1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible Atlanta Build?

Discussion in 'Strategy Guides' started by submar, Dec 25, 2018.

1. submar

submar Member

Hi,
    I've not seen any Atlanta build ideas/guides so wanted to post what I came up with so far and ask for peoples opinions and how to possibly make it better. (Please excuse that in all my screenshots the hydra is an egg post 3 it should be a hydra)
    I'm aware that most games are different so from around wave 15 I normally improvise depending on how the game goes, furthermore please be careful as the worse waves depending on sends can be 7/8, 11/12, 14.
    I'm aware that income sending is not favoured by a lot of people yet with this build I wait till last second and send as much as I can each wave till 11 skipping 1 or 2 depending on the enemy I always position my units in this exact manner for splits
    Please note if I'm not including any extra gold pre 10 I normally spend it on workers
    I'll gladly take any criticisms and improvements
    P.S.S for larger images there are attatchment at the bottom of the post,

Wave 1: yes I do add 2 pollywags just cause sometimes I go afk and forgot to add them once or twice + it speeds up the wave even if a little bit
    [​IMG]

Wave 2: easily holds 40
    [​IMG]

Wave 3: This is the wave i have the most trouble with around a 1/3 of the games I play with a weaker hydra but still seems to work, as the build holds a brute/fiend, and sometimes with goldlike splits holds a DT+snail. if enemy or friend leak you can always add more pollywags behind the egg
    [​IMG]

Wave 4: Just spam workers from the start of wave 3

Wave 5: Spam workers from the start of wave 4

Wave 6: For this wave, I normally add a 2nd seaserpant for extra protection
    [​IMG]

Wave 7: upgrade 1 of the seaserpants to a deepcoller preferably the one in the corner just so it does not get instant focused by the sludges if you don't have enough gold add a 3rd seaserpant and workers then pray the person doesn't send with a really good hydra you should hold but with a weaker one more likely to leak. around this wave i normally start to look out when to sell the pollywags for just that extra gold in case I don't want to send for a round
    [​IMG]

Wave 8: Depending on which route you did for 7 you should either add a 3rd seaserpant or upgrade one to a deepcaller so in the end it should look like this
    [​IMG]

Wave 9: Add 1 grall behind the hydra ready for the healing aura later on in the game + workers (depending on how the game went you might want to add another seaserpant as I have encountered larger sends on 10 which can be annoying
    [​IMG]

Wave 10: Add a 2nd grall next to the hydra + workers
    [​IMG]

Wave 11: I despise this wave.... a ghost knight messes you up really badly so it's preferable to rely on teammates to catch for you. With a ghost knight, i leak anywhere between 30-60% depending on what else was sent p.s. wave 11 is the last wave i income send normally try for 3-4 dinos. Furthermore, as to legion spells, I normally prefer hero, vampire, villain. Hero/Vampire goes on the healing gral whereas villain on the priestess
    [​IMG]

Wave 12: Seems like a questionable choice but i normally upgrade the grall to a tanky one to have a bit more front lane. From this wave you will have to make a decision if to add a seaserpant or workers it will depend a lot on sends
    [​IMG]

Wave 13: You should have enough gold/income to put the upgraded tanky grall
    [​IMG]

Wave 14: Just as with wave 11 I absolutely have this wave, My advice is to invest fully into value, on average what i end up with is: sometimes you might have one or two more seaseprants its hard to predict how the game goes
    [​IMG]

Wave 15: Normally i just upgrade the priestess and add a 2nd one, I'll end the build on this wave as post 15 its hard to predict how the game was, is, will be so you will have to improvise.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
  2. princephilip

princephilip Member

Thanks for the guide.
    Nice and simple build. Easy to use for beginners and still effective in high elo.
    I tried this for 20 games at around 1900 elo, got 75% win rate.

I suggest adding two seaserpant at wave 6 and skip it at wave 3.
    Sometimes add one at 5 if opponent saved a long time.

I think it worth more to have 2 extra workers at wave 3 than protecting the egg.
    Adding the seaserpant can only possibly defend against a seaturtle send.
    If they send 60 snail+turtle is a risk, and if 60+ its always a leak.
    Moreover if your teammate leak at 3 egg is dead anyway, so pushing workers are more consistent.
    Of course you can still check your opponent's build and count time to estimate how much they'll send at 3 to decide whether seaserpant or not.

For level 11 key is play around the spells. If there is defensive spell can push more workers at 10.
    If all are attack spells may need to shift some gold from wave 10 to get more magic damage at 11.

These are just my humble idea after playing 20 games of Atlantean. There is still big room for improvement for me.

3. submar

submar Member

Thanks for the feedback (did not want to say it when posting but I'm only a 1600 elo player)
    I like your idea with skipping sea on 3 as I've noticed that the build does not require a full hydra it works well with an average one, as mentioned the build leaks DT + snail, but surprisingly holds brute/fiend, but you're right with the 2 extra workers would allow for extra income early + possible to leak enemy easier.
    in regards to 11 I've noticed even if I go all in from 10 into value still leak it if I get a Death Knight so that round just sucks in general if they send so normally just upgrade to a templar and go with the priestess and as I mentioned hope for the best.
    Once again thank you I appreciate the idea I'm gonna give it a shot with the 2 worker instead of seaserpent