1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rosh[Q&A]tul - 1st Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Roshkatul, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Roshkatul

Roshkatul Member

Weekly Questions&Answers
    I'm going to start a series, where every week, I'm going to answer all of your questions. I'm going to do so in a video, or if I don't have enough time for that, I'm going to answer them in a separate thread. This will be a weekly occurrence, or I might do that even more often, if there are enough questions to answer (Like 10-15 questions should be fine)

Types of questions you can ask:
    - What should I send against a certain setup on "X" wave? (You can post pictures of someone's build [or just give a detailed description of his units] , give me a mythium count, and I'll give a detailed answer where I explain my choice)
    - What should I do if I think that I'm falling behind everyone else? (For this, if you post pictures of the "build" tab on the end game screen, I can give you a few piece of advice for things which you could have done better in that game [the game is lacking a spectate function, so this is the best I can do])
    - What do you think about certain balance changes?
    - What do you think about "X" unit? "X" wave? "X" mercenary? "X" legion on wave "X"?
    - What do you think about certain features of the game?
    So you can ask for advice, and my opinion on what I would have done on a wave/game where you had difficulties, or anything gameplay related.

I'm going to give extremely detailed answers. The goal of this weekly Q&A is to improve the overall skill of the Legion TD2 playerbase, by actually explaining certain decisions, instead of simply showing you how to play the game, without providing arguments for the thought process behind high elo plays.

Try to keep the spam at a bare minimum, only asking questions, without trying to answer other people's questions. In 1 week, or once there are 10-15 questions asked, I'll make a new thread, where everyone can give their opinion or ask for more explanations in case it's needed.

2. foliesseer

foliesseer Member

Why does everyone think that DR (Dark Ritual) is bad? I'm coming from Hearthstone where you have the Warlock class that also uses their HP as a resource with it's Hero Power, and that's so strong that the average class cards of Warlock are a bit weaker compared to most other classes. So 150 Gold for 25% current hp looked like a bargain to me, especially if that 150 gold allowed you to not leak and lose the same amount of king HP. And now it's even buffed to 15% current HP. I get that it's not so broken as Overwork but I find the "hate" towards this Legion Spell unjustified.

Edit: added "(Dark Ritual)" to make it easier to read for new players.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    Roshkatul and Jules like this.
  3. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

This question is less for me and more on behalf of players that struggle against it. How do you personally play against someone opening Honeyflower?

Roshkatul likes this.
  4. Dimlhugion

Dimlhugion Member

Is there ever a point where sending a snail wave 1 is a viable move? Or eco-sending in general during the early waves? Like, when if ever do you say "fuck it, my opponent is most likely going ____ and I can't make them leak with the usual Brute on 3 / dino on 4, so let's just send snails to boost income and hold THEIR brute send on 3?"

Roshkatul and Jules like this.
  5. Nacccho

Nacccho Member

What is your take on the rate of changes/reworks, and it's effects on playerbase and meta.

Do you feel like the mid to late waves(12-19) are well spread and lodge a variety of potential gg sends?

Is there any unit/core, other than honeyflower, that allows you to safely get 6 worker start on 3 that holds 60+, while still being able to hold 80+on 4?

Jules likes this.
  6. EpvpDani

EpvpDani Moderator

Would you rather fight one Kraken-sized snail or 100 snail-sized krakens? What is your strategy for each?

foliesseer and Jules like this.
  7. jqob

jqob Member

Okay, Wave 18.

You are sending into this:
    Total value: 4970

You have 540 mythium before income and 640 mythium in total.
    What do you send before income and after income.

Attached Files:

• 4970.png
      4970.png
      File size:
      123.3 KB
      Views:
    Jules likes this.
  8. Roshkatul

Roshkatul Member

Good and interesting questions so far, I'm waiting for a few more questions before answering them. Keep in mind that you can ask multiple questions. As soon as we hit 10-12 questions, I'll answer them.

9. Mick

Mick Member

Why do the bananas in the banana bunk grow curved and not straight?

EpvpDani likes this.
  10. jitsuc4

jitsuc4 Member

1. Can you maybe discuss a draw vote? I don't see any downside to having all players vote if a game is a draw, since worst case it's as if it never happened in the first place. Maybe I'm missing something?

2. What do you think about Atlantean T1 Pollywog and both its upgrades? I feel like the T1 can be ok early to serve as added magic damage and to split the wave, but the upgrades lack purpose, since pure magic is kinda meh on waves 6-10 and placing them to off-tank seems like dead value later in the game.

Roshkatul likes this.
  11. Damien Davison

Damien Davison Member

If you are behind (10 workers), do you thing Overwork or Allowance would be a better choice for 11. Overwork clearly giving you extra income for the long haul, but Allowance giving you that immediate 11/12 potential hold vs the opponent's Overwork.

Nacccho and Roshkatul like this.