1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Legion TD2 Guide: Income sending vs Saving

Discussion in 'Strategy Guides' started by Roshkatul, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Roshkatul

Roshkatul Member

Sadly, this video doesn't have too much in-game footage, as I couldn't really find anything which I could fit in there. It should still provide a lot of information on the subject which many new players, and even some experienced players might not have. Stay tuned for more guides.

2. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

Awesome video guide as always, Roshkatul. Curing said you have a "podcast voice," @deutscherhawk.

I do think it's possible for you and your ally to have different strategies. For example, when I play with Lisk, I do a mix of saving and sending, while Lisk usually sends every wave. We are both unpredictable, just in different ways. You don't know when I'm going to send, and you don't know what Lisk is going to send - sometimes he sends Snails and a Lizard, and the next wave he sends two Brutes. My strategy has more unpredictability than Lisk's, but they are both viable. Lisk usually gets more fed than me, but he doesn't pressure his opponent as much, which causes me to receive bigger sends. As long as I play around that by not over-pushing workers, our strategies can work together.

It's admittedly harder when you and your ally have different strategies, so I agree with the advice for 99% of players to try to play a similar strategy as your ally.

3. Roshkatul

Roshkatul Member

Yeah, of course. There are exceptions, and I even recommended one in the video (starving your opponent). When you know the person you are playing with, it s much easier to work around these sort of scenarios where someone income sends and someone else saves. But I ve seen plenty of players complain about their teammates income sending and feeding when they plan out to play a more save-heavy game. That basically, removes you out of the game most of the times. It s basically up to your teammate to carry the game, since there will be one starved player (yourself) and one fed player in each team. And when random queuing, very few people have confidence that their teammates can actually do that.
    And one thing which you might not keep in mind (a thing which I sometimes forgot when I was trying to write the script), is that I m referring to the whole game, not only the early game. Early on, if someone income sends and the other player saves, it can actually work out, and it s a viable strategy. But if that happens in mid to late game, I feel like the chance of winning is diminshed by quite a lot.

Tl;Dr:
    x1 incomer + x1 saver early on is a viable strategy if you know what you are doing
    x1 incomer + x1 saver in late game, is terrible.