1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pause button

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by andialki, Aug 8, 2019.

1. andialki

andialki Member

Would it be possible to implement an option to pause the game? It is is simply annoying to lose games because your mate had to answer a call/the door/an alarm or whatever. The mate is back, didn't build and the game is lost. Usually this happens with low elo Players and so you also lose a lot of elo because of this.

Themryon likes this.
  2. reW

reW Member

Thats something that happen in online games. If you go afk you lose. I don't like the idea of a pause button, because salty losing people would abuse this.

3. Themryon

Themryon Member

I think salty people will always abuse anything (reporting, evading swear-word-filters, ...), don't find that a valid reason tbh,

The implementation of a pause button in multiple games works just fine. And there are multiple implementations out there.

Examples to compare:

In starcraft 2: Every team has a limit of 2 timeless pauses. People can unpause the pause as they like, so if the other team suspects that it is a BM pause, they can just unpause. And it works very good. I have almost never encountered a BM pause, most people also pause and say "sorry 1 minute" and most of the times it is even only 20 seconds or so they are gone.
    => In this case i don't see how abuse is a problem. On top of that, normally people forfeit the match if they see they can't win, some people like to just BM stay in the game untill all their buildings are destroyed. This last abuse could easily take 3 minutes to finish the game. Which proves my first sentence of this post.
    On top of that there is an automatic disconnection pause that lasts 1 minute, like in legion 1 (after the minute, the person loses the match in 1V1, in 2v2 i'm not sure, i think that one player drops out of it and the other teammember can try to still win on his own)

In CSGO each team has 1 pause that lasts 1 minute. Very nice for when someone disconnects or something else. In this case however i think abuse is sometimes the case. but 1 minute is peanuts in comparison to the matchlength which is like 40-60 minutes.

Possibilities In LegionTD2:
    The starcraft example could be nice, give each team 1 or 2 timeless pauses which can be unpaused by other team
    OR
    Give each team 1 30s or 45s pause.

GvR Mr Mister likes this.
  4. reW

reW Member

After thinking about this, you might be right. Someting like 1-2 minute pause or a pause that can be unpaused by other players could work.

Themryon likes this.