1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More time to build in Casual Queue

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Seraphon, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Seraphon

Seraphon Member

Hello,

As some new player complain about it, I would suggest that in casual queue, the time between 2 waves is like 5 or 10s longer. Or maybe change it depending on your elo. I don't know. But it seems the time is a real problem for new players.

Here you can have a reference about the mentionned issue for new players :

GvR Mr Mister likes this.
  2. GvR Mr Mister

GvR Mr Mister Member

Ive played with some new player in the last time and can confirm it, many would enjoy a bit more time to build

3. jitsuc4

jitsuc4 Moderator

The only reason I'd not increase build timers in casual would be the myth generation, since that will change as well (might be possible to adjust the rate at night time to account for the increased time, so overall there's no difference?). So when people go from trying a build in casual/go ranked for the first time, there would be at least a more consistent experience.

And you would also need some sort of indication to new players that building time in ranked mode is now shorter than in casual mode, which might lead to other problems, since now rating changes are involved.

Another alternative could be making people more aware of custom games and the -debug command (incase they play with others). Ideally it would be more comfortable to access all the stuff, but maybe the building time could be increased if you enabled -debug for example (as opposed to the current 10min time when you -wave x).

But as it currently stands, I think casual/ranked should share timer settings, as casual queue is currently the preparation stage for newer players before they hit ranked games. Having those differ probably doesn't make it easy to convey the message and might cause another "learning issue".

4. Gaetor

Gaetor Member

You could make it 45 seconds per wave, and just have 15 "silent" seconds... in which mythium generation temporary stops.