1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mech, Grove & Forsaken Guides

Discussion in 'Strategy Guides' started by Weilbockt, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Weilbockt

Weilbockt Member

Hi guys,

Isotrop & I are currently the #1 and #3 players overall. We're keen on helping fellow LDT2 players out by providing all sorts of content related to the game.

We just recently uploaded our first guides onto our newly created Youtube channel (link down below). Feel free to check them out. Any kind of feedback is highly appreciated and Questions of any decent kind will be answered as soon as humanly possible :)

Cheers <3

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj6ovB51rwrcgQa_WV6NBKQ/videos?view_as=subscriber

Themryon and GvR Mr Mister like this.
  2. Demikun

Demikun Member

to be honest, i would prefer a written guide, it's way easier to discuss as on youtube. Also yt is kinda hard to follow due to not native english.

If u got the time and motivation, how about adding a written guide here +maybe a few screenshots, incase that the positioning is important.

3. TimmtieTurnup

TimmtieTurnup Member

So here's the written version of the Grove Build. For workers just push them if you have enough gold and you are still able to build the units hich are needed to hold the upcoming wave.

Wave 1:
    You start with an Antler on the second possible square on the left side. As soon as you hit 100 Gold push for your second worker.

Wave 2:
    You build a Buzz with one square distance behind your Antler.

Wave 3:
    You wanna place a Whileshroom between your Antler and your Buzz for the Magic Wave. During this wave you should go for your third worker.

Wave 4:
    If you expect no bigger send like a Brute or Turtle you just go a Buzz 1 diagonal square down from your first Buzz. If you do expect a bigger send on this wave you upgrade your second Buzz directly into a Consort.

Wave 5:
    For this wave you add another Buzz one diagonal square down and upgrade your second one into a Consort if you didn't do that already. If you expect a huge send on this wave, just add another Whileshroom one diagonal square down to your first one.

Wave 6:
    Add one more Whileshroom one diagonal square down for this wave.

Wave 7:
    Add another Whileshroom here. If you are able to get leaks from your teammates or bring the enemies to leak their waves you can go a worker between wave 6 and 7.

Wave 8:
    You upgrade your third Buzz into a Consort and also add another one Buzz one diagonal square down. If you expect a huge send just upgrade your Buzzes to Consort. No send coming -> just push another worker like always.

Wave 9:
    Add 2 more Consort for this wave. Here you should be around 5-6 workers depending on how the game is going this can differ.

Wave 10:
    Here you should have 6 Consorts to hold this wave. If the enemies are saving for this wave just add more Consorts and Buzzes to ensure you don`t leak.

Wave 11:
    Add a second Antler one diagonal square down from your first one.

Wave 12:
    If you are on ~6 Consorts add another Anter on this wave. If you went for more Consorts to hold 10 you can hold this wave without a second Antler.

Wave 13:
    Upgrade your Whileshroom this wave.

Wave 14:
    Add more Whileshrooms and upgrade them. Also add Buzzes and Consorts.

Wave 15:
    Here you should have 3 Antlers, 5 Canopies, more Whileshrooms, 7+ Consorts and just a bunch of Buzzes (in the video he placed around 14 of them.) Place all the Buzzes on the right side of the field so the boss and his minions focus them firts to maximize the damage against the boss. You might leak the small minions but the king normally kills them instantly.

Wave 16 - 18:
    Add Banana Bunks in the middle of your lane. So between your DPS left side and your "tanky" right side.

Wave 19:
    You might add Flowers here to be able to hold this wave but normally games dont go this long. So try to finish before this wave hits your game.

Tried my best. I hopfe this helps you guys :)

genrmx, Spike, Norl_ and 1 other person like this.
  4. aphex_acid_303

aphex_acid_303 Member

Do you send every wave with that grove build?

5. Weilbockt

Weilbockt Member

You should always send for income, unless you can make your opponent leak with a certain amount of skips. Keep in mind, however, that skipping waves will result in less accessible gold and might therefore lead to less workers and/or a messed up build.

6. Weilbockt

Weilbockt Member

Very good summary! Thank you so much for putting in the effort!

TimmtieTurnup likes this.
  7. da_matty

da_matty Member

i've also thought that a written guide may would be better to discuss. i've just now wrote what iso said in his forsaken guide and you can read it here:

I hope you are understanding the counting schema, i've just took it from iso.So be sure...when counting, the starting point counts as 1!

Wave 1: You will start with a Nightmare. Instantly you will get 100 gold, push a worker
    Positioning: You will start to count from the upper left corner. Go down 5 squares and 4 to the right (startingpoint is counting 1)

Wave 2: You will build a bonewarrior
    Positioning: This Bonewarrior will be build 3 squares to the right and then count 2.5! (starting square counts as 1) So that in the vertical
    line there is just half a square between the Nightmare and the Bonewarrior

Wave 3: Upgrade the Bonewarrior to a Darkmage and maybe a Gargoyle (or even 2 and leave Bonewarrior)
    If you are getting a snail, you can get a darkmage and a Gargoyle (if you send properly)
    If the enemy saves 2 waves and you are missing 1 gold for Darkmage + Gargoyle, just add 2 gargoyles isntead a Darkmage and Gargolye
    1 Nightmare + Bonewarrior + 2 Gargoyles should hold wave 3

Positioning: 1st Gargoyle directly in front of Darkmage and other Gargoyles diagonally infront of it

Wave 4: (Normal Setup Nightmare + Darkmage + Gargoyle ) holds Wave 4 also

Wave 5: Add a Butcher. If you were forced in the 2 Gargolye build, you have not enough Gold for the Butcher. Add a 3rd Gargoyle and a Bonewarrior.
    Positioning: Butcher diagonally in front of Nightmare (Gargoyles also diagonally to the gargoyle.
    The Bonewarrior will be build on the left side on Nightmares row

Wave 6: 1 Nightmare, 1 Darkmage, 3 Gargoyles, 1 Butcher (optionally the Bonewarrior on the left side)
    During that wave you can push one or 2 worker (one pre income, one after). For wave 7 you will not need more. But if the wave tooks to long because someone is leaking
    or you expecting a big send. then you can build a greendevil for wave 7

Wave 7: no big send? Wave 6 Setup should hold, or you already have a greendevil

Wave 8: Upgrade the Gargoyle in front of Darkmage. It should hold also a Dino. If you expect a bigger send, add a nightmare

Wave 9: Upgrade the left Bonewarrior to Darkmage and place a new nightmare diagonally left side infront of your current Nightmare
    Also 150 Mythium sends should hold

Wave 10: Add a Harbringer because it perfectly fits for the next 3 Waves. You can also add more Bonewarriors that sneaks some hits
    Positioning: directly Below your Butcher

Wave 11: Upgrade Greendevil. Depending on the sends, you can also upgrade your Butcher to Head Chef

Wave 12: Add another Buther and Upgrade your 3. Gargoyle
    Positioning: in front of your first Nightmare

Wave 13: Upgrade your first Butcher to Head Chef

Wave 14: Upgrade Nightmare to Doppelganger (your first) and add a Greendevil positioned 2 squares up and 2 left of your Nightmare
    Reason: possible FourEyes will blocked by Greendevil to attack the Nightmare

Wave 15: Upgrade the 2nd Nightmare to Doppelganger + 2nd Gargolye diagonally in front on the left group + Gargoyle or Greendevil diagonally on the right Greendevil Group

Wave 16: Nightmare + Darkmage
    Positioning: Nightmer diagonally left from your 2nd Doppelganger and Darkmage behind it (this is on the same row as your first Doppelganger)

Wave 17: Add Harbringer or Gateguards
    Positioning: Left side in the Gap between left Greendevil and left Darkmage and on the right side just behind the Gargolye on the right wall.
    This split will may counter the centaur cleave damage

Wave 18: Upgrade Doppelganger, you should have 3 and 3 Harbringer. Add an LoD. Start with it 2 squares right, 2 squares down from your first Doppelganger.
    With this positioning your LoD will attack the Centaur which is going to the right side.

To get an imagination how this build will lok like:

upload_2017-12-8_1-14-47.png

if you have any feedback or find failures, please let me know and i can correct them

8. Murtyn

Murtyn Member

Been using the Grove build, it's pretty solid - feels like you never leak. Especially in the games where your teammates leak the build shines!

Weilbockt likes this.
  9. Weilbockt

Weilbockt Member

So glad that you found success with the guide! <3

10. Deathmod

Deathmod Member

Hey guys :)
    First off: thanks for the good work!

I uses the grove build for some weeks now, but after the latest patch (consort health to 770) i feel like its not working out so good anymore.
    In Fact since the nerv i didn't win a game anymore although i didnt change my build pattern. Today i just leaked 5 with antler + whileshroom + consort + 2 buzz where i had only a snail send.

What i wanna say: i think the build needs an adjustment, but i dont have an idea for it. Do you experience the same or am i doin something wrong? (Especially weilbockt's and isotrop's opinion would be great)
    And just for those who will flame no matter what: no, im not 1200 rating or something like that.

11. Weilbockt

Weilbockt Member

I played the Grove build on the current patch and felt like it still works just fine. You might have leaked lvl 5 due to unlucky focus or off-positioning. I recommend going into costum games and checking the build vs the different waves & sends. Let me know if you found something that the build constantly leaks to and therefore needs adaption on.

12. Deathmod

Deathmod Member

Tested the build in custom game for like 2 hours and i just works fine except of 5 where you might leak with a bit of rng involved when the enemy doesnt send hard and you dont go for a 2nd whileshroom (like bad focus etc.)
    To get the workers needed you gotta keep sending early though (guess that was my mistake there)
    And if your whole team feeds theres no way you can hold it anymore. especially wave 12-13 are crucial.

What i mean is: if the enemy starts saving on 9 and sends 12 or 13 you are badly valued at those waves with this build even if you dont go worker anymore the moment they dont send. While you might hold the send, you have no catch potential for possible leaks of teammates.

Thus i recommend not to push a worker after 9 and first see if the enemy sends 10. if they do, you push the worker (spare the gold, dont spend in on units before).

13. Foerdifuxx

Foerdifuxx Member

Any updates on the Grove build due to buffs for whitemane and honeyflower/deathcap.

14. Weilbockt

Weilbockt Member

Whitemane & Deathcap got very strong mid game now. I'd recommend getting a Whitemane for 11/12 and if you're expecting a major send on 12 I'd add in a Deathcap if possible.

15. Atze-Peng

Atze-Peng Member

As an Element and Mastermind player my question would be what are the best ways to get these classes to leak early game.

16. Weilbockt

Weilbockt Member

Each and every class has their own weaknesses. However, it heavily depends on their build. Thus, listing all of them would be too much of a hassle.

17. Bolle

Bolle Member

For Element early leaks i recommend 4,5,9

18. Weilbockt

Weilbockt Member

To pressure a Aqua Element guy properly, I'd recommend going 5,7 & 9 tbh.

19. Foerdifuxx

Foerdifuxx Member

quite expensive, both Whitemane & Deathcap for 11/12, isn't it?!

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  20. fonte

fonte Member

tbh vs element i would skip the pressure 7 since even with lots of rng the leaks are, in my opinion, minors compared to what you would get on 9 for sure. I would either skip 7/8 full to go hard 9 or incsend till the end of 6 then save for 9. Imo you need at least 200send on 7 to leak a good element decently, probably having a dino and mole should do the job pretty well there but once again I would rather go for a big 9 on that puny element + long saves counter a bit element since he cant so freely push on 7/8 then.