1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just nerf wave 6 already...

Discussion in 'Balance Discussion' started by Prosock, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Prosock

Prosock Member

There is a reason that you have decided to write a guide on how to hold wave 6...

in the current meta it is just to strong, and the price for picking units that can hold the wave when you get 2x brute sent is to large in terms of having units for later waves.

The amplified damage is far to effective on the king. I just had a game, where we knew the jig was up, we all stayed on 3 workers, max built for it, income sent, and still got our king to 60%, as we leaked like 10-11 units across the board.

I mean, i dont know what you were thinking when you decided to make it an RNG wave to begin with, now its atleast not that RNG based, aside from 2x brute is the send of choice on this wave, but its still far to strong.

Make them not apply the debuff on the king, or you could also just go ahead and revert the -20% cost for mercs, as I pointed out in my other post, as it is what allows for these plays.

Im still mad, i hate seeing good games destroyed by shit like this.

2. GvR Mr Mister

GvR Mr Mister Member

For me, not a single game ended on w6. Its possible to hold 2x brute with 3 workers, so i dont see the problem. Btw there are very few games ending on 6 (even less than on 21):
    w6.png

Lisk likes this.
  3. Nacccho

Nacccho Member

Well, i agree there isn't a need to nerf the wave, at least drastically.

But reading the data like that it's just lazy.
    First of all, 6 isn't supposed to be a game ending wave, given that if people are saving for it, it will probably be the first time units reaches the king. And having almost as many/more games ending 6 then in 15 and 16, that are suposed to be stronger and also act as finishers, cause the oponents might already be hurt. It's really alarming.
    To arrive to a more accurate conclusion, one would need to look at the numbers of games where people are crippled by this early waves.
    I mean, i've had 1800 average games where people stayed on 3 workers and got 50% king damage.
    The game didn't end per se, but from that point on it was over.

4. Cornep

Cornep Moderator

Im curious, why is this?

I recall devs at some point of alpha saying that every wave after wave 4 has the potential to be lethal, why not 6?

Everyone i play with laughs how easy it is to hold wave 6, I personally have held double brute with double snail today with 4 workers and "bad" units for the wave.

You can hold the send you mention easily with 4 workers, so me giving Jules the idea of making a small guide to the patch notes I think was a nice idea :)

GvR Mr Mister likes this.
  5. Cappuccino

Cappuccino Member

That's actually remarkable more games end on 6 than 15.
    There is definitely something there devs need to address for overall playerbase and not the 1-10% of top players w/e 1800+ represents.

I doubt devs want 1300 etc elo games to end on 6 that frequently. Makes sense they posted tips on the patch notes.

I think the 4% stacking debuff should probably go down a bit, in high elo games everyone builds some protons or bone warriors to soak up some attacks to avoid debuff stacks on your main units, low elo players probably struggle to grasp that concept. Might be better for them with it being 2% stacking but higher dps so the wave in essence is same powerlevel but doesn't require t1 blocking.

Edit: Though not sure if u make every wave new player friendly it just becomes a stale game. Not sure where I side :p

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    Lisk likes this.
  6. Lisk

Lisk Director Staff Member

Agreed - if short-skipping on 6 is still a reliable pub-stomp strategy after some time, I'd be on board to make the stack 2% instead of 4% and buff DPS like you suggested.

7. Nacccho

Nacccho Member

Yes, yes. I've noticed you do like to give yourself a pat on the back from time to time. Congratulations.
    Bring the man a medal, he held 6 with 4 workers, 360 no scope. Very wow.

Potential for lethal? Yes. Having similar stats with wave 15 and 16? Too much.

8. Lyrcay

Lyrcay Member

just update guides, cheese 6 will not be a problem anymore.

Nacccho likes this.