1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mac Bug: Stuck on Main Menu

Discussion in 'Resolved Bugs' started by Elemona, Jul 23, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Elemona

Elemona Member

Hi guys,

I can't play the game anymore since a couple of days, but were able to play with the v2.32 patch before that. When starting it up via steam, it goes as far as the main menu and then the color wheel comes up and I have to kill the game because nothing works anymore. Sometimes even the friends list is vanished or I can click on "Play" if I am quick and then the wheel comes up.

I already tried to reinstall it. When trying to open any Log file, it says "error. File not found" :( Mac Version: 10.13

Would appreciate your help to play this game again :)

Lisk likes this.
  2. jitsuc4

jitsuc4 Moderator

I assume you're referring to the game logs you can also find via this Reporting bugs & finding your game logs? I remember someone talking about the logs on mac not being in the proper /dev/logs folder, but in the LTD2 folder or its parent folder, can't remember which one.

Also there should be a Legion TD 2_Data folder in your LTD2 game folder, containing an output_log.txt which may or may not contain something useful for further debugging or error finding (so running the game up until it crashes/freezes and after that check/upload the file).

Other than that, were there maybe any other changes to your system that might have an impact as well? Like any driver/OS updates perhaps.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    Lisk and Elemona like this.
  3. Elemona

Elemona Member

Thanks, there was no such file or folder but I was able to open logfiles with names "lobby" in it. I enclosed the newest one.

Attached Files:

Lisk likes this.
  4. Lisk

Lisk Director Staff Member

5. Elemona

Elemona Member

Hi Lisk,

I tried it and it did not work, unfortunately :(
    Something weird: I was able to play the game yesterday, but today it's bugged again...

6. Lisk

Dang :( that fixed it for other people.

That's really weird that it was working yesterday, but not today, because no patches have been released since last week. I am not sure where to look.

7. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

@Elemona I'm going to work with the Coherent team to resolve this. We may not be able to fix it for a few weeks, so I apologize for that, but we'll make sure it's prioritized. It's an important bug to fix. Please update us if it starts to work again!

8. YAWN

YAWN Member

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  9. Jules

Update for everyone: Coherent (our UI software) was able to reproduce the bug and should be able to fix it. We probably can't patch the fix until a few weeks when Lisk returns from his wedding, so I'm sorry about that. Rest assured that the issue will be fixed though!

If they tell me a workaround fix so that you can play until we patch the real fix, I'll let everyone know immediately.

10. Jules

@xper @YAWN @Elemona Can you guys try verifying integrity of game files? To do this, right-click Legion TD 2 in Steam > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity Of Game Files

Let me know if that helps. According to two players who use a Mac, verifying integrity of game files temporarily fixes the issue. We're still working with Coherent on a permanent fix, but this could be a temporary workaround in the meantime.

11. Xarku

Xarku Member

Oh wow I'm having this same bug. I made it work after reinstalling and restarting but it isn't working anymore. It freezes like 2 seconds after loading the main menu (I'm on mac also). Here you have some logs:

PS: @Elemona did you update to High Sierra recently? Cos I did

Attached Files:

12. Xarku

Xarku Member

It worked yesterday one time but didn't work anymore. Here you have a fresh log trying to start the client today:

Attached Files:

13. Xarku

Xarku Member

After testing it a lot, I can say that the client works like 10% of the times. Starting it and kililng it some times will end up with it working.

14. Elemona

Elemona Member

Hi all,

I agree with Xarku - but didn't update to High Sierra recently. It seems to work more reliably when I close everything else (Chrome, Mail, ...) and my flatmate closes his steam. Really weird.

15. Kollege

Kollege Member

Sadly doesn't work for me...by now I lost 600 points...;-(

16. Lisk

We should have a fix for next patch (v2.36) tomorrow or Friday after I update Coherent GT software to v1.17.0.1.

17. Jules

Mac issues should hopefully be fixed next patch, which should be released tomorrow. Please let us know if you're still experiencing them after v2.36 releases.

18. Lisk

19. Xarku

Xarku Member

This is pretty disappointing tbh... It's been already a month without being able to play the game.

20. Lisk

:( I understand - it's really disappointing for us, too.

Try with the v2.36a patch that went out this morning if you can.