Make it easier to understand which lane attacks which

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by jqob, Feb 13, 2018.

1. jqob

jqob Member

I don't have a suggestion to submit, but right now it's so hard for me (beginner) to understand which lane is attacking which. I now know that I can see which one I am attacking and which one is attacking me (by pressing tab - [D] and [A] on the enemy team), but it's not obvious and I still don't know exactly which lanes my teammates are attacking.

Also don't display the values of sent mercenaries by the enemy in the chat box. Implement a new text block independently for the mercenary values. I don't wanna scroll up in my chat every time I wanna see what my enemy sent 3 waves ago.

Jules likes this.
  2. GvR Mr Mister

GvR Mr Mister Member

If you are in team West your sends will always spawn to the mirrored lane (red->yel, blue->orange, teal->green, purp->pink)
    If you are in team East your sends will always spawn to the twisted lane (yel->blue, orange->red, green->purp, pink->teal)

But since you are not the first person asking for this, it should be displayed somewhere new players can better see it.

3. jqob

jqob Member

Ok this is actually very useful to know :D But yeah, it should be displayed somewhere, or at least when there will be a tutorial it should be explained.

4. Cappuccino

Cappuccino Member

This would actually be a great quality of life change. Make a toggle for a window similar the to attack types chart, inside that new window would have sends all tracked. So players can toggle that window when they want to see sends and it would have all of them without being spaced out by people talking.

5. Akitos

Akitos Member

Yeah, and then let all this myth automatically be counted together, and while we're at it, also write down how much income the enemy got from this <3 (Kappa)

Cappuccino likes this.
  6. jitsuc4

jitsuc4 Member

7. Kringe

Kringe Member

Why do people get so critical about wanting clear information? If we normally have access to it(NOT things like enemy layout during build phase, or what they are sending to us, their income, etc) then I don't see the problem with making it more easily accessible.

The skill cap in this game should be your decision making based on the information you have, not difficulty finding and maintaining that information in the first place. OP is essentially asking for a UI QOL improvement, this would only improve the game.

8. Akitos

Akitos Member

We know, duh.

9. Themryon

Themryon Member

It would actually help already big time if you instantly know your OWN lane. Suggestion for this: make the glow of the caves in the color of the lane

10. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

Great point. I agree that this information should be displayed more clearly. It's not intuitive for new players. Even I got confused my last game, and I'm ranked top 100 at the game and designed the damn system. That's how you know it's not good UI.

I talked with Curing, our new art director, and she has some ideas to improve this.

Scary and GvR Mr Mister like this.