1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seperate myth recieved from chat

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Akitos, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Akitos

Akitos Member

I often find myself scrolling up to figure out how much mythium me or my teammate recieved in previous rounds, which is kinda frustrating to do if there has been lots of chatting. It's especially bad if you try to look something up and then your teammate writes something, making your chat automatically scroll down to the newest message. Sometimes I was entirely unable to check myth of previous rounds because my mate has been typing so much. It's really annoying and there should be a seperate chat window for it.

2. Gaetor

Gaetor Member

+1 for this, or put a check option to not automaticallly force it to the latest received message.

3. Lisk

Lisk Director Staff Member

Yeah, we could do something like that.

I think I was hoping that people would use the tab scoreboard to check myth received. Is the issue with the tab scoreboard that there is too much content there? Maybe it is unnecessary to show specific mercs and only show the value received?

4. Akitos

Akitos Member

Tbh, I can't think of any moment where I checked the new information that you've added there, sorry.

5. Lisk

True, it's easy to just go with what you're familiar with.

Maybe try forcing yourself to use tab instead of checking chat for mercenaries received, for a few days, and see if you can get used to it. It took me some days to get used to it, but I always check tab now.

6. nickjick

nickjick Member

For the longest time I was trying to remember where the event history was. Apparently in tab haha

7. foliesseer

foliesseer Member

Don't worry Lisk, I use the history in Tab whenever I forget what exact mercenaries my ally received that wave :D. However, I think the history has alot of information in it that I'm generally not looking for. The %leaked is a good example for this. Like I'm not saying that it's a bad thing to have it in the history, but sometimes I'm just looking for how much mythium my ally received on 6 and having to scroll through the history is slightly annoying. Having a small window on my 'main' screen that shows the amount of mythium received on each wave would be nice.

8. nickjick

nickjick Member

@Lisk maybe add in the options menu a way to filter what events to show? Or if you have space and it makes sense add the filter in the tab menu its self.

9. Themryon

Themryon Member

Tbh it looks too cluttered for me, and that is the reason that i dont use it., but maybe i should give it a go for some games

CORR0S1VE likes this.
  10. nickjick

nickjick Member

I actually really like it, just my two cents!

11. CORR0S1VE

CORR0S1VE Member

I definitely feel like the <TAB> menu sidebar is to cluttered for me to quickly see a summary of mythium received.

12. Akitos

Akitos Member

Yeah, same issue here. I don't find the informations I want as fast as with scrolling through the chat. I just want to see the amount of mythium recieved, nothing else. And that alone is 2 lines in the event log, while it's only one in the chat. Not to mention that in the chat your number is highlighted, which is not the case in the event log. So it's not as easy to see on first sight.

Themryon likes this.
  13. nickjick

nickjick Member

That's why I suggested a filter, but that might just make the matter worse

14. Lisk

Yeah, I think I can remove % leaked now that we have the mini-scoreboard (bottom left) which shows gold lost/gained from leaks. The original idea was if you couldn't remember who leaked, it was maybe useful to see the % leaked to estimate who is ahead.

Also maybe I might implement something where if you are holding tab (Scoreboard open) and press spacebar, then it switches views (to a mythium-only view).

Also, good idea that your own mercs received should be highlighted somehow.

I am hesitant to do a filter since I think it might be annoying to hold tab and click it, and also implementation cost of doing this might not be worth it.

15. jitsuc4

jitsuc4 Moderator

Can you also implement something when you press up up down down left right left right B A?