1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum is for new unit and legion ideas, not for general discussion about the game.
    Dismiss Notice

New mercenary: Assassin

Discussion in 'Design Room' started by Marchombre, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Marchombre

Marchombre Member

hey guys !

Here is an idea for a new mercenary that would go for the backline.
    I think that could be an intersting one to have in game :)

What do you mean, I'm sick of zeus or daphne spam and I want something to counter this ?:rolleyes:

Assassin
    Pierce - Swift
    140 Mythium - 35 Income

Stats
    |---HP: 1500
    |---DPS: 90
    . |---Damage: 120
    . |---Att. Speed: 0.75
    |---Range: 100

Abilities
    Backstab

This mercenary spawns near the gate, and then go to the lane to backstab its victims.

Stealthy

Whenever this unit is not attacking, it goes stealthy, and can't be focused.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    Themryon likes this.
  2. Diocletir

Diocletir Member

hmm, and what about the backline egg when there are no ranged units.
    I think it is too strong/too hard to balance, out of the same reason as deepcoiler.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  3. Marchombre

Marchombre Member

Well, I didn't think about the egg...
    But there is rarely no range unit, and egg/hydra are quite strong atm, so maybe that's not be a bad thing.

The thing is, this mercenary won't leave for ever, and you might get two, maybe three of them.
    Deepcoiler are much stronger, as you an spam them, they are a lot stronger, and they can destroy auras.

As fighters "auras" are not truly auras, but buff given at spawn time, not sure it'll be such a huge deal.

More like a situational send, that can hurt if well used.

4. Diocletir

Diocletir Member

I agree it more situational as deepcoiler but there are certain builds which would be impossible if u could send 2-3 assasins vs afterall right now they will reset the aggro they have once the killed their target.
    I think u should at least give the stelthy an cd for "not attacking" or make it "out of combat".
    In the end it would depend a lot on how the units fokus.

5. Marchombre

Marchombre Member

Yeah, they will reset focus, but they're still quite squishy.

It would be possible to bait them into meat shield with proton, or split the whole thing with fire archer.

Once they pop out of stealth, the whole backline will probably turn and hit at least one or two auto.

If you put a few units as a meat shield, they'll be forced to be vulnerable a few time, and prob get destroy before being able to clear the whole backline.