, 2017.

1. jenz

jenz Member

The standard Element build is very solid however i enjoy to use my own somewhat differential build. For Following the Guide its required that you are familliar with playing Element since you fairly often get in situations of being a few golds short.

This is a short Showcase of how to follow it in Default games. Every game goes differently so you fairly often need to rely on having pushed income strong enough or get 25 myth send against you before wave 3.

[​IMG]

Wave 1: You want to start with a mudman and push one worker. Make sure you place the mudman 3 tiles away from the right and with 4 spaces left to the bottom.

[​IMG]

Wave 2: Place the Windhawk at the same location as me. The Windhawk Should accordingly be 4 tiles away from the right and two further down.

[​IMG]

Wave 3: Ussualy you can afford the two Aqua Spirits here (6 gold atleast from send or 18 income).

While wave 3 is going on push your third worker.

[​IMG]

Wave 4: Ussualy you can afford an additional proton or will be one-two gold short. This holds asuming you only get a 50 mythium send on wave 4 (Two snails can be close to hold).

[​IMG]

Wave 5: Add additional Windhawk above the right Aqua spirit. This solid holds 50 myth send (if you expect bigger send you should be able to add extra proton).
    Add your Fourth worker during this wave.

[​IMG]

Wave 6: Add additional Windhawk within the 4 tiles of the lane. If you expect over 50 Myth send add one or two protons so that you in total have 2-3.

[​IMG]
    Wave 7: Upgrade Aqua spirit to Fire Elemental or Rogue Wave. It deppends on if you can afford the 140 gold. Holding wave 7 can be a bit difficult with Rogue Wave and might result in leaking about 4 units if the enemy send too much

on wave 7 push worker so you have 5.

[​IMG]

Wave 8: Buy the opposite Aqua spirit upgrade so you have the combo. This ussualy holds a dino and snail.
    Push worker on this wave so you have 6.

[​IMG]

Wave 9: Add a fourth Windhawk and Upgrade the Atom if you can. If you cant afford Atom add extra Protons. It all deppends on each games variation. Being able to Afford the Atom is super important for pushing income on 8 so you first need to get supply during round 9.

[​IMG]

Wave 10: Add a Disciple and for the remaining money Protons. In Good games you can sit on 7 workers at wave 10 with this. If your Enemy pressures you then you might need to make the choice between sitting at 5 or 6 workers on 10 instead but of course with more value.
    Push 1-2 workers during this wave. It deppends on how well your game goes.

[​IMG]

Wave 11: If possible i like to add a Mudman because of the Fortified armor against Pierce for 11 and 12. Alternatively upgrade Protons to Atoms. Push 1 worker during this wave.

[​IMG]

Wave 12: I like to upgrade a windhawk to Violet because its okay 12 and good against 13. In some cases you can also Afford an Atom,- if not, add additional Protons.
    Deppending on your game you can maybe push a worker during this wave. It can have a great impact on 13 so be carefull.

[​IMG]
    Wave 13: For 13 i Upgrade Mudman to Golem and upgrade the third Proton to Atom. Its 40 undervalue which is fine as long as you dont get a too big send. (The Golem is not really strong 13 but its decent for 14, and for 17 and 18 you will want one Golem and 2 Mudman because of pierce)

You also should avoid worker here and try to go for a Starcaller if Possible for 14. That leaves you with around 8-12 workers deppending on how well your game goes.

[​IMG]

Wave 14: Now you have your Starcaller. This is getting close to the bare minimum of holding. so you will Deffently want to add a bit more value to 14 if you can. Best would be in the form of another rogue wave/ fire elemental or Atoms.
    How much extra value you can add to 14 deppends on how well the game went for you so far, if it goes nicely you might also get additional Disicple for 14. (Do also not bother with workers before 16)

[​IMG]

Wave 15: Asuming you push income strong enough or got enough leaks from the enemies through the game to this point you should be able to afford two fire lords for 15.

For 16 you will want Disciple, for 17 Disciple or Golem, 18 also Disciple or upgrade Golem or third Mudman. For 19 and 20 you just want Fire lord & Fenix.

Hope this seems somewhat helpfull (maybe not best idea to write this at almost 5 am).

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    Kruger, Nst4, xanarot and 1 other person like this.
  2. nicklas andersen

nicklas andersen Member

The legendary Jenz-Mudman-opener element build. FINALLY a guide, so I myself can bask in the glory of this unprecedented build. Some would say the aqua combo is finished late with this order of building, but with the mudman and tonnes of windhawks wave 9 is suddenly much easier holding contrary to the conventional element build - at the expense of being a bit weaker on 7.
    I've seen Jenz play this variation of element nearly hundreds of times, and it's a good build imo and I recommend other players trying it out.

P.S. Unlike Jenz though, you might want to stay on rec. value past wave 10.

Hylet and jenz like this.
  3. xanarot

xanarot Member

For W4 typically windhawk/mudman/2 aqua holds, no need for protons. Just gotta place the windhawk closer to the mudman instead of having room for 1 line of units between them, so they tank combined from the start. Mudman is a lot weaker than windhawk in tanking here, impact vs fortified is bonus damage, nature means reduction, and you want to buy time for your aqua's to melt the wave.

Dont really get that W9 proton into atom, knowing it deals 15% less damage there. Would recommend getting the first violet here over the windhawk+atom. Also much more solid value in case of a mole send (priority send into proton/aqua units on W9) and helps destroy 11 (magic vs nature) as well so you dont need a 2nd mudman there.
    I mean, atom is 32 dmg/hit, mole means it goes to 27 dmg/hit which just guts out your performance unless you're lucky and something hits the mole early. On W9 its even worse, as proton goes down to like 23 dmg/hit there due to the wave damage reduction effect.

Continuing from that, you can then already go for the 2nd violet instead of mudman pre-11. Should help give a much better performance overall?

Unclear also why you starcaller before you have units that benefit from its aura. Or does the switch to pierce really make it worth it for 14 instead of making disciples/fire lords first?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    nicklas andersen and jenz like this.
  4. CaptainRage

CaptainRage Member

I really enjoy this build and played a couple really nice games with it.

However, I get in serious trouble pretty early on whenever I get a heavy send on wave 5 (scorpions + boss).

For example last match:

I got nothing on 1 and a snail on 2. Then he apparently realized what build I was going for and began to safe. When I had no send on 3 I didn't get the worker and began to overbuild. But still it wasn't enough. I got both Brute and Feind on 5 and leaked both + the boss.

Then I'm leaking AND behind on workers and there's little to no chance I can make up for it. We won because the rest of the team carried me pretty hard, but apparently this seems to be a pretty big weakness...

5. xanarot

xanarot Member

As element, if the enemy saves early you got 2 options. Aqua combo pre-send, or violet. Which one did you go for?

W5 is pierce, fiend is also pierce, so your mudman tank should be having a party on that frontline (80% dmg from pierce taken). Simiarly, both aqua combo (2:3 pierce:magic damage output) or violet (magic damage aoe proc) rock on this wave as its nature-based. So purely on paper you should've been able to perform better.

If you did that properly, then there's little else you can do.

6. Daugbjerg

Daugbjerg Member

How often do u send mesenaries :) sorry my english

7. Kruger

Kruger Member

i assume this build is made with sending each wave in mind