1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Standard -dps after each round.

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by basti, Apr 2, 2020.

1. basti

basti Member

Hey Lisk,

could you implement the option that the -dps is shown after each round automatically? So just a bool in the settings somewhere "Show damage per seconds after each round automatically" or sth. like that. So you dont have to type it after each round.

That would be nice.

Greetings :)

Jules, Bonny and Seraphin like this.
  2. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

I was actually thinking about this the other day. I agree you should have the option to toggle it on or off. Would also be nice if we can make it work for summoner units (for example, Gate always shows 0 DPS).

What do you think about making it show total damage instead of DPS. Imo, that's better because DPS is being averaged over the duration of the wave, which can really vary. For example, if you have a Doppelganger that pops off and catches a huge leak in the middle, it can actually have lower DPS because of how long the wave was. Raw damage output would be a better indicator of how effective units are a particular wave.

basti likes this.
  3. basti

basti Member

Hey Jules,

i agree with you that, in detail, there are a lot of things that are not clear how the damage should be countet, e.g. if a unit debuffs with villain - is the bonus dmg its own dmg (so you can see how effective this unit is (with villain)).

I agree with you, that the dps is may not the best thing because different wave length in different games for the same waves leads to not comparable dps numbers. So the damage overall could be the better choice.

If i can express here another wish: the amount of life gained would be also a very nice information. So you can see how much life did the bunk leeched due to the butcher buff or how much did it regen because of the ocean templer buff. So, I sometimes ask me is it worth to up here the ocean templar or should i just go for another bunk? It is hard to evaluate which move is the more efficient one. Even in sandbox mode you can just have a look at which build does better hold but i have kinda no feeling about the amount of gained hp. Is it worth to build a butcher inside a violet spam? Or may it becomes worth it with head chef and magician? I have kinda no feeling about these not obviously good or bad things like Butcher - Nightmare (good) or Butcher - Golem (bad).

So what do i "wish" beside the standard -dps? The perfect thing would be if you see both at the same time, but i think this would just overload everything with numbers. So may you have the option to easily switch between the "damage overall" and "life gain during the wave". May you just press a button and the showed numbers switch? I dont know - im not good in useability things...

Jules likes this.
  4. Jules

Thanks, basti. Not exactly sure when we can prioritize this, but I'd like to:
    • Add -damage, which displays total damage
    • Fix -damage and -dps for summoners
    • Add the option to toggle it on so you see it every wave automatically
    • Maybe add some others, but I feel either -dps or -damage is the most important one and the one players care about the most

basti likes this.
  5. basti

basti Member

Hey Jules,

i wanna ask about the state for this feature?

Greets
    Basti

6. Jules

Lisk would have to implement it. I saw him comment in Discord a couple weeks ago that he likes the idea, so it's a matter of time and prioritization. It's on the to-do list!

basti likes this.