Welcome to the first official Legion TD 2 tournament: the Masters Cup. Countdown to tournament start Teams & Bracket Team list Tournament bracket Participants The top 16 teams that sign up, ranked by average peak rating in season 2 In the future, we'd love to have tournaments that anyone can participate in, but organizing them manually is almost impossible logistically. We need to build automation tools to be able to accommodate hundreds or thousands of participants. If you're unable to participate in this tournament, we encourage you to tune in on Twitch. Sign-ups Open on Friday, June 15 when patch v2.26 goes live Early sign-up closes on Monday, June 18 at 3pm PST (11:59pm CEST) Close on Thursday, June 21 at 3pm PST (11:59pm CEST) To sign up, you must: Have a team with an average peak rating in season 2 of 1600+. Note that this does not guarantee you a spot. The 16 spots will go to the 16 teams with the highest average peak rating in season 2, but we encourage all teams rated 1600+ to sign up. Type /join <team name> (e.g. /join Snail Kings) in Global Chat to join a private lobby Have your teammate type /join <team name> in Global Chat to join your private lobby Have the team captain type /signup while in the private lobby Details: You cannot sign up by yourself. You must have a teammate. Feel free to use #tournament_lobby or ask someone in one of your games to find a teammate. If you need to change teammates, sign up again with your new teammate. Please notify your former teammate if you change teammates. They must also signup again if they want to participate. If you wish to drop from the tournament, please tag @Jules in #tournament_lobby. Update: If your team is already signed up, you don't have to worry about signing up again. I will manually update everyone's peak rating. Early sign-up: Any team that signs up before Monday, June 18 at 3pm PST (June 19 at 12am CEST) will be adjusted +50 seed rating. This affects both qualification and seed. Only the top 16 seeded teams will be selected, and being higher seed is better, so this is advantageous. This is to encourage players to sign up early. Schedule Saturday, June 23 10am PST (7pm CEST): Check-in at #tournament_lobby 10:10 am PST (7:10 pm CEST): Winner's bracket 1 10:50am PST (7:50pm CEST): Winner's bracket 2 and Loser's bracket 1 11:30am PST (8:30pm CEST): Loser's bracket 2 12:10pm PST (9:10pm CEST): Winner's quarterfinals and Loser's bracket 3 Sunday, June 24 10am PST (7pm CEST): Check-in at #tournament_lobby 10:10 am PST (7:10 pm CEST): Loser's quarterfinals 10:50am PST (7:50pm CEST): Winner's semifinals and Loser's semifinals 11:30am PST (8:30pm CEST): Loser's finals 12:10pm PST (9:10pm CEST): Grandfinals 12:50pm PST (9:50pm CEST): Grandfinals game 2, if necessary Prizes Exclusive in-game badges for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place Exclusive in-game badge for participating Rules Format Best-of-one Double-elimination No restrictions on legions/Mastermind Seeding Teams will be seeded by their average peak rating in season 2 at the time of sign-up. Ratings are recalculated if you sign up again. Ready Up Teams must announce in #tournament_lobby that they are ready within 5 minutes of each game's official start time. Failure to do so will result in an automatic forfeit. The only exception is if their previous game is going long. If either player on your team fails to show for the game on time, this may result in a ban from participating in future tournaments. Lobby Creation & Player Positions The higher seed (the smaller number) team creates the custom game lobby. The higher seed selects its preferred side (west or east). The lower seed selects its preferred player positions The higher seed selects its preferred player positions The only exception to this is in the second grandfinal game, in which the lower seed is treated as the higher seed. Reporting Results The winning team must screenshot and report the game results to #tournament_results Game-impacting Bugs, Disconnects, & Remakes In general, we will not be honoring remake requests. Legion TD 2 is an Early Access game, and there will inevitably be bugs. Remakes cause delays that compromise the entire tournament's schedule and also encourage players to cheat by disconnecting or reporting a bug if they are losing or have bad rolls. You should not request a remake, unless it's an obviously critical bug, such as being unable to deploy fighters. Pathing and targeting issues (especially mid and late game) generally will not be considered worthy of a remake. You cannot ask the opposing team for permission to remake. That decision is made by the staff, not the opposing team. To request a remake, you must: Record your games (here's a guide on how to do that). Notify the opposing team that you are requesting a remake immediately at the time of the game-impacting bug. Notify staff in #tournament_lobby that you are requesting a remake immediately at the time of the game-impacting bug. Share video footage of the game-impacting bug with staff. Staff will review the video and make a decision based on (1) the severity of the bug, (2) the state of the game, and (3) implications on the tournament's schedule. If it is determined that the bug critically impacted the team's ability to win by 40%+ (e.g. the team's chance of winning decreased from 60% -> 20%) and if remaking wouldn't disrupt the tournament's schedule, a remake may be granted. Disputes Disputes and remake requests will be handled by LForward, and only if needed, by Jules. One Account You may only sign up with one account. If we determine that you've signed up with multiple accounts, you will be banned from all future tournaments. Casting Select games will be streamed casted by LForward and SiK Myth on Twitch (stream links will be announced later). Casters or staff will notify you in advance if we plan to cast your game.