1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slightly offensive infographic + extended wave info

Discussion in 'Strategy Guides' started by jitsuc4, Aug 23, 2018.

1. jitsuc4

jitsuc4 Moderator

Hey,

I extended the wave infos with some stuff that's not obvious and might be interesting for some players. I was finding myself in some cases of trying to gauge how much gold I'll get from leaks etc., especially when I'm shifting some gold and there's leaks to see if I either need to send something or if I can push another worker.

And since I like numbers, I added some offensive stats as well, just to see what they'd look like.

So, here's the map, check below for some explanation on what the numbers represent, since not all might be obvious at a first glance.

2.35.3-WaveInfo-Merc-Buffs.png

I'll go left to right:

Wave infos

1. Attack types + Wave total DPS (rounded)

2. Defense types + Wave total HP

3. Additional info: Wave abilities + Range if applicable

4. Gold reward: Amount of creeps times Gold per kill plus Miniboss reward where applicable, below is total Gold reward for clearing the wave

5. Preparation time for wave: this is handy for checking if you're hitting certain myth breakpoints

6. Gold from leaks. Values in parenthesis refer to mini boss. I'll explain it from your perspective, e.g. you're Player 1 and you leak:
    • Gold you get when the leaked unit is killed
      • Note Wave 10 boss is special: Gold is partially awarded for dealing damage to it. It's linearly based off of missing hp %. So boss leaked at 100% hp (0% missing) will grant 0%x130g=0g, at 50%x130g=65g and so on.
    • Gold your ally gets if he catches the leaked unit
    • Gold both your opponents get when the leaked unit is killed.
      • Note: The gold can vary, that's why I included the decimal value. E.g. Wave 3 will grant 1.45 gold. This means there's 55% to get 1 gold, 45% to get 2 gold.
      • A couple of times I've noticed some slightly different yields when the king catches leaks, not exactly sure how they work, so bear that in mind. I've only seen it higher, though. The amount the leaker and catcher get are decimals as well, but seem to always get rounded, that's why I only included the flat value.
    7. Pack Leader buff damage increase: This refers to the increase of the total wave dps. It does not include the added damage the Pack Leader itself provides! (+76.8 dps)
    • Note the miniscule increase on Wave 13. So maybe this also helps you decide when to actually send it and when it's more useful to send other mercenaries. Roshkatul is doing a series on mercenaries right now, so that will give you some insights on what's a better send on 13 and in general.

8./9. Shaman buff damage increase: This refers to the damage increase on a single buffed unit. First column is regular wave creep, second for mini bosses/bosses. W10, W20, W21 mini boss get +16 instead of +8.
    • Keep in mind: Usually Shaman should choose a high damage unit to buff, so it might not end up buffing a weakly wave creep. But if he did, you'd know the increase. :p
    Mercs infos

1. Merc abilities and range where applicable. Single merc dps

2. Pack Leader buff damage increase: This refers to the mercenary getting buffed
    • Note: Pack Leader is increasing its own damage (base dps 70.4, buffed 76.8)
    3. Shaman buff damage increase: This refers to the mercenary getting buffed

I've included all ability descriptions below as well (+that they don't stack, as that still pops up sometimes)

I might do a sheet for all mercenary leak values as well for completeness' sake, but wanted to put this out first, since I'm not sure anyone's looking for something like this or finds it useful. :p Also, let me know if there's typos etc.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
  2. Marchombre

Marchombre Member

3. GvR Mr Mister

GvR Mr Mister Member

Would you mind if i include this to my website? :)

4. jitsuc4

jitsuc4 Moderator

5. Jaf

Jaf Member

Nice one by the way !

6. Seraphin

Seraphin Member

Really interesting table !!! I really love it !!
    By the way, this illustrates sooooo well how Pack Leader is absolutely useless after wave 12.......And I don't talk about hermit and safety.

do you think it is possible to do a column with safety mole and hermit ? I guess it is pretty hard since it depends a lot of the fight speed. But that would be interesting to see how much Safety and Hermit could give a wave more resistant.

7. jitsuc4

jitsuc4 Moderator

It's weaker for sure, but don't forget that it has some dps on its own as well as adding an additional tanky target, so it's still decent as filler or additional send in some cases, but probably not as mandatory as it might seem at first.

I thought about adding Hermit, but as you mentioned, fight length plays a major role, in addition to how much aoe vs. single target the build has, so the info could only be how much percentage of max. health is regenerated per second, and I didn't think that's really telling anything, so I omitted it.

Regarding Safety Mole, since it's flat reduction to damage taken, I don't think it's useful to include, because it depends on how many units are present and what kind of damage sources are in effect. But, it scales very well into late game, as there will be more units than during early game, and as result the reduction is even better. One other thing to keep in mind is that some damage sources actually are affected more than once, for example Bunk/Haven reflect deals damage twice (one is flat damage reflect, the other is percentage-based reflect), so mole reduces damage from the reflect by 10!

Seraphin likes this.
  8. Seraphin

Seraphin Member

I think Pack Leader and Hermit should be a bit stronger in late game. By the way, if you want a tank, that's usually better to have 2 dinos + 1 snail rather than a Pack Leader. If you want a DPS mercenary, you will prefer mass lizzard, brute or drake. So I don't think the argument "Pack Leader still does damage and tank" is not available :s

I understand why you didn't show Hermit. That would have been interesting to illustrate how useless it is in late game :(