1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LegionTD Pro future - invitation

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by von Oberstain, Oct 7, 2019.

1. von Oberstain

von Oberstain Member

Hi!

As you may or may not know, I participated in several arcs of original LegionTD War 1.50b.

The one I call my own - though my friends helped - is "LegionTD Pro" - clean and dedicated X1 successor.

Some quick features: 14 races, new game modes, near-perfect balance, huge speed optimizations.

I would be ready to give the open code to a person or a group interested in continuing this work (stopped in 2013th). There are perhaps rights I would like to keep, like 'dib on first two races' or balance (to which I care deeply) - but then again, maybe not.

First condition so far is ability to open damned thing in new or any editor - we used some more advanced stuff (well, one of us did), so WorldEdit refuses to open it; there also could be other reasons.

Anyway, feel free to apply, WC3 seems to actually have a future again. Perhaps it's a good time for me to retire as mapmaker - though I kinda did it already - and leave mod that brought a ton of fun on Garena to the new generation.

[This is actually a reason while we were left unknown on Bnet - best players used Garena, and bnet was ruled by hosting bots, and our bots weren't... the best, and one thing leads to another]

Feel free to contact me, here on forum, PM or I can give a Skype name.

Also, nothing will be done if Lisk disapproves it, except that anyone is free to play or host or have a bot on latest version. It works very well, don't mind 'alpha' here and there - map went under hundreds of iterations...

Sincerely,
    von Oberstain

GvR Mr Mister likes this.
  2. GvR Mr Mister

GvR Mr Mister Member

Whenevery i saw legion td pro hosted, i thought its just another scam version :p
    Do you know if there is still an active community about it? I only know ent and they dont host it

3. von Oberstain

von Oberstain Member

There are still people who know how to play it - though it's basically 1.6b with more races and features, so it's easy to get the ropes. I actually had an offer from [ENT] to host it, but it lacked something-something which I don't know what it is, and which our network programmer took out or changed. He is professional and works for some big company and had large plans on hosting - initially, we shouldn't even plan to use bots, but something he started to write previously and which should've be much better. That project wasn't finished...

If I am to do something with the map, I have to wait for main editor add-ons to be updated, vanilla worldedit never worked - we used other stuff like JNGP and I knew a lot of people then, such as guy who continue it's development and so on. Anyway, it may be complicated to open, but again, maybe not. As I now see x64 version of editor, I sure hope it uses more than one thread, because it was slow as hell with many units.

It isn't a scam, there are (lemme remember) dwarf, goblin, blood ork, twisted nature, hmmmm warped mech, chaos... still missing my lovely drows with white queen and abbyss and... death and vampires... sighs. Occassionally, I asked someone for non-dark themed race, so last thing i did was mirror-marine. But more than that I wanted to make a complex talking - the part i *did* with marine was hilarious, but then garena was out and...