1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum is for new unit and legion ideas, not for general discussion about the game.
    Dismiss Notice

Random Legion Spell Ideas

Discussion in 'Design Room' started by foliesseer, May 6, 2018.

Tags:
?

Which Legion Spells did you like?

1. Militia

9 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Transmute / Abomination

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
  3. Rampage

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Guardian

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
  5. Raise Dead

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. foliesseer

foliesseer Member

I don't really have much to say in the introduction here :D. During and after I made a post with my ideas for Legion-Specific Mercenaries I had a few ideas for Legion Spells that could be cool to play with. And that's it, really. I hope you enjoy reading this post!

Militia (Reworked)
    When the removal of Militia was announced, I talked a bit about a rework of the spell on the Discord and then Lisk told me that my idea was sort of what he imagined with Militia, but that it was hard to implement. So just maybe we'll see something like this in the future.

Militia
    [​IMG]
    -4 Workers. Gain 4 Recruits that you can place down.

(Note: You'll still get the Mythium back for that wave which you usually should've earned if you didn't use Militia, but it doesn't say this in the tooltip.)
    (Note: Like all other Legion Spells, you need to place down the units that wave or they get sold for 30 gold.)

When you select Militia, a window pops up similair to Transmute used to do. Here you see two icons: A Worker Icon and an icon with a number on it. The icon with the number is purely cosmetic and clicking it does nothing. It shows how many workers you can still place down. So when you select Militia, the number is 4. When you place down a Worker tower, the number is 3, etc.

Note that the Towers are called Recruits, not Workers.

Recruit
    [​IMG] Pierce / Fortified
    0 Gold, 30 Gold Refund. Consumes 1 Recruit Token.

Tanky Melee fighter

Health 960
    ATK. Power 19
    ATK. Speed 1.0
    Movement 275 (Ground)
    Range 100 (Melee)

(Note: Recruits should be worth ~70 gold. This is because you get 200 Gold from the refund, and 80 gold from the bonus gold you gain. When you spread this over 4 units, that's 70 gold per unit.)
    (Note: Recruits should be good at Wave 11 and 12, so that's why I went for the Fortified defense and the Pierce attack. (Yes, I know Pierce is bad on 11 but giving Recruits Magic damage would be weird :p))

Transmute (Reworked)
    This is basically a total rework of Transmute, so that's also why it is getting a totally different name.

Abomination
    [​IMG]
    Choose to spend all your Mythium to send an Abomination each round.

There will be a small pop-up window like what the old Transmute would do. Each round, you can send Abominations: monsters that can deal and take a fair amount of damage.
    Abominations work kind of the same as regular mercenaries. However, they consume all your current mythium when you recruit one. You'll still get gold income and that income is based on how much you spent on the abomination. Also, Abominations have the same cooldown a Snail or a Fiend has, so if you want to sent multiple then you will need to send them early.

Abomination
    [​IMG] Pure / Arcane
    m Mythium, i Income

(Note: i == 0,25 × m, rounded down. So if you spend 20 Mythium, you would get 0,25 × 20 == 5 Income. And if you would spend 45 Mythium, you would get 0,25 × 45 == 11,25, rounded down to 11 Income.)

All-round Mercenary.

Health 18 × m
    ATK. Power m / 6, rounded down. Minimum is 1.
    ATK. Speed 4
    Movement 275 (Ground)
    Range 100 (Melee)

(Note: So at 45 Mythium, this mercenary would have (18 × 45 ==) 810 Health. It's ATK. Power would be (45 / 6 ==) 7,5, which would be rounded down to 7. It's DPS would be (7 × 4 ==) 28 DPS, which is the same as Fiend which is 5 mythium cheaper.)

If you compare it's Health with other creeps, then you can see it's a really efficient tank. However, since it has Arcane armor it takes alot of damage from Pierce and Impact. So it is only good for tanking against compositions that have alot of Magic Damage.
    The same goes for DPS. It has 4 DPS less than a fiend and 3 DPS less than a Drake. So it might not deal the best damage to the towers, but it's still decent.

But isn't this ability confusing for new players? Slightly, but not really. When they hover over the mercenary in the pop-up window, they can see that the cost, attack and health is constantly increasing. I think they will quickly realize that the unit's cost is the same as how much mythium you have, and that the amount of Health and Attack damage the unit has is based on the Mythium that you spend.

Rampage
    It can be compared to Villain.

Rampage
    [​IMG]
    Choose a tower. For each 5% health missing, it gains +1 Attack Damage, +0.5% Attack Speed and +0.5% Lifesteal.

Not much to say about it. at 90% missing HP, you are looking at +18 AD, +9% Attack Speed and +9% Lifesteal. But again, your unit is at 90% HP, so it will probably just die. It might need some tweaking, but you get the general idea.

Guardian
    It's a mini-guard for the king!

Guardian
    [​IMG]
    Summon a mercenary that protects your king until the mercenary dies.
    (Note: As soon as you select this spell, it will be summoned in front of the king. And yes, you can have multiple Guardians.)

Guardian
    [​IMG] Pure / Immaterial
    No cost. No reward.

Tanky mercenary that protects the king.

Health 500 + 8% of the Kings Maximum HP, rounded down.
    ATK. Power 50 + 2% of the Kings Maximum ATK. Power, rounded down.
    ATK. Speed 1
    Movement 275 (Ground)
    Range 100 (Melee)

Ability: Kings Blessing
    [​IMG]
    Restores 4% of this units Maximum HP at the end of each round.

It's good against small leaks. And if it survives, it can regenerate a fair amount of health. It contests Savior, but Savior gives +90 Gold and Guardian does not.

Raise Dead
    This might look familiar... :p
    Yeah, some of you might recognize this from my Legion-Specific Mercenaries post. I actually wanted this to be a Legion spell in the first place but then I decided to make it an special mercenary for Forsaken.

Again, this is quite a strong effect since it summons a Skeleton from anything in your lane that dies so it might need a bit of tweaking. But it's a cool spell overall, so that's why I thought I would still include it in here.

Raise Dead
    [​IMG]
    Whenever a tower or mercenary dies, summon a Skeleton in its place.

(Note: Skeletons don't get summoned when another skeleton dies.)

Skeleton
    [​IMG] Impact / Swift
    No Cost, No Reward.

Health 85
    ATK. Power 10
    ATK. Speed 1
    Movement 275 (Ground)
    Range 100 (Melee)

Ability: Skeletal Degeneration
    [​IMG]

Degenerates 4% maximum health per second.

These were all the spells I had in mind for a while now. I had the idea for Raise Dead and Rampage for a while now but I thought it wasn't worth it to make a new topic for those two spells. But after Militia and Transmute got removed, I had a bunch of new ideas for Legion Spells and these are just a few of them. I hope you enjoyed reading through this post and I hope I gave Lisk, Jules and Curing a few ideas for new Legion Towers, Monsters and Mercenaries :D.

Lisk, Damien Davison, iWumbo and 5 others like this.
  2. Marchombre

Marchombre Member

That's some nice ideas !

I love abomination. But that would mean à little rework of kraken I think. 'cause abomination is superior in dps and tankyness for 400 mythium.
    And let's be honest, kraken is mainly used for tanking ranged waves, and abomination will be better at this.

Guardian is a cool idea too, but I would remove the passive heal to give player an active healing ability on guardian, with a ~2-3 rounds CD and maybe a mythium cost.

Militia seems fine :)

Raise dead could be op and force a centaur send, but I don't know. Maybe it's not.

Anyway, great work.

foliesseer likes this.
  3. foliesseer

foliesseer Member

Thanks for the feedback :D.

I don't even see Kraken anymore lately, since Kraken is only really good against Disciples or Zeus and builds are never really based around those two units in the current meta.

And yes, the Abomination has +21 DPS and 1000 more HP but it doesn't have the 50% Spell Damage Resistance from Kraken. So it kind of depends on the enemy's build on what you send. Hell, double GK might even be better since Abominations have Arcane armor and GK has Damage Reducton from attacks. So it depends.
    And besides that, it should be quite strong. Lets not forget this is a Legion Spell. And if you compare it to Giant Snails (which give normal snails 2.4× stats!), this isn't even that impressive. However, it is alot more flexible.

Idk, I was thinking about adding an ability that you could activate during the day but I thought it might be hard for both new and existing players to understand so I kept it at a flat heal rate. And 4% isn't that much, since it is basically 0,32% King HP per night, so idk. Your idea is also decent, however I just don't know how to make it very clear in the tooltip :p

It dies to two basic attacks from creeps past 11, and it doesn't summon it from himself, so I don't think it will be that strong. Unless all creeps from the wave focus the exact same skeleton, but Lisk and Jules could add a special rule for that so it doesn't happen.

Again, thanks for the feedback!

4. Lisk

Lisk Director Staff Member

Cool ideas!! I like the idea of "Raise Dead" but it might be OP or just cause the game to lag a lot potentially. But I like the idea of potentially buffing up your whole army with something unique. For example there could be something like "First Strike" which makes all of your fighters deal +30% damage on their first hit only, or something like that.

Rampage would be a lot of fun, but maybe lifesteal might make a buffed up Doppel even more unkillable.

An idea that popped into my head after reading Rampage would be Rampage (alternate): buffed up stats, but *negative* lifesteal so it actually hurts itself!?

foliesseer likes this.
  5. foliesseer

foliesseer Member

Damn that's a pretty cool idea! I like the general idea of giving yourself a disadvantage for a big advantage (like Venture) and this one pretty much nails that idea. And it also got my thinking... How would it work with lifesteal from Butcher / Head Chef? Would it drain Phoenix' shield? Is it reduced by Gargoyle / Green Devil's 50% Damage Reduction?

Oh, and it got me thinking about what new towers could do, and how that could work out. Like imagine a tower with a "Drain" basic attack. Instead of actually basic attacking the enemy, it applies a debuff that drains their health and it applies a buff to the tower that regenerates health. Would it apply the negative lifesteal to the spell effect since it replaces the basic attack, as a special-case scenario? Or would the tower not even benefit from any of the stats the alternate rampage would give at all?
    And thinking about that interaction got me thinking about something else! What if there was a mercenary that could silence off effects from your towers for a specific amount of time? Or a tower that could cleanse negative effects off of your towers? Or a tower that doesn't basic attack, but just tries to heal your towers? That could be cool too.

This got me thinking aswell :p. Maybe, instead of a Legion Spell, you could make it an aura? Or instead of a damage increase, you could get a single-use mana shield like Firelord / Phoenix has?

Hmm... I might be rambling a bit, hehe :D. But it's cool to see that my post gave you a few ideas for new effects to put into the game. Of course, they are just ideas and they will probably not make it into the game. But as you can see, a few creative ideas (like your negative lifesteal effect) can lead to even more ideas, which cause even more ideas, and so on. And I think that's pretty cool aswell!

But anyway, I'm really glad you liked reading through my post and that it gave you a few ideas. And I'm curious what fun stuff you guys come up with for future Legions and mercenaries!

Lisk likes this.
  6. MisterRage

MisterRage Member

I posted this idea already somewhere else but @BrentBatas pointed me here via email so i try again here and there:

https://legiontd2.com/community/threads/moving-units-around.10409/#post-30932 :

Have you ever considered to make a Legion Spell that enables you to relocate some of your units. And some gold on top of it. The general idea of planning ahead is understandable for this game but everyone makes mistakes. So this feature as a Legion Spell would fit nicely in the list of spells imho.

For example something like that: - Reposition 3 units, and +100 gold

This would be so nice.

GvR Mr Mister and foliesseer like this.