1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum is for new unit and legion ideas, not for general discussion about the game.
    Dismiss Notice

New Legion: Ethereal

Discussion in 'Design Room' started by Mick, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Mick

Mick Member

Hi, I was bored today and thinking of something we are missing and is relatively easy to implement.
    I present the ethereal legion.
    Ethereal units are divine creatures from another dimension, which can fight in ours. Their abilities have a link with that other dimension.
    Because they are divine, they have no weaknesses. Therefore, all units have PURE attack and IMMATERIAL armor.

I won't present the particular HP/DPS, since I am sure there are some easy formula's that can be followed to make them balanced.

Tier 1
    Melee Tank: 99% Tank, 1% DPS. The purpose is to make this unit as tanky as possible for a T1, so its ability can be used.

Angelshark (20g)
    Boost: Adds 50% damage reduction for the next wave only. Costs 5g

Sea Monk (90g)
    Fortify: Adds 50% damage reduction for the next wave only. Costs 20g

Tier 2
    Long-Ranged DPS.

Virtue (45g)
    Angelic Strike: Every 3rd hit hits 3 enemies.

Cherub (125g)
    Divine Strike: Every 3rd hit hits 5 enemies.

Tier 3

Off-tank, 200 range: 70% Tank 30% DPS

Shifter (80g)
    Shift-out: Shifts out of reality for 2 seconds whenever it is attacked. Can only happen once every 15 seconds.

Divine Shifter (155g)
    Charge Shift: Shifts out of reality for 2 seconds whenever it is attacked. Gains 10% attack power after coming back. Can only happen once every 10 seconds

Tier 4

Melee well-rounded aura fighter

Spiritual guide (150g)
    Journey to the beyond: adjacently-deployed units armor is converted to Immatieral. If it is already Immaterial, gains 5% damage reduction instead.

Soul reaper (270g)
    Harvest: adjacently-deployed units attack type is converted to Pure. If it is already Pure damage, gains +5% damage instead.

Tier 5

Tanky: 85% tank 15% DPS

Time Walker
    Slow time: Attack Speed and movement speed of the attacker are slowed by 10% for 2 seconds when this unit is attacked. (5% for bosses)

Time Traveller
    Stop the time: Attack Speed and movement speed of the attacker are slowed by 20% for 2 seconds when this unit is attacked. (5% for bosses)

Tier 6
    Low- ranged DPS

Guardian Angel (280g)
    Holy Touch: Every first attack on a new unit will deal 150% damage.

Arch Angel (420g)
    Divine Touch: Every first attack on a new unit will deal 200% damage.

Any feedback is welcome, of course.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    EpvpDani, Lisk, Curing and 1 other person like this.
  2. Bluejin

Bluejin Member

Not sure how your T3 is supposed to work, but no matter how I imagine it, it looks dodgy. Also adding so much Pure/Immaterial is kinda lame, having so many units with no weaknesses/strengths is a bit boring. Rest looks good.

Mick likes this.
  3. Mick

Mick Member

The way it is supposed to work is that when it gets attacked, it disappears for a bit, so the wave units focus other units first, and then he appears again to fight. It's mainly a tool to lose aggro. So the word 'dodgy' is actually appropriate :D

And yeah, I agree it's a bit lame as a 'legion' on itself with all pure/immaterial, but since I thought it could be a nice addition to have at least 1 'safe' option for each Tier (one that is never truly bad, but never truly good too), we might as well release them all as 1 legion to be done with it :D

EDIT: Haha, I see I forgot a T4. If anyone has a nice idea, I will add it :p

4. Pennywise

Pennywise Member

Yeah I actually kind of like the idea, it would be pretty bad as a legion, would be extremely hard to balance a legion with no weaknesses, so it would either have to have bad stats (and be weak) or good stats (and be OP) with not much middle ground. BUT now that ranked is MM only it is a nice idea to have some more pure units in the game. I like the T6 ability too that's a nice idea, good on swarms, bad on bosses that's an interesting niche.

Mick likes this.
  5. Marchombre

Marchombre Member

What's that ?
    A legion ? Done by someone else ? :eek:

Jokes aside, I'm not fan as a pure/immaturial only legion. Units looks fine taken one by one tho.

50% dmg reduction might bit overtuned on T1.

As you're missing a T4 (which is a good spot for auras) I would add something like this :

Spiritual guide (150g)
    Melee well-rounded aura fighter.

Journey to the beyond: adjacently-deployed units armor is converted to Immatieral. If it is already Immaterial, gains 5% damage reduction instead.

Soul reaper (270g)
    Melee well-rounded aura fighter.

Harvest: adjacently-deployed units attack type is converted to Pure. If it is already Pure damage, gains +5% damage instead.

I'm pretty sure this would be op, and would need to concert only % of armor and attack, but the idea is there :p

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    Lisk and Mick like this.
  6. Mick

Mick Member

Haha, yes, took your example. And I agree with the pure/immaterial legion, just thought it could be a good move to get units more quickly in every tier now since you can't pick legions anymore (for ranked).

So creative as always with your creations. I really like that. Added it!

7. Curing

Curing Art Director Staff Member

Awesome! Angelic/Heavenly legion is definitely an archetype that we want to tackle sooner or later. ;)

8. Lisk

Lisk Director Staff Member

Really cool ideas Mick :D

9. Cornep

Cornep Member

I did some, The design section was opened to block my unit/merc/legion spam :D

10. Cornep

Cornep Member

The horror of sending into full pure/immaterial. nice units though

11. Marchombre

Marchombre Member

That was probably before I joined in and made the design room mine ;)

Cornep likes this.