1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mastermind Lords Tournament

Discussion in 'Tournaments & Leagues' started by Seraphin, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Seraphin

Seraphin Member

New information !

First of all, after talking with @Jules, the tournament should be played on the patch v2.42. I don't know if we will have new unit. I hope if we have a new unit it will be for the patch 2.41 in order to get a stable version for the tournament. :)

Also, since Auto attack does not have enough time to make some badge for the tournament, I decided to make it with an IRL friend. However, Jules will need to accept the badge/design (at the moment, he just agrees that I work on the badge).
    My current idea is to have a badge for every player participated to the tournament and a special badge for the first, second and third team of the tournament.
    I don't know when I will be able to give our work to Jules. I will give you more information about it in the futur.

2. Seraphin

Seraphin Member

Hello everybody !

I just want to give you some information before the signs up ending :
    • I cannot still confirm if you will win a badge or not at the end of tournament. Badges are not yet finished so Jules cannot confirm it at the moment (even if I show him a model). I hope I will be able to give more information about it before the tournament is starting.
    • Concerning cast, I still don't have any confirmation. I hope I will have some information to give at the end of next week about it.
    • At the moment, there are 17 teams registered for the tournament. The average peak rating (player not team) is 2003 and median peak rating is 1903. So, the competition will be tough !!
    • You have, now, only 2 weeks to register to the tournament. Remember that you won't be able anymore to sign up after 19th November. No late will be accepted!
    I'm looking forward to see all those Lords fighting for the crown ! :D :D

See you soon!

3. Crazy

Crazy Member

Tbh only a King (Danzz) needs a crown, as a god you dont need one :p

4. Bonny

Bonny Member

You Must Be Crazy

Crazy likes this.
  5. Seraphin

Seraphin Member

Hello everybody !

I have new information for you! But first, I want to remind you that you have only 1 week left to sign up for the tournament ! At the moment, there are 17 teams who are registered for the tournament with a peak elo average of 2003 and a peak elo median of 1907.

I discussed a lot with Devs and they have allowed me to offer a badge for the participation (at the moment for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd team). I hope to be able to offer a badge for everybody. Those badge are not official badge. I leave @Jules , @Lisk announce what it will be exactly.
    Below, you have the first badge (Badges have been made by a friend whose pseudo is "bubblecolorink") :
    [​IMG]

Another thing, the tournament will be cast on Sunday by LForward. Thanks to him to help me to promote the tournament! I trust him to make a very interesting cast. @Akitos, I would still like you cast also on Sunday if you are available please. Like this, we could cast all games on the sunday. Thank you in advance for giving me an answer.

Thank you everybody and AutoAttack for supporting the tournament :)

jitsuc4 likes this.
  6. Crazy

Crazy Member

First of all: great job Seraphon!

Second: If we dont make it to day 2 (Daddy please I wanna go there still) I can totally take on casting some of the matches (if Akitos doesnt want and LF is fine with that)
    Third: I could potentially stream our games on the first day (If you want that to be a thing / if that is fine with my GodCarry DaddyDucky)

7. Seraphin

Seraphin Member

Thank you. But I will accept the compliment when the tournament will be done and if it is a success ;)

That would be great ! Even if Akitos cast it, feel free to ask LF or Akitos if they want to cast with someone else the second day.

That would be really nice but I cannot accept. Indeed, it means it will be possible to cheat by watching your stream during playing against you. So, I cannot accept it except if you can tell me that you can bring of 1min, at least, on your stream. I hope you understand my position.

@LForward , could you give me your twitch channel (the direct link would be perfect please) ?
    @Crazy @Akitos same for you if you cast/stream the contest.

8. Akitos

Akitos Member

Doesn't make any difference if he's streaming his games personally or if they're casted, aslong as both are streamed with 15min delay (max delay).

9. Seraphin

Seraphin Member

Ha yeah you're right. Since you will cast on Saturday, I would prefer there is no stream about the tournament @Crazy if you don't mind.
    I hope you will understand :)

Thank you Akitos for casting on Saturday AND Sundat :)

10. Crazy

Crazy Member

totally was planning on playing with dealy, I dont wanna lose intentionally

11. Crazy

Crazy Member

Yeah dude whatever you like. Was just an idea if Aki couldnt cast. Guess that is settled for now. Looking forward for it (in before Aki wants to interview us again LUL)

12. Seraphin

Seraphin Member

Yeah really thank you! I appreciate your help ! I really hope all will be okay and it will be a fun tournament. I also hope that some others teams will sign up :p

13. Seraphin

Seraphin Member

Hello everybody !

Sorry, I wanted to give you new information on monday but I was a bit busy this week.

So, as you know registration are now closed since monday. 16 teams will participate to the tournament with an elo peak rating average of 2065 and an elo peak rating median of 1999. The skill will be definitively present in the tournament !! Also, for the first time, you will be able to see Devs (Jules and Lisk) play together against others players. Also, I think this is interesting to say that 13 countries are represented (Germany, United-States, United-Kingdom, Austria, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Romania, Netherlands, Spain and France).

Remember the tournament will be casted ! You can find twitch link on the first post of this thread. I invite participants to look at the list of teams, which has been updated with new peak ratings, in order to change their team name if they want. They won't be able to change their team name after Saturday 2pm CET (link is on the first post of this thread).
    Finally, you can also have a temporary list of games for the first round. You can observe your opponent for tomorrow !! Link is also in the first post of this thread.

Thank you everybody who participate to the tournament. I cannot wait to see you play !! Let's fight for the badges and crown ! :D

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  14. ViccieLeaks

ViccieLeaks Member

Hey!

Unfortunately NimeaLeaks has to pull out on short notice as Nimea could not play

Sorry for the inconvenience

Seraphin likes this.
  15. Seraphin

Seraphin Member

The first day of the tournament ends ! Thanks all players who participates to the tournament. I hope you had a lot of funs !

Congratulations for teams who are qualified for Day 2 :
    - "Akitos" composed of "Romawear" and "Kingdanzz"
    - "Gomez and Morticia Addames" composed of "Roshkatul" and "Adames"
    - "Give it to me Daddy" composed of "Crazy" and "DaddyDucky"
    - "as u wish" composed of "Egekaer" and "Bonny"
    - "The Devs" composed of "Jules" and "Lisk"
    - "Lappen" composed of "Naaid" and "Schiggy27"

Particularly, congrats to "Akitos" team and "The Devs" team who are directly qualified for semi finals since they finished 1st and 2nd at the end of Day 1.

Here you have the bracket for tomorrow : Bracket Day 2
    You can find also this link on the first post.

As I said, the Day 2 will be casted by "LForward" and "Akitos". They will cast both quater finals and semi finals on their own Twitch channel. Then, they will cast together 3rd-place final and final ! Thanks to them!

Remember, the Day 2 will begin at 7pm CET and should finish about 11:30pm CET.

Tomorrow, we will know which team is the King of Legions ! :D

16. Mick

Mick Member

Really nice tournament @Seraphon :D

But shouldn't that be King of Mastermind? :p

17. Seraphin

Seraphin Member

Actually I don't think so. For me, Mastermind is the fact you control all Legions in the spirit of the game. That's why, you are King of Legions rather than King of Mastermind. I just tried to give some story line for the tournament. That's just a beginning. I will try to give a better story line for the next tournament I organize!

Thank you. That's cool if you appreciate it :)

Mick likes this.
  18. Seraphin

Seraphin Member

The tournament has ended ! Thank you to the participants ! I hope you had a fun to play this tournament.

I would like also to thanks @Jules and @Lisk for supporting and playing this tournament. It was a real pleasure to see you playing !

Also, a special thanks to @Akitos and @LForward for casting the tournament ! You did a great job, particularly with your mic Akitos. I think you will hear about that for a long time haha. But really thank you ! I hope you will be available to cast the next tournament !

Special congrats to those teams :
    1st place : Gomez and Morticia Addames - Roshkatul and Adames
    2nd place : The Devs
    - Jules and Lisk
    3rd place : Akitos
    - Romawear and Kingdanzz

I know there were some frustrations during the tournament but I promise that I will do better for the next tournament I organize !

See you all. Have a nice end year !

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
    Lisk and ViccieLeaks like this.
  19. Roshkatul

Roshkatul Member

He will hear about that for a long time, but I don't think he will be able to say anything about it for at least 15 minutes, Kappa.

Bonny and ViccieLeaks like this.
  20. Lisk

Lisk Director Staff Member

Hats off to Seraphon for hosting an awesome tournament. It was a lot of fun for me and Jules to be able to play :D Can't wait till the next tournament.

Bonny, Seraphin and Jules like this.