1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mastermind Lords Tournament

Discussion in 'Tournaments & Leagues' started by Seraphin, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Seraphin

Seraphin Member

Hello everybody,

Devs team does not have time (and we all understand this for sure) to organize another tournament soon. Also, the last tournament we did was 2 months ago. That's why I propose to organize a new tournament. Find details about it below.

EDIT :
    So we have our King of Legions at the moment !

1st place : Gomez and Morticia Addames - Roshkatul and Adames
    2nd place : The Devs - Jules and Lisk
    3rd place : Akitos - Romawear and Kingdanzz

Dates
    24-25 November 2018.
    Start at 7pm CET (10am PDT) / End at 11pm CET (2pm PDT)

Description
    The last Kings of Legions are dead. All greatest lords rally their army, sign alliance and prepare to fight with one goal. Claim the crown ! Lords will fight without any mercy against their opposants. And to be sure to conquer the throne, in addition of their soldiers, they engage monsters who will help to destroy the ennemies army. They will take all the risk to gain this throne even if it means to get soldier from all lands........

Teams and Bracket
    Qualification
    • All teams with an average peak rating in season 2 of 1600+ automatically qualify. Rating needed is higher than the previous tournament since more people have reached 1600 elo since August.
    Sign-ups
    • Open on Tuesday, October 9. Cannot say at the moment which patch will be used for this. I will talk with Jules and will give you more information later about it.
    • Close on Monday, November 19 at 7pm CET (10 am PDT).
    Sign-up instructions
    • Since I cannot use the system used by Jules for the previous Tournament, I will use another way. I propose to go on the official discord, in the section "Tournament"=>"Tournament_checkin". Here, just write: "@Seraphïn#7777 Team name => Player 1 name / Player 2 name".
    Early sign-up
    • As Jules did for the previous tournament, your team's seed rating will be adjusted by +5 for each day (CET) you sign up before November 19. For example, if you sign up on October 31 (19 days before November 19), you will gain 19x5 = +85 seed rating. It is strictly advantageous to sign up early.
    Changing teammates
    • If you need to change teammates, sign up again with your new teammate and notify your former teammate. He or she must also signup again to participate.
    • If, for any reasons, you need to change your teammate after November 19, you can still change it but will loose all seed rating gained during your first registration.
    • You cannot change your teammate after November 23 at 7pm CET (10am PDT). I need to apply this constraint to be sure about the organization. Sorry for the unpleasantness
    Dropping from the tournament
    • If you wish to drop from the tournament, just write in the section "Tournament"=>"Tournament_checkin" : "@Seraphïn#7777 Team name dropped".
    • You can obviously drop when you want. However, if you drop after November 24 at 2pm CET (5am PDT), you won't be allowed to sign up for the next tournaments I will organize. I think it is not that hard to organize a bit and particularly because I organize it enough before the beginning of the tournament. Also, this will impact a lot the organization of the tournament in a negative way. Thank you for your understanding.
    Substitution rules
    • Substitutes should be rare and only if necessary (when one member of your team cannot participate in all games). Substitution rules are strict to prevent abuse.
    • Only one substitute is allowed per team.
    • You must declare your substitute during the sign-up process (before the tournament starts). Tag @Seraphïn#7777 in the section "Tournament"=>"Tournament_checkin".
    • Your team's seed will be determined by the ratings of the two lowest-rated players on your team. Your team will also be penalized 50 seed rating for declaring a substitute.
    • You can only swap in a substitute once, and they must play for the remainder of the tournament.
    Schedule

Saturday, 24 November

• 6:30pm CET (9:30am PDT): Check-in at #tournament_checkin
    • 7:00pm CET (10:00am PDT): Game 1
    • 7:50pm CET (10:50am PDT): Game 2
    • 8:30pm CET (11:30am PDT): Game 3
    • 9:10pm CET (12:10pm PDT): Game 4
    • 9:50pm CET (12:50pm PDT): Game 5
    • 10:30pm CET (1:30pm PDT): Game 6

Sunday, 25 November
    • 6:30pm CET (9:30am PDT): Check-in at #tournament_checkin
    • 7:00pm CET (10:00am PDT): 1/4 Finals
    • 7:40pm CET (10:40am PDT): 1/2 Finals
    • 8:20pm CET (11:20pm PDT): Third place Final
    • 9:00pm CET (12:00pm PDT): First place Final
    • End : about 11:00 CET (2pm PDT).
    Prizes
    Since it is not an official tournament, auto attack does not make any badge for players who participate to the tournament. However, I discussed with Jules for making my own badge and introduce it in the game. He agreed conerning the idea. So, if Jules is okay with the badge I will show him, the prizes should be:

1st : Special badge (different than all others)
    2nd : Special badge (different than all others)
    3rd : Special badge (different than all others)
    All others players : Special badge (different than all others) (not sure)

Here you have an example of the badge for the 1st team :
    GoldIcon.png SilverIcon.png BronzeIcon.png

Rules

Format

For Saturday :
    • Swiss
      • Ties broken by (1) wins vs. tied participants, then by (2) Median-Buchholz
    • 6 games.
    • I know some people won't agree with this rule and some of them will be sad, angry, frustrated about it. But I prefer a lot all players play the "same game" with the same chance. This is to promote competitiveness of the tournament and avoid a potential "broken" Legion. Each player has to play Mastermind as Legion.
    • 6 first teams at the end of Saturday will be qualified for the final phase.
    • Top 2 are directly qualified for the semi-final.
    • Game should be on patch 2.42 according to @Jules.
    For Sunday:
    • Playoff format
    • 1/4 Finals, 1/2 Finals and Third place Final are in BO1
    • Game should be on patch 2.42 according to @Jules.
    • Final is in BO3
    • Each player has to play Mastermind as Legion

Seeding
    • Teams will be seeded by their average peak rating in season 2 + the bonus for signing up early. Peak ratings will be automatically calculated at the end of sign-up. You only need to sign up once, and it is strictly advantageous to sign up early.
    Ready Up
    • Teams must announce in #tournament_checkin that they are ready within 5 minutes of each game's official start time. Failure to do so will result in an automatic forfeit. The only exception is if their previous game is going long.
    • If either player on your team fails to show for the game on time, this may result in a ban from participating in future tournaments.
    Lobby Creation, Player Positions, & Legion Bans
    1. The top team (the team that is on top in the bracket) creates the custom game lobby.
    2. The top team selects its preferred side (west or east).
    3. The bottom team selects its preferred player positions
    4. The top team selects its preferred player positions
    5. Once both teams confirm they are ready, the game can be started
    Reporting Results
    Game-impacting Bugs, Disconnects, & Remakes
    • In general, we will not be honoring remake requests. Legion TD 2 is an Early Access game, and there will inevitably be bugs. Remakes cause delays that compromise the entire tournament's schedule and also encourage players to cheat by disconnecting or reporting a bug if they are losing or have bad rolls.
    • You should not request a remake, unless it's an obviously critical bug, such as being unable to deploy fighters.
    • Pathing and targeting issues (especially mid and late game) generally will not be considered worthy of a remake.
    • You cannot ask the opposing team for permission to remake. That decision is made by the staff, not the opposing team.
    • To request a remake, you must:
    1. Record your games (here's a guide on how to do that).
    2. Notify the opposing team that you are requesting a remake immediately at the time of the game-impacting bug.
    3. Notify staff in #tournament_lobby that you are requesting a remake immediately at the time of the game-impacting bug.
    4. Share video footage of the game-impacting bug with staff.
    Staff will review the video and make a decision based on (1) the severity of the bug, (2) the state of the game, and (3) implications on the tournament's schedule. If it is determined that the bug critically impacted the team's ability to win by 40%+ (e.g. the team's chance of winning decreased from 60% -> 20%) and if remaking wouldn't disrupt the tournament's schedule, a remake may be granted.

Disputes

• Disputes and remake requests will be handled by Seraphïn
    One Account
    • You may only sign up with one account. If we determine that you've signed up with multiple accounts, you will be banned from all future tournaments.
    Casting
    On Saturday, Akitos will cast the tournament. He will choose game he wants to cast.
    Here you have Akito's channel :
    On Sunday, both Akitos and LForward will cast a quarter final and a semi final. And they will both cast finals.
    Here you have LForward's channel:

PS 1: I would love to get a banner for this tournament. However, I'm super bad by using photoshop or this kind of software. If someone could help me with it, I will be thanksfully.

PS 2: I propose this format. However, if I see a lot of people want something else, I will change it except 2 things. Saturday will be Swiss format and Sunday will be playoff format. That's my restriction. I want to test it also for AutoAttack staff (@Jules, let's hope it can be helpful for you next official tournament ^^).

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
    ViccieLeaks, Darktarant, Lisk and 7 others like this.
  2. Franklyyn

Franklyyn Member

Im keen, would it be possible to have it on friday and saturday instead? I will be unable to play on the sunday 11pm CET because it will be 5am on monday here will make it difficult to attend work.

3. Marchombre

Marchombre Member

I think making it on Friday would make it harder for more people to play.

6h30 pm ,some might still work in central Europe, plus it would be the beginning of the day in US.

Sadly, it will be hard to get everyone on board.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    Seraphin likes this.
  4. Seraphin

Seraphin Member

I'm sorry that it will be impossible to play for you on Sunday. However, as Marchomber said, I try to organize the tournament when most people are available. At the moment, most players are in Europe or in America (USA, Canada, South America). So sorry about it but I won't change days.

5. Lisk

Lisk Director Staff Member

Sounds fun, I want to play :D

6. Seraphin

Seraphin Member

Then you have to :
    - Find a mate (not Jules, I mean a real mate :p haha)
    - Find a team name
    It will be a pleasure to see you in the tournament ! :D

Wait...You can play mastermind ? :p :p

7. Darktarant

Darktarant Member

should be "top 8 teams" not "6 first teams" i assume.

I realy like that you are organizing a turnament!

lets see if i can find time and a mate to play there.

I am not to sure if the rating restrictions are needed this will mostly cause less signups and make it had to fill the turnament also this encurages elo-boosting.

I think playing 7games in a row is a bit to much for most players (including me) eventhough i would still participate if i can somehow manage to do so. I would vote for 5 games 6 might still work. But less games also mean that its easier for players to participate.

other than that you did a very good job looking forward to see this turnament happening.

8. Seraphin

Seraphin Member

Na it's 6 teams. 4 are qualified for quaterfinal and 2 others are directly qualified for semi final.

I hope this tournament will attract enough teams with more than 1600+ peak ratings as team. If we don't have enough team, I will maybe decrease the peak ratings needed. But remember that for the previous tournament it was 1500+.
    Also, Elo boost is not necessary since it means one player is high elo.
    Just to be sure that people understand, if a 1900 peak rating player plays with a 1300 peak ratings player, this team will be authorized to participate to the tournament. So elo boosting is not necessary.
    Finally, I hope this tournament will attract best players of Legion TD 2. And best are more than 1600 peak ratings (about 350-400 best players of the game).

I'm okay also with 5 games if people prefer it. I chose 7 games since it give people the possibility 1) Play enough games during the tournament 2) limit the luck about your meeting. For example, if you played agaist the top 1, top 3 and top 6, you could say you were unlucky if you have only 5 games. On 7, you won't have this unluck. But as I said, if people prefer 5 games, I can change for it. Thank you for giving your opinion :)

Thanks for your encouragement :)

9. Darktarant

Darktarant Member

okay thanks for making it clear!

10. Franklyyn

Franklyyn Member

Makes sense, i had a feeling this would be the case(just thought i would post on behalf of all +4 to +9 time zones). I have already booked the monday of! =)

Seraphin likes this.
  11. Darktarant

Darktarant Member

with a swiss system you wont play against top1 top3 and top 6 unless you are winning against some of them wich makes you count to the better teams anyways also you are just allowing the "best" players to play anyway so i think 5 games would already be enough to not be "unlucky".

12. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

I plan on participating! One suggestion is to consider 6 games instead of 7. I'm personally okay with 7, but it might be too many games for most people.

Great work setting this up, Seraphon!

Seraphin likes this.
  13. Seraphin

Seraphin Member

I will change in 6 games I think. I don't like 5 since I think some people could be frustrated (particularly for people who has same number of victory but are still 7 or 8. But I can also understand most people feel 7 games is just too long. Let's go for 6 games then.

I take this opportunity to say, at the moment, 4 teams are registrated. The tournament will be probably casted. I wait a definitive answer from Caster(s). I will give you more information as soon as possible.

I'm still thinking about a prize. I will try to find something cool/fun but cannot promise anything.

I still would love a banner for the tournament ^^ I call the the help of a generous person :D

14. Crazy

Crazy Member

@Curing create the banner under which your coworkers will fail :? <3

15. Seraphin

Seraphin Member

Only 1 month left to register to the tournament. At the moment, 9 teams are registered. Thanks Jules and Lisk for participating to the tournament.
    I'm still in discussion with some people for casting the tournament. Should have more information in some weeks.

Hope to see more teams ! :D

16. Bighehe

Bighehe Member

why can you actually ban legions if you are not allowed to play a legion besides mastermind

apart from that great job
    if I find the time + teammate I will sign up as well

Seraphin likes this.
  17. Seraphin

Seraphin Member

Thank you for noticed it. I corrected it!
    Hope you will be able to sign up :)

18. Franklyyn

Franklyyn Member

Looking for a team mate, 1740 peak.

Seraphin likes this.
  19. Seraphin

Seraphin Member

I think you should create a new thread in the tournament section ;) Also, I would suggest you to develop a bit your description like : what's your current elo, what's your goal for the tournament, what language do you speak, do you wanna train with your mate before the tournament etc... The more you give information, the more people could be interesting I think :)

20. Franklyyn

Franklyyn Member

haha
    your right..
    i will do that (wanted to keep this thread alive and on top).