1. This forum is for new unit and legion ideas, not for general discussion about the game.
    Dismiss Notice

New Legion "Mythical"

Discussion in 'Design Room' started by Jaskr, Feb 14, 2018.

?

How u think about the units?

1. Way to strong

2. Way to weak

3. Boring

4. Interesting

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Jaskr

Jaskr Member

The idea is based on the storys from the greek mythology and so the lores and background storys are.
    If u like just a single Unit and not the whole idea, feel free to add just one to another Legion.
    Also feel free to edit some little things if u are uncomfortable with it.

Now let me Introduce you the Legion "Mythicals"

Changed Ability from T6:
    From getting more Damage based on missing health (short version) to
    Attacks deal damage in a cone in front of the hydra.
    This attack melts their Armor for 10 seconds, which causes pierce damage to Deal +50 Magicdamage over the next 5 seconds.
    This Pierce-DoT can stack up to 8 times and gets refreshed if damaged by pierce as long as the "molten armor" debuff is active

Updated some Base-Stats from T1, T2, T3 and T5
    also changed the Ability from T2 and T5 a bit.
    still unsure what to do with T6 so it isnt basically the same like Fenix.

T1: Decreased cost and Hp Upgrade: Unchanged
    T2: Unchanged Upgrade: Lowered DMG and Attack-speed, changed the mechanic of the
    %-Execute ability.
    T3: Hard reduced attack speed (Dps), cost increased
    Upgrade: hard reduced attack speed (Dps), cost increased
    T4: Unchanged Upgrades: unchanged
    T5: Unchanged Upgrade: Lower Attackspeed, changed the ability from stacking lifesteal to stacking lifedraining poison.
    T6: Unchanged for now Upgrade: unchanged for now

Tier 1: Arachne (20g, 1Supply) Upgrade: Mother of Spiders (90g, 0 supply)

[​IMG]
    (I do not own any rights on this Picture, its just for showing a possible direction of the Design)

Lore/Description: Once it was a beautiful woman, but a curse doomed her to become half of a spider...

Health:180 / 600

Damage: 5 / 8

Attack Per Second: 2,5 / 3

DPS: 12,5 / 24

Range: Melee / Melee to Short range

Movement speed: Fast / Very Fast

Atk/Def type: Pierce/Natural / Pierce/Fortified

Ability: None / After dying 2 New Mother of Spiders will spawn with half of the original fighting-stats and without the ability to split up

Tier 2: Manticor (60g, 1 Supply) Upgrade: Androphagos ( 180g, 2 Supply)

[​IMG]
    (I do not own any rights on this Picture, its just for showing a possible direction of the Design)

Despcription/Lore: The head of a lion and the tail of a dragon...whatever dont mess with him.

Health: 400 / 760

Damage: 30 / 40

Attacks Per Second: 1,5 / 1,5

DPS: 45 / 60

Range: Medium / Medium

Movement speed: Average / Average

Atk/Deff type: Pierce/Swift / Pierce/Swift

Ability: Spread his shots on up to three Enemys / Spread his shots on up to Three Enemys and Inflict a stacking debuff, once the Debuff reaches 4 Stacks the targeted units will be executed if they are below 8%hp (6% vs Bosses), when attacked by a melee unit.

Tier 3: Terror of the Sea (110g, 1Supply) Upgrade: Scylla (230g, 2supply)

[​IMG]

Description/Lore: Its waiting for some Adventurers to lure them into a trap.

Health: 1700 / 3900

Damage: 80 / 500

Attack per Second: 0,4 / 0,10

DPS: 32 / 50

Range: Short Range / Short Range

Movement speed: Very slow / Very slow

Atk/Def type: Impact/Swift / Magic/Swift

Ability: None / Consuming 15 Mana to grab 4 Enemys near Scylla dealing 100% of her base damage and taunt the enemys so they can just attack scylla until she is dead (mana reg: 0,4 per sec)

Tier 4: Labyrinth Guardian (165g, 2supply)
    Upgrade: Enraged Minotaur (255g, 2 supply) / Shy Minotaur (270g, 2supply)

Description/Lore: Many tried to path his floors, but the storys of them never told whats on the other side of it...

[​IMG]

Health: 2400 / 2800 / 4500

DMG: 32 / 70 / 40

Attacks per Second: 1,2 / 1,4 / 1

DPS: 36,4 / 98 / 40

Range: melee / melee / melee

Movementspeed: slow / a bit more then average / slow

ATK/DEF type: Impact/Natural / Impact/Immaterial / Impact/Natural

ability: none / Gain 1 Mana per Attack, Consumes 5 Mana to Deal 350% damage with the next Attack / Gain 1 Mana per Hit the Minotaur takes, consumes 5 Mana to reduce the next hit's damage by 60%

Tier 5: Horned Viper (195g, 2 supply)
    Upgrade: Cerastes ( 325g, 2 supply)

Description/Lore: A legendary serpent more flexibel then everything you could ever imagine.

[​IMG]

Health: 1950 / 2600

Damage: 70 / 60

Attacks per Second: 1,5 / 2,5

DPS: 105 / 150

Range: Melee / Melee

Movementspeed: Insanely Fast / Insanely Fast

ATK/DEF type: Pierce/Arcane / Pierce/Arcane

Ability: None / Every Third attack deals double Damage and applies a stacking poison that drains 50Hp/s per stack from the poisoned Enemy for 4 seconds(Stacking up to 5 Times)

Tier 6: The Hydra (270g, 3 supply) Upgrade: Hydra of Lerna ( 450g, 3 supply

Description/Lore: A legend says: "by slaying the heads of the hydra she will get even stronger after recovering"

[​IMG]

Health: 2800 / 5650

Damage: 90 / 230

Attacks per Second: 1 / 1

DPS: 90 / 230

Range: short range / short range

Movementspeed: slow / slow

ATK/DEF type: Magic/Swift / Magic/Swift

NEW:
    Ability: Attacks deal damage in a cone in front of the hydra.
    This attack melts enemys Armor for 10 seconds, which causes pierce damage to Deal +50 Magicdamage over the next 5 seconds.
    This DoT can stack up to 10 times and gets refreshed if damaged by pierce as long as the "Molten Armour" debuff is active

I would love to hear what you guys are thinking about my ideas and maybe get some feedback to improve these units and maybe we will see them someday in action :)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    Jules and Enkel like this.
  2. Muaddib

Muaddib Member

Wow ... nice work, mate ! :))

Sounds awesome.

Could you rly add some pictures ?

3. Jaskr

Jaskr Member

Everything done so far :)
    would love to hear your opinion

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  4. Justrazer

Justrazer Member

Wow, Good job man, nice work! :) I hope for you they take youre Idea, that must cost a lot of time for you

5. Jaskr

Jaskr Member

Ty mate :)
    Took me like 4-5 hours, but it was pretty funny to think about New game mechanics :D

6. Bluejin

Bluejin Member

Feels really overtuned with the current stats/prices plus special ability on every unit.

T1 : very good tank value with 12hp/gold, though a bit expensive for a T1 (people already complain about 25 gold for pewie if they want to make splits and so on)
    T1 U: amazing tank value with 13.something hp per gold, which would be the highest in the game currently I believe.
    T2 / T2 U : If I understood that correctly, it can attack up to 3 targets at once. That would be potentially insane, especially earlyon when it would not be oneshot yet and seen how good of a tank T1/T1 U are. For 90 gold, you get a total dps higher than a Nightmare, with a %-health execute that scales extremely well into the game if you can protect that unit.
    T3 : Wait WHAT? 90 gold for a 1700 hp unit with 64 dps that is also ranged? That's basically a Berserker for less than half the gold.
    (To put that in perspective, if you scale your T3 to the same cost as Berserker, it would have 4155 hp with 156 DPS).
    T3 U : Same story, basically a ranged canopie with double hp and the ability to draw partial aggro, which would greatly protect your T2 again. Heck, you could even taunt a centaur, making it basically useless. Way too many stats for that ability.
    T4 : Again very good hp/gold, but low damage, seems balanced / potentially even on the weak side.
    T4 U : Enraged : Similar to a Doppel : a bit cheaper, a bit more hp, a bit less dps that may overkill things. Seems strong to balanced. Shy : Seems really weak. 11hp/gold is good, but dps is really low and the damage reduction equals in most cases a 10% damage reduction (every 6th hit reduced by 60%) doesn't change much.
    T5 : more or less a tankier Nightmare
    T5 U : Not sure about that one. Statwise it's a Doppelganger for 100 less gold. If the 15% lifesteal starts stacking from 0 again each time the unit switches targets, it might be just strong. If you keep the 15% lifesteal, that would be insane again.
    T6 / T6 U : Strikes me as really weak. Lesser version of Fenix/Firelord. Basically you want this unit to tank until it's low health and then survive to deal damage, which is pretty unrealistic. Plus the fact that it could be single-target or spread damage makes it weaker too.

All in all, nice to see people put work into this, but what I lack personally is a "common theme" that would make gameplay distinctly different from the other legions apart from just having different units. Otherwise I feel gameplay might become stale, but well, the current legions don't have that either, so not so important.

7. Jaskr

Jaskr Member

Ty for your feedback :)

The units are pretty overscaled, i can totally agree with this.
    I didnt compare that mich with other units, just gave them pretty decent stats so their strengths and weaknesses are obvious, maybe T3 is a bit hard overtuned after your HP/gold calculation :D
    But i think the numbers can be changed so they arent the Problem.
    overall i just gave the units these high stats to show the strength and weaknesses, after your post i am gonna change the stats a bit so they will not look that op at all.^^

T1 wasnt thought as a early-tank unit definitly nerfing the hp of arachne, but i rly like the fact these unit could be a decent dps carry in early waves.

T2 is smth i was pretty unsure, attacking 3 enemys at once is pretty good at all so i maybe lower the base-dps, and the %-DMG from the ability could maybe changed to a base-dmg stacking up per attack, gonna think about that. Or maybe trade the passives from T2 with the one from T5

T3 was designed to be a slow-moving/attacking tank the dmg must be lower for sure. and Hp/gold must be balanced better, maybe higher costs .

T4 is smth i rly like how it is atm, the dmg-reduce from 60% could get buffed a bit, but atm its ok i think.

T5 was smth i wanted to be a pretty good bosskiller with the high dps and lifesteal, maybe gonna change that ability a bit too.
    could be rly bad vs the normal waves between bosses, but i think it could be fine. (Maybe gonna trade it with the T2 ability )

The Comparation between Hydra( T6 ) and Fenix is smth i didnt even notice until you wrote that tbh
    Maybe i gonna change that a bit so they arent that even.

U gave me many things to overthink, thank you for that :D

8. Gigald

Gigald Member

I love it :)