1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Masters Cup II with $ Prize Pool

Discussion in 'Tournaments & Leagues' started by Jules, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

2018_0711_masterscup2.jpg

Countdown to tournament start

Contribute to the prize pool for free by entering coupon code ltd2 or clicking event sponsor links. AutoAttack Games will 1:1 match all contributions, up to $200. In other words, if the community contributes $150, we'll add another $150.

Teams and Bracket
    Qualification
    • All teams with an average peak rating in season 2 of 1500+ automatically qualify
    Sign-ups
    • Open on Friday, July 13 when patch v2.31 goes live
    • Close on Monday, August 6 at 2pm PST (11pm CEST)
    • Sign-up is free, but we suggest a $5 contribution to our tournament prize pool if you're participating. This is a non-elimination tournament. Every team is guaranteed to play 10 games, minus byes.
    Sign-up instructions
    1. Have you and your teammate type /join <team name> (e.g. /join Snail Kings) in Global Chat to join a private lobby.
    2. Have one player type /signup while in the private lobby
    Early sign-up
    • To encourage signing up early, your team's seed rating will be adjusted by +5 for each day (PST) you sign up before August 6. For example, if you sign up on July 13 (24 days before August 6), you will gain 24x5 = +120 seed rating. It is strictly advantageous to sign up early.
    Changing teammates
    • If you need to change teammates, sign up again with your new teammate and notify your former teammate. He or she must also signup again to participate.
    Dropping from the tournament
    Substitution rules
    • Substitutes should be rare and only if necessary (when one member of your team cannot participate in all games). Substitution rules are strict to prevent abuse.
    • Only one substitute is allowed per team.
    • You must declare your substitute during the sign-up process (before the tournament starts). Tag @Jules in #tournament_lobby.
    • Your team's seed will be determined by the ratings of the two lowest-rated players on your team. Your team will also be penalized 50 seed rating for declaring a substitute.
    • You can only swap in a substitute once, and they must play for the remainder of the tournament.
    Schedule

Saturday, August 11

• 9:40am PST (6:40pm CEST): Check-in at #tournament_checkin
    • 9:50am PST (6:50pm CEST): Game 1
    • 10:30am PST (7:30pm CEST): Game 2
    • 11:10am PST (8:10pm CEST): Game 3
    • 11:50am PST (8:50am CEST): Game 4
    • 12:30pm PST (9:30pm CEST): Game 5
    Sunday, August 12
    • 9:40am PST (6:40pm CEST): Check-in at #tournament_checkin
    • 9:50am PST (6:50pm CEST): Game 6
    • 10:30am PST (7:30pm CEST): Game 7
    • 11:10am PST (8:10pm CEST): Game 8
    • 11:50am PST (8:50am CEST): Game 9
    • 12:30pm PST (9:30pm CEST): Game 10
    • 1:10pm PST (10:10pm CEST): Winner vs. Devs showmatch
    Prizes

1st Place
    • 50% of the prize pool
    • Exclusive in-game badge
    2nd Place
    • 30% of the prize pool
    3rd Place
    • 20% of the prize pool
    Participation
    • Exclusive in-game badge for participating in all 10 games
    masterscup2_preview.jpg

Prize Pool

We are using Matcherino for the tournament's prize pool. All contributions go directly to the prize pool, minus PayPal fees and Matcherino's 1% cut.

Ways to contribute:
    • Enter coupon code ltd2 to contribute $0.50 for free
    • Click event sponsor links to contribute for free
    • Purchase gaming gear to have a % go directly to the prize pool
    • Donate. Sign-up is free, but we suggest a $5 contribution if you're participating. This is a non-elimination tournament. Every team is guaranteed to play 10 games, minus byes.
    AutoAttack Games is starting the prize pool with a $50 contribution, and we will 1:1 match all contributions, up to $200. In other words, if the community contributes $150 (through any of the ways above), we'll add another $150.

Rules

Format

• Swiss
      • Ties broken by (1) wins vs. tied participants, then by (2) Median-Buchholz
    • 10 games
    • Each team may ban 1 legion that the other team cannot play
      • Mastermind cannot be banned
      • You may choose to ban nothing
      • Atlantean is auto-banned for this tournament
    Seeding
    • Teams will be seeded by their average peak rating in season 2 + the bonus for signing up early. Peak ratings will be automatically calculated at the end of sign-up. You only need to sign up once, and it is strictly advantageous to sign up early.
    Ready Up
    • Teams must announce in #tournament_checkin that they are ready within 5 minutes of each game's official start time. Failure to do so will result in an automatic forfeit. The only exception is if their previous game is going long.
    • If either player on your team fails to show for the game on time, this may result in a ban from participating in future tournaments.
    Lobby Creation, Player Positions, & Legion Bans
    1. The top team (the team that is on top in the bracket) creates the custom game lobby.
    2. The top team selects its preferred side (west or east).
    3. The bottom team selects its preferred player positions
    4. The top team selects its preferred player positions
    5. The bottom team announces its legion ban in chat
    6. The top team announces its legion ban in chat
    7. Once both teams confirm they are ready, the game can be started
    Reporting Results
    Game-impacting Bugs, Disconnects, & Remakes
    • In general, we will not be honoring remake requests. Legion TD 2 is an Early Access game, and there will inevitably be bugs. Remakes cause delays that compromise the entire tournament's schedule and also encourage players to cheat by disconnecting or reporting a bug if they are losing or have bad rolls.
    • You should not request a remake, unless it's an obviously critical bug, such as being unable to deploy fighters.
    • Pathing and targeting issues (especially mid and late game) generally will not be considered worthy of a remake.
    • You cannot ask the opposing team for permission to remake. That decision is made by the staff, not the opposing team.
    • To request a remake, you must:
    1. Record your games (here's a guide on how to do that).
    2. Notify the opposing team that you are requesting a remake immediately at the time of the game-impacting bug.
    3. Notify staff in #tournament_lobby that you are requesting a remake immediately at the time of the game-impacting bug.
    4. Share video footage of the game-impacting bug with staff.
    Staff will review the video and make a decision based on (1) the severity of the bug, (2) the state of the game, and (3) implications on the tournament's schedule. If it is determined that the bug critically impacted the team's ability to win by 40%+ (e.g. the team's chance of winning decreased from 60% -> 20%) and if remaking wouldn't disrupt the tournament's schedule, a remake may be granted.

Disputes

• Disputes and remake requests will be handled by Jules
    One Account
    • You may only sign up with one account. If we determine that you've signed up with multiple accounts, you will be banned from all future tournaments.
    Casting

Select games will be streamed and casted by LForward and Akitos on Twitch (stream links will be announced later). Casters or staff will notify you in advance if we plan to cast your game.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    GvR Mr Mister, KaC, Akitos and 8 others like this.
  2. Easytrop

Easytrop Member

3. Saber

Saber Member

4. reflektor

reflektor Member

LF team mate I guess

5. Akitos

Akitos Member

I can't believe there is going to be a price pool and I decided to cast instead of play NotLikeThis

Calling it now: we'll be seeing a 1k+ price pool.

Lisk, Curing and reflektor like this.
  6. ithion

ithion Member

RIP I started to play again to actually be good but this time i'm not even at home when it's beeing played. FUCK ME.

7. jitsuc4

jitsuc4 Moderator

I'm not sure I get this right, can you clarify maybe?
    I guess the ban only affects the other team respectively?

Team A bans Grove -> B can't pick Grove, but A can?

Or does this mean there's possibly two legions not playable in a matchup?

magichorse and KaC like this.
  8. Jules

I recommend mentioning that you have a peak rating of 1913 - it will help attract teammates!
    Good point. I edited the language to reflect that your ban only affects the other team.

magichorse likes this.
  9. Seraphin

Seraphin Member

Well, I stopped LTD2 2 months ago. I guess with this tournament, I will come back ^^.

If you want, I am interesting to find a mate. I will come back on the game to train and recover my skill. If you want some details about me, just send me a private message on the forum please ;)

Jules likes this.
  10. Robert Mends

Robert Mends Member

All teams with an average peak rating in season 2 of 1500+ automatically qualify" Doesn't work.

[​IMG]

11. Jules

Will work as soon as the v2.31 patch deploys today. It’s currently set to the old restriction from Masters Cup I (1600+).

12. Spanaikos

Spanaikos Member

All teams with an average peak rating in season 2 of 1500+ automatically qualify

Can you also participate if you have a rating below 1500?

13. Jules

Yes! Your team must have an average peak rating of 1500+. An individual player can have a rating below 1500.

14. Infinity

Infinity Member

Can Mastermind also be banned? I refuse playing fixed races :p

15. jitsuc4

jitsuc4 Moderator

:rolleyes:

16. Infinity

Infinity Member

Ok, sorry didn't see that :D

17. deutscherhawk

deutscherhawk Moderator

@Jules since MM now has a built in mulligan even in ranked games, will there still be one free reroll for this tournament, or will the mulligan mechanic fill in for that?

jitsuc4 likes this.
  18. Jules

Good question. The free reroll is replaced by the standard mulligan mechanic. I think it's best if tournament games play the same as regular games. If tournament players still think we need less variance, we can consider keeping it, but I think it's worth trying without the free reroll.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    Seraphin and deutscherhawk like this.
  19. Infinity

Infinity Member

If I understand this correctly you mean that the tournament would lose the +1 income and thus 1 free reroll buff from MM? I know it would be a small change but coming from Dota2 I can say I do have quite a bit of experience with competitive gaming and imo you should always stay consistent with patches, meaning that ranked matchmaking should always feature the same patch that's being played in tournaments.

20. Jules

To clarify, here is what happened:
    1. We announced the tournament last week and promised Mastermind players 1 free tournament reroll
    2. We released a patch yesterday that gave 2 mulligans (rerolls) to all players
    3. We are removing the free tournament reroll because of the addition of the 2 mulligans
    The only thing different about the tournament and normal, matchmade games is that each team will get 1 legion ban in the tournament.