1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum is for new unit and legion ideas, not for general discussion about the game.
    Dismiss Notice

New Race Idea

Discussion in 'Design Room' started by danutki, Aug 13, 2017.

Tags:
?

New race

1. Yes !

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. danutki

danutki Member

A little a tottaly new race idea - Demons raised from hell :) (I M NOT A PROFFESIONAL ART CREATOR ITS ONLY PLAN !!!! )

*Little imp looks like hades imp but more red

-Imp (Tier I)
    -Cost: 25 gold, 1 supply
    -Health: 250
    -Damage: 15
    -Attack Speed: 1.1 times/sec
    -Range: Ranged
    -Movement Speed: Fast
    -Pierce / Natural
    -Ability: None

-Armored Imp (Tier I)(Upgraded)
    -Cost: 75 gold, 1 supply
    -Health: 1200
    -Damage: 65
    -Attack Speed: 0.9 times/sec
    -Movement Speed: Medium
    -Pierce / Fortified

*Burning demon smith with hammer , strong looking men with two handed fire hammer

-Fire Smith (Tier II)
    -Cost: 80 gold, 1 supply
    -Health: 750
    -Damage: 35
    -Attack Speed: 0.7 times/sec
    -Range: Melee
    -Impact / Fortified
    -Ability: Fire enchant- Give a friendly unit 10% DMG boost for 20sec

-Demon Smith (Tier II)(Upgraded)
    -Cost: 200 gold, 2 supply
    -Health: 1900
    -Damage: 80
    -Attack Speed: 0.8 times/sec
    -Impact / Fortified
    -Ability: Fire enchant- Give a friendly unit 20% DMG boost for 20sec

*Women demon like monster with fire magic in one hand

-Scubb (Tier III)
    -Cost: 120 gold, 1 supply
    -Health: 750
    -Damage: 60
    -Attack Speed: 1.0 times/sec
    -Magic / Arcane

-Scubb (Tier III)(Upgraded)
    -Cost: 230 gold, 2 supply
    -Health: 2000
    -Damage: 120
    -Magic / Arcane
    -Ability: Burning projectile- Projectile creates path of fire which deals 20 dps for 2sec

*Fully armored huge demon wielding two handed sword

-Demon Warlord (Tier IV)
    -Cost: 185 gold, 2 supply
    -Health: 2000
    -Damage: 52
    -Impact / Fortified
    -Ability: Immolation- Deal 0.5% of Max HP per sec in short range

-Demon Commander(Tier IV)(Upgraded)
    -Cost: 300 gold, 2 supply
    -Health: 4250
    -Damage: 95
    -Impact / Fortified
    -Ability: Immolation- Deal 1% of Max HP per sec in medium range

*Dog from hell with 2/4 heads

-Cerber (Tier V)
    -Cost: 250 gold, 2 supply
    -Health: 3000
    -Damage: 95
    -Movement Speed: Slow
    -Impact / Fortified
    -Ability: Two headed monster - Hits 2 enemies with one attack

-Cerber Prime (Tier V)(Upgraded)
    -Cost: 325 gold, 2 supply
    -Health: 5000
    -Damage: 170
    -Attack Speed: 0.8 times/sec
    -Movement Speed: Slow
    -Impact / Fortified
    -Ability: Four headed monster - Hits 4 enemies with one attack

*Demon with scythe and medium armor

-Devil (Tier VI)
    -Cost: 370 gold, 3 supply
    -Health: 3200
    -Damage: 170
    -Attack Speed: 1.2 times/sec
    -Movement Speed: Very fast
    -Pure / Fortified
    -Ability: Lord of the hell- Give all units 30% attack speed boost when their life is under 40%

-Devil (Tier VI)(Upgraded)
    -Cost: 550 gold, 3 supply
    -Health: 5500
    -Damage: 250
    -Attack Speed: 1.2 times/sec
    -Movement Speed: Very fast
    -Pure / Fortified
    -Ability: Lord of the hell- Give all units 35% attack speed boost when their life is under 50%

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  2. Cornep

Cornep Member

Please space them out, my eyes get all confused looking at this.

also, you should include artwork of some sort :)

3. danutki

danutki Member

Hello I tried to do some artwork but its not enough good i am learning about graphic content and in this moment i know how to edit photos in photoshop but creating own artwork is too hard for me right now. But i think in near future i will send some :)

4. Cornep

Cornep Member

You can always google artwork, i did that in the races i drafted.

5. danutki

danutki Member

#Rippaintartwork but i can give a little part of my idea

6. von Oberstain

von Oberstain Member

"von Obernstain did great things twisting existing LTD1 races. Terrible, but great."

The basic idea was, some will remember, to create a race which already had eerie similarities with existing ones, yet is somewhat different to play. Since Lisk and Jules are, I believe, good or at least neutral kind of person, someone had to look into a black mirror and create a truly evil races or different neutral ones. The intended effect was to reuse known and balanced races and create a new feeling for a player (yet I spend an incredible amount of time balancing, thanks also to all relentless testers!)

Corrupted Nature
    I actually took quite a time to make flavour texts, my own or citing somewhat appropriate. The race was about a Nature who lost Sun's mercy and mutated into cursed, blood-feeding parasites.

Tier1 - pretty much the same nature Ent/Guardian, different names. They had 'Saprophytic Growth' ability, basically life-steal, except they could steal more than starting HP value (limited, though). Also, not many people know that Nature had hidden +3 reg bonus, so they were similar in more than one thing.

Tier2 - Forest spiders - Archers with poison and lower range, had 3rd upgrade which was large and menacing Forest Horror - very short range but kinda scary while approaches the target.

Tier3 - Owls, originated from American Indians legends as bad spirits. Aura units, causing HP loss or debilitating waves in other ways.

(Those were all viable starting units, with a possibility of branching in other ways)

Tier4 - Willows, very weird and atmospheric unit. First one was a Dying Willow, with a large lifesteal (but started with -20% HP). 2nd row unit. If it, by a wise placement or by luck :), it managed to make 100% HP, it was instantly upgraded to Creeping Willow (natural upgrade), but there's more - Creeping Willow could collect enough HP to be upgraded to Blood Willow, which is tier6. This was balanced carefully, so upgrade1 happened sometimes, and upgrade to tier6 very rarely

Tier5 - melee counterparts of Goliath, upgrade with Thorns Aura, basic without.

Tier6 - similar to Nature tier6, starting with Blood Willow and branching two ways for upgrades.

Note: Testers, as perhaps someone else, will remember Corrupted nature as a terribly overpowered race. It didn't happen my mistake - the intention was to 'move' some people from Hybrid at least for some time and get better input. And to study human behaviour, since when race stronger than Hybrid appeared, many players switched to it quickly. So, 'all the races are boring and Hybrid requires skill' argument has a strong contra-argument :) It was built to be easy-nerfable, just reducing life-steal abilities most units shared and there the nerf.

I've decided to put this here, because since LTD1 everyone and their brothers had their own race ideas and some were good, some weren't.

At some time, when modding becomes available, I'm likely to (try to) recreate this one. I did the same with Mech, where futuristic soldiers become more WH40k-like, cynical and on brink of sanity.

danutki likes this.
  7. dragonslayer

dragonslayer Member

I remember this, it was in Legion TD Hell or something, but never the "Official" one, the Tier 6 was pretty creepy.

And wasn't Hybrid just luck? Do you mean Prophet?

danutki likes this.
  8. von Oberstain

von Oberstain Member

It was LegionTD Pro, we actually had own, quite balanced races - 7 additional, if I remember correctly. LTD Hell started as reskin, but I don't know how far they got - perhaps up to own races. Spuuuucki did version which he called 1.7, but called it unofficial (2 extra races, very balanced, some useful additions).

None of us claimed we're official since it was, after all, completely based on Lisk's work and no amount of work in modding - and it went for years - couldn't make ours 'officials'.

My, and this is PERSONAL opinion is that Hybrid, Prophet and -cb mode are both luck and kinda abuse in nature.

Hybrid could get free +25g if rolling tier3, which is much (but just -15g with bad roll). Hybrid with t1 build had, no matter how they use to whine, natural advantage of having at least one upgradeable and surepass at both w1 and w2, with good chances of relatively risk-free w1 worker. Some races could do the same, but most did not...

Prophet - I never played much MEGA, but in practice I'd go and build best-of-(5 or 6) available with some meatshields. There was always at least one unit excelling at... something. Any -cb made things worse. I've heard Hybrid was weaker in MEGA, but wouldn't know, really. While I stand firmly behind my X1 claims, it's not the case in MEGA - probably because of 50-100x more X1 games I've played :D

My greatest regret is that Pro failed because of stupid bnet bots - given more time and few more people, there could be more races with unique gameplay - the things I wanted to do most, but I was spending the most time on fixing tooltips and such - anyway, few more were in production and blueprints, many 'flavour' things - such as unit talking, both wc3 samples and written scripts, some game modes etc.